Coronavirus

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
people are starving to death anyways. its not like were desperate (some of us are) to come up with an economic system which gives the power to everyone. in addition america could copy them regardless. on top of that people are dying anyways by corona!
Starving? Obesity is a major problem in our poor population.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
The great thing that we’ve learned from both Republican and Democratic states that have shutdowns. UPS makes a fortune during and after shutdown and the employees get more hours. Why are right wingers complaining about shutdowns? It fattens our wallets.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
people are starving to death anyways. its not like were desperate (some of us are) to come up with an economic system which gives the power to everyone. in addition america could copy them regardless. on top of that people are dying anyways by corona!

You just want to swap around who's dying. That's all.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
your theory of death swapping is unlikely. i doubt thats reality.

No, that's what you want to do. You want the government to play God and take actions that will likely cause millions more to die than if they didn't take any action, based on a superstitious belief that government is all powerful and can solve any problem. It's not a theory, it's the logical conclusion of your thought process. You want more people to die from starvation than would otherwise die to prevent fewer people from dying from covid. Actions have consequences.

Every country acting like Australia and NZ would kill many, many more people than covid ever could. If we stipulate that those countries' actions are actually minimizing covid cases, then they are freeloading by minimizing their risk at the expense of the increased risks that other countries have to take to keep commerce moving to keep them supplied. Economies don't work that way. Infrastructure that is not used and maintained will have long lasting consequences. Food production that is interrupted even for a few months could potentially lead to billions of deaths. But let's save a million or so geezers from dying from covid. Sounds like a fair trade.

rickyb

No, that's what you want to do. You want the government to play God and take actions that will likely cause millions more to die than if they didn't take any action, based on a superstitious belief that government is all powerful and can solve any problem. It's not a theory, it's the logical conclusion of your thought process. You want more people to die from starvation than would otherwise die to prevent fewer people from dying from covid. Actions have consequences.

Every country acting like Australia and NZ would kill many, many more people than covid ever could. If we stipulate that those countries' actions are actually minimizing covid cases, then they are freeloading by minimizing their risk at the expense of the increased risks that other countries have to take to keep commerce moving to keep them supplied. Economies don't work that way. Infrastructure that is not used and maintained will have long lasting consequences. Food production that is interrupted even for a few months could potentially lead to billions of deaths. But let's save a million or so geezers from dying from covid. Sounds like a fair trade.
thats your words. this is the first time i heard its zero sum and im not suprised. alot of our commerce is unnecessary anyways, it only exists because of profits.

coronavirus has illustrated that globalization is a failure. in addition we have major food waste while many starve. we have a few stinking rich and many poor. the worlds biggest criminals walk free while innocents like assange rot in jail under dubious assertions.

if ur worried about food production, wait till you see what global warming does to it. i was looking at real estate and one of hte photos was of smoke from forest fire bc its happening all the time now.

rickyb

1610832519772.png

1 year old tweet.

rickyb

1610833023718.png

MAKAVELI

Source?

I live in Texas and can find nothing that verifies your statement.
Don't know what the :censored2: is wrong with you people? Smdh.....

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

All of this is speculative, unfalsiable nonsense propaganda that takes nothing but fighting the virus into consideration. It starts from the conclusion that these things work, and proceeds to imply that all evidence supports the conclusion.

thats your words. this is the first time i heard its zero sum and im not suprised. alot of our commerce is unnecessary anyways, it only exists because of profits.

coronavirus has illustrated that globalization is a failure. in addition we have major food waste while many starve. we have a few stinking rich and many poor. the worlds biggest criminals walk free while innocents like assange rot in jail under dubious assertions.

if ur worried about food production, wait till you see what global warming does to it. i was looking at real estate and one of hte photos was of smoke from forest fire bc its happening all the time now.

We're talking about virus response. If you want to make it about climate change, that's another issue where people start from a conclusion and claim all evidence supports that conclusion. It's also another issue where the proposed solutions, which are also based on unfalsifible nonsense, will lead to the suffering and death of millions.

It's not zero sum, it's worse. It's negative sum, lose-lose, through intentional, incompetent action.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Don't know what the * is wrong with you people? Smdh.....
Where does ANY of that say that Texas will be shut down?

Are you a product of the California Public School Education System ?