Central,Western PA and 243 count today

Superteeth2478

No, I don't get excited for my tax return. I just reinvest it when it comes in. Doesn't matter when it does because I know I'll get it when it's time.

Well I applaud you for that I was simple making the point that some of us would like our money unfortunately JG Wetworth won’t help me
The thing I don't get is why so few people realize that a tax return isn't something that's supposed to happen in the first place. You're supposed to set your W-4 allowances correctly so that you get the money that you would have gotten at the beginning of the next year all throughout the year so that you can actually use it. There are probably people who live paycheck to paycheck who could use an additional $300 a month, but they don't set their W-4 correctly and end up getting it at the end of the year. What makes this worse is that people think it's "free money" or a bonus of some kind, so they blow it all in one strip club, when it was really THEIR money in the first place.

Same thing is going to happen with the retro checks. People are going to feel like it's a bonus and spend it haphazardly, when they should really save it. It's like the company has forced them to save it anyways, and they've made it this far without it, so why not? Too bad most people are too shortsighted to think like that. I bet most of the people who voted YES on those crappy supplementals that burned down in flames did so because they were thinking "Oh, if I vote YES I'll get my retro pay!" Brainless, spineless morons, who are willing to sell their future in exchange for an $800 retro check.

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
These people complaining about their retro checks are going to be the sameones that are complaining in 4 years on how they are getting *.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
The thing I don't get is why so few people realize that a tax return isn't something that's supposed to happen in the first place. You're supposed to set your W-4 allowances correctly so that you get the money that you would have gotten at the beginning of the next year all throughout the year so that you can actually use it. There are probably people who live paycheck to paycheck who could use an additional $300 a month, but they don't set their W-4 correctly and end up getting it at the end of the year. What makes this worse is that people think it's "free money" or a bonus of some kind, so they blow it all in one strip club, when it was really THEIR money in the first place.

Same thing is going to happen with the retro checks. People are going to feel like it's a bonus and spend it haphazardly, when they should really save it. It's like the company has forced them to save it anyways, and they've made it this far without it, so why not? Too bad most people are too shortsighted to think like that. I bet most of the people who voted YES on those crappy supplementals that burned down in flames did so because they were thinking "Oh, if I vote YES I'll get my retro pay!" Brainless, spineless morons, who are willing to sell their future in exchange for an $800 retro check.
They are the same people who claim it's not worth it to work on double time days because "Uncle Sam takes it all, because it is taxed a higher rate".

They don't understand "withholding" and make no effort to....and they get played their entire adult lives.

I would much rather pay $1,000 when I file my taxes than get $1,000 back.

SMH

542thruNthru

I meant there eliminating 4 year progression and upping pay rates. Mechanic and before any one says anything yes it’s safe to operate and I swear to god the parts are on order.

So what you're saying is your supplement negotiated a fair contract for you and eliminated the 4 year progress and added better language for you.

Yet you're also saying you are unwilling to give others the same right to do that because you want your money now.

Yep, sounds like you can wait just like everyone else.

So what you're saying is your supplement negotiated a fair contract for you and eliminated the 4 year progress and added better language for you.

Yet you're also saying you are unwilling to give others the same right to do that because you want your money now.

As long as he gets what he wants...

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!

There was another mechanic bitching about the same thing last week.

What is it with these mechanics?

They got what they wanted, to hell with everyone else?

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down

Amen, I like when the vets school these newbies about solidarity shuts them right the :censored2: up.

I never said I don’t want everyone to have a fair contract in fact I’ll even go as far to say I voted no on the master due to how bad it was :censored2:ing drivers. I was just simply stating that yes my patients is just wearing and everyone’s entitled to how they react