Ceased all safetey Committee activities.

Maplewood

Local 174 has ceased all member participation in all safetey committees in all of our barns as of today. All employee safety committees have been disbanded. UPS obviously does not care at all for our safety anyway. 70 hours! They can start doing the pcms instead of us doing their job.
It's a good start. Let's save our OT money for the picket line in August!

Maplewood

So you guys just discovered UPS doesn't care about your safety?
Nope. They are pushing back the only ways they can. Unions can only do so much with a piece of :censored2: Republican heading the NLRB. It's a good start. I would like to hear of more ways push back. Unions can be sued and therefore cannot be party to things like Slowdowns and Sickouts but if there are any other actions going on I'd like to hear about them.

currahee

I and one other member has ceased all Safety Committee activites .Co-chair said when i told him im out" I think you should take the easy money". Its not about easy money. Safety Committee is a total cash grab anyway. Guys do it to make extra money and company has for Liberty Mutual discount. I wish Teamsters would pull plug on Committee nationwide.

Blackadder 2

Local 174 has ceased all member participation in all safetey committees in all of our barns as of today. All employee safety committees have been disbanded. UPS obviously does not care at all for our safety anyway. 70 hours! They can start doing the pcms instead of us doing their job.
It's a good start. Let's save our OT money for the picket line in August!

Should be done nationwide. If UPS wants to pretend they care about safety fine. But no reason the Teamsters have to go along with the show.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I resigned from the Safety Committee for similar reasons. The company spends billions on technology to cram more stops on cars, there is nothing healthy or safe about that.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Nope. They are pushing back the only ways they can. Unions can only do so much with a piece of :censored2: Republican heading the NLRB. It's a good start. I would like to hear of more ways push back. Unions can be sued and therefore cannot be party to things like Slowdowns and Sickouts but if there are any other actions going on I'd like to hear about them.
Before we blame this on the GOP, when Obama had total control, what pro union laws were enacted?

Foamer Pyle

Get real, Obama didn’t do crap for his 8 years, and did more detrimental things to weaken this country. Obama was a pathetic President, and i venture to say, worse than Jimmy Carter. You will never see tax cuts with a Democrat, or a strong military, secure boarders or fair trade deals. Yea, Clinton sold unions down the drain with his NAFTA deal. I voted Democrat for years, and finally woke up to the fact that they are weak, bad for the country, and the economy. Are you an illegal too?