Central,Western PA and 243 count today

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Rogue locals?

That’ll teach them?

Are we forgetting the national along with most of the supplements were voted down but pushed through on a technicality?

All those you mentioned never got to the magic number so that Hoffa could not "ratify."

These two hit that number, so Hoffa cannot "ratify," he has to implement by changing the Constitution again.

"How dare these members vote no in such numbers that they are forcing me to change the Constitution, again."

Superteeth2478

Well Mr. BUG, where are you to speak on the rumor that haw haw Hawfa and Traitor intend to impose the local agreements that were rejected by the membership of two locals, to the tune of 88% and 96% NO votes? Admittedly it is still a rumor coming from your arch-enemy TDU, but they don't really have an incentive to claim that something that serious is going to happen only to shoot themselves in the foot and lose credibility by being completely wrong.

Last time supplemental agreements were imposed because the voters were allegedly having issues with NMA language that resulted in them voting down their supplemental agreements (which is really nonsense anyways because that is what supplemental agreements are for, to address weaknesses in the NMA language, similar to how the federal government delegates the power to states to create laws that oftentimes provide the citizens of those states with more rights than those afforded them by federal law).

This time it's because of "unattainable demands". Really, that's the only thing that has me thinking that it's POSSIBLE that TDU is full of crap, only because it's hard for me to believe that Hawfa and Traitor are so stupid that they can claim the demands of Local 243 are "unattainable" when better provisions were on the table prior to the membership rejecting them the first time around. That's as close to proof as you could possibly get for collusion, and if someone in that local DOESN'T file board charges on that basis I weep for the membership of that local and for the future of the Teamsters as a whole.

browned out

Why did he allow a second offer, an offer that was negotiated backwards, to go out for a vote in the first place?

Doesn't give us much optimism that the IBT is earnest in negotiating the best supplement possible for the members of Western PA and Local 243.

It's all quite shameful.

Hoffa/Taylor/Hall allowed it for at least three reasons. 1. To penalize the members of W. PA. 2. To continue demoralizing and increasing the apathy of the entire membership. 3. To protect the leadership of 243 and W. PA. The leaders of 243 and W. PA need to be electable. 243 and W. PA knew this would be crammed thru so they recommended a NO vote. So; come election time; the 243 and W. PA corrupt, colluding, Hoffa/Taylor/Hall loyal crew will attempt to tell the members whose lives were affected negatively by this "CBA"......'we told you all it was a bad deal, we recommended voting no, the IBT forced it thru. We had nothing to do with it'

The criminals in 243 and W. PA will be voted out.

When the pieces of work (Hoffa/Taylor) state that 243's GOALS DEMANDS ARE UNOBTAINABLE; that is ludicrous.

One of 'demands' was to CLARIFY RPCDS RIGHTS. The demand was not to give RPCDs the right to bump 22.4s. The demand was to answer the question.

Putting 40% or more of all RPCD's income in doubt is a Major change in pay and working conditions.

Last edited:

stray

How can UPS play "Let's Make A Deal" with Local 804, but come with a leeser offers to the other regions and Locals?

It's all very sad and transparent.

Autonomy of the Locals.

The International did not negotiate it or send it out for a vote, the Locals did.

Could Hoffa have stepped in before it was sent for a vote?

Yes, but why would he?

Let those rogue Locals vote a sub-par offer, and Bam! Imposed..

That will teach them.

That's not true by virtue of ART. XII, SEC. 2 of the IBT Constitution:

~Where special riders, supplements, or agreements applicable to one or more Local Unions are separately negotiated and agreed to providing for wages, hours, fringe benefits, or working conditions, such special riders or supplements, shall first be approved by the master negotiating committee before being submitted to the affected members for a vote in accordance with the provisions of Article XII, Section 1(b).~

Sorry, but "local autonomy" inconveniently does not insulate the IBT in this instance.

The IBT forced the Locals to take whatever they had negotiated and put it to an immediate vote. Our Principal Officer, along with others, wrote to them asking for more time to get UPS to negotiate a realistic offer and they were denied. The IBT has a HUGE role in this fiasco. Once we have a written statement from the IBT, I hope the Western PA negotiating committee will file charges with the NLRB. If not, there are plenty of members that will.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Our Principal Officer, along with others, wrote to them asking for more time to get UPS to negotiate a realistic offer and they were denied.

What would more time do?

Allow UPS to say no 3 more times?

They were not going to give you what you wanted and Hoffa knew it.

And Hoffa was not going to let you strike to try to get it.

If not, there are plenty of members that will.

File charges on what?

UPS said no to your demands, so they asked Hoffa if he'was going to vote it, or strike.

And we all know which option he took.

Now, if he imposes the contract, file away, although it will go nowhere.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Well Mr. BUG, where are you to speak on the rumor that haw haw Hawfa and Traitor intend to impose the local agreements that were rejected by the membership of two locals, to the tune of 88% and 96% NO votes? Admittedly it is still a rumor coming from your arch-enemy TDU, but they don't really have an incentive to claim that something that serious is going to happen only to shoot themselves in the foot and lose credibility by being completely wrong.

Well, as you said.... it's just a rumor from TDU at this point.

I haven't read any official statement from the IBT yet.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Well, as you said.... it's just a rumor from TDU at this point.

I haven't read any official statement from the IBT yet.
....and I beat 'em to it.

Just like I did when I predicted the two-thirds/50% implementations last Fall.

The IBT's collusionary, weak ass games are now sooo easy to spot.

~Bbbl~™

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Hoffa/Taylor/Hall allowed it for at least three reasons.

"Maybe" the reason was.... all the smack talking on the internet ? :biggrin:

The criminals in 243 and W. PA will be voted out.

And now, the Western Pa Union Officials are criminals ?

When did you ever deal with them ?

When the pieces of work (Hoffa/Taylor) state that 243's GOALS DEMANDS ARE UNOBTAINABLE; that is ludicrous.

One of 'demands' was to CLARIFY RPCDS RIGHTS. The demand was not to give RPCDs the right to bump 22.4s. The demand was to answer the question.

I thought you wanted the ability for the RCPD's to bump 22.4's ?

You still haven't figured out what language in the Central Region covers it.

Putting 40% or more of all RPCD's income in doubt is a Major change in pay and working conditions.

Where do you come up with 40% or more ?

-Bug-

browned out

Screenshot_20190227-232440.png
And now, the Western Pa Union Officials are criminals ?

When did you ever deal with them ?
Pay Attention Big Useless Guy. And take the blinders off. 538 colluded with UPS during the last CBA and that evidence is on the record. Violators of the Teamster Constitution run 538. But; you obviously know this. You choose to ignore it. Are you BRF or BUG?

I thought you wanted the ability for the RCPD's to bump 22.4's ? While that would be ideal; what was required was clarification on IF RPCDS HAVE A RIGHT TO OR NOT. The cowards refused to answer that question.

You still haven't figured out what language in the Central Region covers it.
Point it out. Where does it state we can bump onto Sat or Sun.

Where do you come up with 40% or more ?
OK. Grade school math. A normal work week is 5 days hence 5 days = 100% of a normal work week. So each day is = to 20%. Drivers laid of on M and T will have no contractual right to make up those days of Sat or Sun. Therefore 40% of their workweek and income is in doubt.

F

Frankie's Friend

They got a sweet deal
@Mugarolla thinks that another local, other locals, asking for more time is futile.

It's their local.

At the least give the (stronger) last few locals the respect they deserve and butt out.

There's no respect for members in the ibt hierarchy.

Maybe 804 and Western PA shouldve negotiated the NMA.

What a disgrace.

They need to pass out vaseline to all new members at the local meetings.