Classic FedEx Incident

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I'm agnostic, not atheist. And when one of these jackwagons plead to their flock for a private jet upgrade, I hardly think a penny of it is going anywhere but in their pockets.

OK you're obsessed with TV preachers. You sound rational, like the rest of the atheists.

Glad you're ignorant enough to believe an uber-rich preacher could be a true man of God. Think Swaggart or Bakker. Both are still at it.

You have a problem with rich people and have imagined that wealth = evil.

I couldn't pick any of those guys out of a lineup if my life depended on it and don't know how rich they are or aren't or what they're doing with the money they collect (and neither do you). I don't know what they preach (and neither do you), but you don't believe any of it.

With all that said, why do you GAF? Why do you think I GAF?

59 Dano

He said in as may words that he was covering his bases. He can be as faithful as he wants, but it sounds like he's saying he's making sure even if Space God turns out to be non-existent.

Just because you're insincere doesn't mean that he is. Why would you accuse him of such when he said nothing of the sort?

59 Dano

it appears that you do. or why do you even respond?

Since the topic is too hard for you to follow, here goes.

He has an issue with Christianity in general and I'm interested in that. When engaged, he invokes his RICH TEEVEE PREECHUR straw man, I tell him I'm not concerned with those guys since I'm interested in the broader issue that he has a problem with, and he just keeps babbling about those guys that I'm not concerned with and dodging the broader issue because who the hell knows why.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Since the topic is too hard for you to follow, here goes.

He has an issue with Christianity in general and I'm interested in that. When engaged, he invokes his RICH TEEVEE PREECHUR straw man, I tell him I'm not concerned with those guys since I'm interested in the broader issue that he has a problem with, and he just keeps babbling about those guys that I'm not concerned with and dodging the broader issue because who the hell knows why.

68B5A7AD-F9AE-4D9C-B020-52C010993941.jpeg

UnconTROLLed

perfection
OK you're obsessed with TV preachers. You sound rational, like the rest of the atheists.

You have a problem with rich people and have imagined that wealth = evil.
I have no problem with rich people, but generally,
don't act like you (they) are close to God and will have pleasant time beyond this life. People who brag about finances and vacation homes are not going to have a good time

overflowed

How this thread evolved into religion is mind boggling. My two cents is this. The high estimates for the Crusades are 9 million total dead. This is in the name of gods, righteous people indeed. I grew up in Catholic school, was an alter boy , so know the book well. I don't think any god wants people killing in their name.

It will be fine

How this thread evolved into religion is mind boggling. My two cents is this. The high estimates for the Crusades are 9 million total dead. This is in the name of gods, righteous people indeed. I grew up in Catholic school, was an alter boy , so know the book well. I don't think any god wants people killing in their name.
If Gods didn’t enjoy killing they wouldn’t have created such a violent intelligent species. They like the show.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Don't get me started on the Catholic church and altar boys. I agree. No real God wants to kill anyone.

59 Dano

Some people are good at misusing scripture to justify sin. It's getting to the point that some progressives are using the Bible to justify all sorts of nonsense when not long ago it was just a useless collection of fables and stories.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
So, you read about the Crusades in your Bible?

Which translation WAS that?