Contract deal soon?

BCFan

:lol::lol::lol:
Now Bret, you know everything that APWA says is the gospel.

Braveheart,
Your right, we have the "VETO" power. But I haven't seen UPSers turn down a contract yet. Heck, you got those who are pimping for another Union who will scab if a strike is called.
Amen Krash:thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1:BC

30andout

I have a better chance of winning the lotto, and since the apwa (rumors) i have been playing, and i havent won yet!
Once again Red, you have proven to be a good teamster and evaded a simple nicely asked question. Thanks for your reply anyway.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Once again Red, you have proven to be a good teamster and evaded a simple nicely asked question. Thanks for your reply anyway.
30 there you go! How did i evade your question? I stated the truth, i have a better chance of winning the lotto then of your apwa winning an election over the teamsters! Even if you won it would never happen in the chicago area, we fought to hard to get to where we are today!

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
Even if you won it would never happen in the chicago area, we fought to hard to get to where we are today!

Red, with all due respect...you're speaking entirely too quickly. Let UPS employees make the decision. I'm not taking sides--Teamster or APWA. I say again: with more credibility, I'd be very interested in hearing what they have to say. -Rocky

705red

Browncafe Steward
Red, with all due respect...you're speaking entirely too quickly. Let UPS employees make the decision. I'm not taking sides--Teamster or APWA. I say again: with more credibility, I'd be very interested in hearing what they have to say. -Rocky
When you hear something valuable please bookmark it for me! Rocky this will not even come to a vote, because even van and danny know the possibility that upsers will not vote for either the apwa or teamsters is very high, they will without thinking vote for no representation which will doom us all into hell.

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
When you hear something valuable please bookmark it for me! Rocky this will not even come to a vote,

Of course, Red. Gladly. Best I've seen was something on the 'Cafe from Dayton? Or was it Louisville???? I forget. BLAST!!!! I watch CNN and whatnot when I have the chance. I'll keep an eye on my usual news sources. -Rocky

705red

Browncafe Steward
Of course, Red. Gladly. Best I've seen was something on the 'Cafe from Dayton? Or was it Louisville???? I forget. BLAST!!!! I watch CNN and whatnot when I have the chance. I'll keep an eye on my usual news sources. -Rocky
Rocky i meant apwa worthy, i wasnt talking about in general. I wasnt attempting to slam you. I do find alot on this forum to be valuable, i only wish that we could use all of this energy to straighten out OUR teamster union and when this passes im calling on all upsers to unite and create a new slate for change.

30andout

What if their voted into UPS as their only representation? Will you find a new job? Not trying to get you going but anything is possible.
Red, the question mark was behind "would you quit your job".Never rule out any possibility, I never thought I would work at UPS 47 years, and right now its looking that way.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Red, the question mark was behind "would you quit your job".Never rule out any possibility, I never thought I would work at UPS 47 years, and right now its looking that way.
I would never quit my job, but i have been fired 3xs and the teamsters got me back with back pay all 3xs, so if the apwa somehow wins im sure i would be fired again. The company most likely would draw it out knowing the apwa will not have funds in order to arbitrate any cases for sometime probably years.

sawdusttv

Rocky i meant apwa worthy, i wasnt talking about in general. I wasnt attempting to slam you. I do find alot on this forum to be valuable, i only wish that we could use all of this energy to straighten out OUR teamster union and when this passes im calling on all upsers to unite and create a new slate for change.

OK 705,
Let me turn the table on you.
Build it and they will come.
If you can channel the energy and give us a credible reason to follow the teamsters, I'm with you. But, as you say about the APWA, you have not given us any good reason to follow the treamsters either. So, if you're so sure the teamsters can once again be the union they once were, put your energy where your mouth is. I'm waiting for this great epiphany.

705red

Browncafe Steward
OK 705,
Let me turn the table on you.
Build it and they will come.
If you can channel the energy and give us a credible reason to follow the teamsters, I'm with you. But, as you say about the APWA, you have not given us any good reason to follow the treamsters either. So, if you're so sure the teamsters can once again be the union they once were, put your energy where your mouth is. I'm waiting for this great epiphany.
Look saw have you not been listening to me over the last several months. We organized and gained control of our local with a upser for the 1st time in 705's 100 year history. Im willing to have it go to a vote and i only hope they dont choose no representaion on the ballot. But afterwards we will gwt together and form a slate from all around the country who will have all of our best interests at hand. Look in boston with sean obrien i hear hes doing some great work, steve pocztowski out of chicago, in atlanta a upser just was put in as sec treasurer for a local in trusteeship(cant remember local). We have a bright future when this apwa is all over with and it will be a fight, and i would be honored to go into battle with alot of the fellows on this site. For the right cause!

sawdusttv

Look saw have you not been listening to me over the last several months. We organized and gained control of our local with a upser for the 1st time in 705's 100 year history. Im willing to have it go to a vote and i only hope they dont choose no representaion on the ballot. But afterwards we will gwt together and form a slate from all around the country who will have all of our best interests at hand. Look in boston with sean obrien i hear hes doing some great work, steve pocztowski out of chicago, in atlanta a upser just was put in as sec treasurer for a local in trusteeship(cant remember local). We have a bright future when this apwa is all over with and it will be a fight, and i would be honored to go into battle with alot of the fellows on this site. For the right cause!

Red,
I have been listening, and that is great for you guys up there, but it has been tried many times down here and failed.
I am willing to back anyone that can make the neccessary changes.
You have to realize that it is a whole other climate in the CS area than it is up there. The people in the CS area are so fed-up with the teamsters and there actions that the teamsters will have just as hard a time selling themselves down here as you claim the APWA will have up there.
I am an APWA supporter because they have shown me that they are more concerned about or well being than the teamsters. This doesn't mean that if the teamsters could show me different that I wouldn't support them. But, they continue to be caught in lie after lie, every time they come around. How can we support that?????

Bill

Red,
I have been listening, and that is great for you guys up there, but it has been tried many times down here and failed.
I am willing to back anyone that can make the neccessary changes.
You have to realize that it is a whole other climate in the CS area than it is up there. The people in the CS area are so fed-up with the teamsters and there actions that the teamsters will have just as hard a time selling themselves down here as you claim the APWA will have up there.
I am an APWA supporter because they have shown me that they are more concerned about or well being than the teamsters. This doesn't mean that if the teamsters could show me different that I wouldn't support them. But, they continue to be caught in lie after lie, every time they come around. How can we support that?????
Unfortunately, I am also stuck with Central States. I am with you 100% when you say that the Teamsters keep on lying to us. When we ask what is being done to remedy the pension problem, they have no answers. They lie about everything else as well. I just checked the www.unionfacts.com website and apparently they decided to take a 10% raise for themselves in one year. We don't get a 10% raise or anything near that. While their pensions are secure, ours are on the brink of insolvency. The Teamsters show no concern about this, but where I am from, they are more worried about losing their jobs and big pensions when the APWA takes over. They show up more frequently now at the UPS buildings to convince (lie about the APWA) the flock that the Teamsters are in their best interests. In the past, we rarely saw the BA's. If they had done their jobs in the past, they would not be worried today. When it comes to believing them any longer, I think they have lost all credibility.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Unfortunately, I am also stuck with Central States. I am with you 100% when you say that the Teamsters keep on lying to us. When we ask what is being done to remedy the pension problem, they have no answers. They lie about everything else as well. I just checked the www.unionfacts.com website and apparently they decided to take a 10% raise for themselves in one year. We don't get a 10% raise or anything near that. While their pensions are secure, ours are on the brink of insolvency. The Teamsters show no concern about this, but where I am from, they are more worried about losing their jobs and big pensions when the APWA takes over. They show up more frequently now at the UPS buildings to convince (lie about the APWA) the flock that the Teamsters are in their best interests. In the past, we rarely saw the BA's. If they had done their jobs in the past, they would not be worried today. When it comes to believing them any longer, I think they have lost all credibility.
You both bring up valid points, but the teamsters only have so much control with the cs plan, call and ask the government whats going on.

Saw you say its been tried in your area, we didnt take over our local on the 1st attempt but we never gave up we kept the pressure on and in the end it paid off. Dont give up!

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
The Teamsters show no concern about this, but where I am from, they are more worried about losing their jobs and big pensions when the APWA takes over. They show up more frequently now at the UPS buildings to convince (lie about the APWA) the flock that the Teamsters are in their best interests. In the past, we rarely saw the BA's. If they had done their jobs in the past, they would not be worried today. When it comes to believing them any longer, I think they have lost all credibility.

Ahhhh, ENGINEER 79...was wondering when you'd show up again. If memory serves, you slammed me over rep power. I asked you to show me an example of when I'd lied on this board. You never did. I asked for some evidence of APWA's credibility and there's no one home. Start showing some credibility of your own before you slam the Teamsters!! I state once again: I'm not taking sides. Thus far, I have no reason to take APWA's. I don't care for the Teamsters very much but I'm not seeing a better option from anywhere else. -Rocky

705red

Browncafe Steward
Ahhhh, ENGINEER 79...was wondering when you'd show up again. If memory serves, you slammed me over rep power. I asked you to show me an example of when I'd lied on this board. You never did. I asked for some evidence of APWA's credibility and there's no one home. Start showing some credibility of your own before you slam the Teamsters!! I state once again: I'm not taking sides. Thus far, I have no reason to take APWA's. I don't care for the Teamsters very much but I'm not seeing a better option from anywhere else. -Rocky
Rocky you will have to wait for a response from e79 until he gets the next script from van.

p.s if you want easier answers please ask him an easier question.

sawdusttv

It is very hard to prove credibility when an idea or organization is new and just getting started. About all one can hope for is to get to know the parties concerned and go on the character of that person or persons until they have established a track record.

On the other hand, the teamsters have done everything in there power to ruin their credibility, and for whatever reason, people keep looking the other way.
When is enough, ENOUGH????????????

raceanoncr

Rocky, I think you see the pattern by Eng. He likes to hit and run. When he hits, he acts like this is the first time he's ever been here. I like it also when he takes an expression I've used on him then uses it on YOU! "Losing credibility". He must write down all the big words and try to use them in a sentence once in a while.

When confronted by questions that he CANNOT answer or answer correctly, he slyly slips away or acts like it never happened!

He reminds me of these Nigerian bank scams, you know, the one where they send you, what looks like, a neat, official check to put in the bank. They ask you to send them part of it and you keep the rest. Well, guess what? The check's no good, you've already sent them a few hun, or thou and YOU'RE out! Sounds good! ON THE SURFACE! Now, they're GONE! Bingo! What's the diff?

upsguysavannah

This may be a dumb qustion, but if a contract agreement is reached and we vote on it this summer and it is accepted by us, will it supercede the current contract or will it still take effect on 08/01/08? Just wondering why we're getting so excited about a potential early settlement.

Overpaid Union Thug

Rocky you will have to wait for a response from e79 until he gets the next script from van.

p.s if you want easier answers please ask him an easier question.

And speaking of scripts...just before Teamster.net went down I ventured over there to see what they are saying about the APWA. I noticed that they had an APWA discusson totally seperate than the UPS threads. In the list of topics I noticed that someone has posted a list of questions for people to throw at anyone discussing the APWA. Sounded like a script to me so I read through some of them and the questions were familiar. I started getting De ja vu, or whatever it's called and realized it was the same exact questions being asked here. So....Scripts? Both sides seem to be using them. Either way...I think the IBT will agree to the joint Pension because they fear that if they don't then they could very possibly get replace by the APWA. So basically....they will settle for losing a little of their power instead of the risk of losing all of their power.