Coronavirus

rickyb

Bernie Sanders’ climate change plan alone would cost at least $16-$17 trillion. If we don’t spend ridiculous amounts of money one way, we’ll find another. And besides, we can’t actually be sure whether we’ve made good trade offs or not. Terrorists might have had much bigger plans that were stopped.

What personal freedoms have we lost to the surveillance state, anyway? Not arguing, just curious.
global warming will cost more to deal with it than to prevent it.

rickyb

rickyb, if Wall Street collapses and all that wealth is erased then we go back to the basic system of providing labor for food. So what job skills will you survive on ?
thats the system we already have and that wealth belongs to the top 10% of america, it doesnt concern the bottom 90% because they dont own it!

Box Ox

global warming will cost more to deal with it than to prevent it.

That’s the case with everything. And there’s far more fat in Bernie/AOC’s plan due to the nice to have components than there should be. And the whole world needs to be on the same page if it’s going to be of any appreciable benefit. Otherwise it’s just pissing into the wind.

rickyb

That’s the case with everything. And there’s far more fat in Bernie/AOC’s plan due to the nice to have components than there should be. And the whole world needs to be on the same page if it’s going to be of any appreciable benefit. Otherwise it’s just pissing into the wind.
lead by example. american govt is a rogue nation. unparalleled corruption.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Bernie's taking heat for the private plane to get to IOWA...….like an Al Gore oopsie to the green movement!!!

It will be fine

Bernie Sanders’ climate change plan alone would cost at least $16-$17 trillion. If we don’t spend ridiculous amounts of money one way, we’ll find another. And besides, we can’t actually be sure whether we’ve made good trade offs or not. Terrorists might have had much bigger plans that were stopped.

What personal freedoms have we lost to the surveillance state, anyway? Not arguing, just curious.
Trillions spent on creating an energy grid that doesn’t require non renewable fuel sources would set the country up for centuries of success.

Believe it or not there used to be a time when Americans assumed they weren’t under constant surveillance. Before the Patriot act the government needed a warrant to wire tap people and collect all their data. We’ve become numb to the fact that the government collects, stores and analyzes all of our data in search of “terrorists.” When the Patriot act was up for renewal there was plenty of reports showing the broad wire tapping had no security benefits but it was renewed anyway.

Box Ox

Trillions spent on creating an energy grid that doesn’t require non renewable fuel sources would set the country up for centuries of success.

A complete transition to renewable power generation and electric transportation by 2030, with complete decarbonization by 2050. Realistic?

Believe it or not there used to be a time when Americans assumed they weren’t under constant surveillance. Before the Patriot act the government needed a warrant to wire tap people and collect all their data. We’ve become numb to the fact that the government collects, stores and analyzes all of our data in search of “terrorists.” When the Patriot act was up for renewal there was plenty of reports showing the broad wire tapping had no security benefits but it was renewed anyway.

What personal freedom of yours has been violated?

bbsam

Staff member

I’d rather see trillions spent on healthcare.

cachmeifucan

Isn't this about Corona virus. I saw some Asian people yesterday at target and immediately turned around. My wife and I usually go grocery shopping on Sundays but guess who is going alone I'm looking for a mask right now. The lady from Chicago is only about 10 miles from me so who the :censored2: knows who she came in contact with.

deeztier

Isn't this about Corona virus. I saw some Asian people yesterday at target and immediately turned around. My wife and I usually go grocery shopping on Sundays but guess who is going alone I'm looking for a mask right now. The lady from Chicago is only about 10 miles from me so who the :censored2: knows who she came in contact with.

can't even go to Costco this weekend :shuriken:

bbsam

Staff member

cachmeifucan

China is lying it was created in a lab and escaped either intentionally or accidentally either way Chinese government never tells the truth. Time for a travel ban from all countries in Asia. Oh wait that's rasict. Let them all come here and infect our citizens. Anyone who works for ups and votes democrat is a maroon. I'm no genius but I like team care over united health insurance. I can have same insurance as the bums and unemployed.