Central,Western PA and 243 count today

stray

What is to stop Hoffa/Hall from imposing these two rejected supplements just like they did in 2014?

They amended the Constitution to allow themselves to force that supplement on us because the issue we had (Teamcare) was not a supplemental issue, it was included in the language of the Master Agreement. The current issues are ALL supplemental so that amendment is null & void in this circumstance.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Article XII of the IBT Constitution (Ratification of Local Union Collective Bargaining Agreements) says "to use every possible means of achieving a settlement or resolution of the difficulty or dispute through the process of collective bargaining." If they intend to force this sub par supplement on us, it clearly violates that language and will be addressed by filing charges with the NLRB.
They amended the Constitution to allow themselves to force that supplement on us because the issue we had (Teamcare) was not a supplemental issue, it was included in the language of the Master Agreement. The current issues are ALL supplemental so that amendment is null & void in this circumstance.
You say all of that with such conviction.

....and again, I hope I am wrong....but?

~Section 6. The General Executive Board is empowered to amend, delete, or add to this Article if at any time it believes such action will be in the interests of the International Union or its subordinate bodies.~

In 2013-14, the rejected supplements (Local 89 Air Rider, Metro Philly, or Western Pennsylvania) had ZERO language that attempted to usurp TeamCare or any other part of the National Master, yet they were imposed under the arbitrary assumption that it was in protest to TeamCare.
But then again there are supplements that had and still have language that does usurp TeamCare to this day, or we would all be on it....wouldn't we?

Wanna try again to make that "TeamCare argument" to make sense?

In the end also don't forget:

~The General President shall have authority to interpret the Constitution and laws of the International Union, including the authority to interpret the Bylaws of subordinate bodies, and to decide all questions of law thereunder between meetings of the General Executive Board.~

God I hope I am wrong.

Last edited:

stray

You say all of that with such conviction.

Accept-your-past-without-regrets-handle-your-present-with-confidence-and-face-your-future-without-fear..jpg

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
You are not wrong.

He has the power...

He has the authority...

The only question....

Will he?

Or will he allow one more try at negotiations and a vote?
Why did he allow a second offer, an offer that was negotiated backwards, to go out for a vote in the first place?

Doesn't give us much optimism that the IBT is earnest in negotiating the best supplement possible for the members of Western PA and Local 243.

It's all quite shameful.

bowhnterdon

Just saw on Facebook (I Know) that the IBT told 243 and Pa That their goals were “unattainable “ and were enforcing the last offer. If true , this is corruption at it’s finest..

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Why did he allow a second offer, an offer that was negotiated backwards, to go out for a vote in the first place?

Doesn't give us much optimism that the IBT is earnest in negotiating the best supplement possible for the members of Western PA and Local 243.

It's all quite shameful.
Word from TDU is these locals have been told Hoffa will impose because their demands are “unattainable”

How is that so when western pa got a better offer before?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Word from TDU is these locals have been told Hoffa will impose because their demands are “unattainable”

How is that so when western pa got a better offer before?
How can UPS play "Let's Make A Deal" with Local 804, but come with a leeser offers to the other regions and Locals?

It's all very sad and transparent.

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
This is a good path for the teamsters to get dissolved.. god could you imagine working for ups without somewhat of a union? We are beeped.. tough times ahead mates

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!

Autonomy of the Locals.

The International did not negotiate it or send it out for a vote, the Locals did.

Could Hoffa have stepped in before it was sent for a vote?

Yes, but why would he?

Let those rogue Locals vote a sub-par offer, and Bam! Imposed..

That will teach them.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Autonomy of the Locals.

The International did not negotiate it or send it out for a vote, the Locals did.

Yes, but why would he?

That will teach them.
Rogue locals?

That’ll teach them?

Are we forgetting the national along with most of the supplements were voted down but pushed through on a technicality?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
How can UPS play "Let's Make A Deal" with Local 804, but come with a leeser offers to the other regions and Locals?

It's all very sad and transparent.
Autonomy of the Locals.

Yes, but why would he?

That will teach them.
That's not true by virtue of ART. XII, SEC. 2 of the IBT Constitution:

~Where special riders, supplements, or agreements applicable to one or more Local Unions are separately negotiated and agreed to providing for wages, hours, fringe benefits, or working conditions, such special riders or supplements, shall first be approved by the master negotiating committee before being submitted to the affected members for a vote in accordance with the provisions of Article XII, Section 1(b).~

Sorry, but "local autonomy" inconveniently does not insulate the IBT in this instance.

Last edited: