Back to building time

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
It's the pusillanimous generation.
Part of it is generational. But anyone that gets up at 3 am to go to work every day has a decent work ethic. By far most of the drivers we have came from preload. I don't think that's a coincidence.

Now one of two things happens. They either see the trucks and figure it out or they run seasonal and figure it out.

Part of it is generational. But anyone that gets up at 3 am to go to work every day has a decent work ethic. By far most of the drivers we have came from preload. I don't think that's a coincidence.

Now one of two things happens. They either see the trucks and figure it out or they run seasonal and figure it out.

Most of our drivers came from preload and still cover it. It's funny to see 60 year old men ripping 30 minute trailers while the young bucks are at an hour wondering who is this guy haha.

I'm in it for driver. Wake up at 12:30-1am everyday, walk a couple miles to work, load or unload, walk home and do it again.

Honestly though I think I'm the only person who has done a seasonal and has come back. Now that I think about it, when I started some guy I've never seen since said "you went through that and wanted to come back?".

I had stuff stacked out in the parking lot for 4 trucks this morning and the drivers were cool about it, I told them sorry it's the best I can do but no misloads, xyz is sorted in abc, etc. Told two of them it was worse than the peaks I've seen and it was like "oh wow this guy came back to this circus". Gave me 1200 packages for 4 cars and pushed our start time out.. that'll do nothing but make us work longer (not that I mind), but make drivers work later (which I do mind because that'll be me one day).

It ain't hard to do a job. Not everyone can be 9-5. I did that from 18 to 28 and did another office job at my university for 4 years. I was depressed just wanting to die. Then I picked up manual labor and it helps. I'm not the most able-bodied or of complete sound mind, but I can work until your average person falls to the floor in exhaustion and do it right and do it again and not care. It pays the bills. No sense letting it drive you mad.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
Remember, it's a marathon, not a sprint. The longer you work in a day, the slower your even pace should be. You have to hydrate and fuel the body in this hot summer.

I'm actually planning on working to the point that I drop dead on the job. My ORS can come out with the coroner and scrape what remains of me off the pavement with a big spatula.

JL 0513

Why am i being harassed to be back at 8 when orion says i should be done with my last stop at 930? I've been getting messages all day to hurry up and i had to run a gun to be back by 8 with no break. This makes no sense. I dont like taking short cuts

Orion ETA is way optimistic on most routes too. If it's saying 9:30, it's realistically more like 10:30.

JL 0513

We don't have that out here. We know we are working late. Hell most guys are working 14 hrs. Working pre load. No one wants to work out here. There may be 3 or 4 of us who may hit 90k this yr. That will be a first in my 29 yrs

90K? That's under average and not that much hours. I will hit $100K and pretty average in my center.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
90K? That's under average and not that much hours. I will hit $100K and pretty average in my center.

We have a unique tiny center. Only 22 ft routes. Been running 28 as of late. We also have a 6 :30pm air departure. Most need to be done to make the air car. Can't imagine the hours you need to work for 100k. I avg about 48 a week