Dealing with a beeping super jerk!

hegro

This lady reminds me of the lady that came out screaming at me for ringing her door bell while delivering her 3 packages she ordered.

"All you delivery drivers are the same! You all ring the door bell and run back to your trucks! I have kids sleeping!"

"Well ma'am if you don't want your doorbell rang I recommend you stop ordering stuff or put up a sign just like all the other people that don't want to be disturbed. Am I supposed to magically know you just put your kids down for a nap?"

:censored2:ing morons.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
I don't knock or ring the door bell unless I need a signature. With today's delivery technology, customers receive instant updates on their deliveries. Most times, they get a notification on their phones by text or email before i even get back to my truck.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I'm not a UPS driver; just a homeowner. Please help me.

A couple of nights ago, I was sitting on my balcony after putting my baby to bed. It was dark, and I noticed a large truck pull up in front of my house. A guy got out and approached my front door. His truck was beeping... loudly, incessantly, so annoyingly. I asked him if he could turn the beeping off; he said no. I asked him what company he worked for, he insolently said, "look at the truck." I told him that I couldn't see the truck very well because it was too dark. He said, "oh well, I can't help you." I said, "you are at MY house, making a delivery at MY door, I demand to know who you work for." He said, "I'm not telling you."

Finally, my eyes adjusted to the dark and I saw the UPS logo on the truck. I exclaimed, "UPS!" The driver ignored me, walked back to the BEEPING truck, drove about 20 feet to my neighbor's house, the darn thing is STILL beeping, and he made another delivery and drove off. NEVER have I heard a UPS truck beep like that. And I receive a lot of deliveries.

Tonight, the same guy showed up, knocking at my door, at 9:30 at night. I answered the door, and he said he was here for a pickup. I said, "it's way too late for anyone to be knocking on my door, my dogs are going crazy, my baby is sleeping, this is not acceptable." His reply was, "I can actually come to your house as late as midnight."

WTF? Midnight? I'm a single mother with two small children and if anyone decides to knock on my door at midnight, they better expect me to answer the door ready to beat them bloody.

I said to him, "I don't have the pickup ready. Come back tomorrow, earlier." He gave me more attitude, and left. Just a back-talking, insolent, Mexican guy who looks like he's a gang member, in his early 20s. Disrespectful and rude, and while I understand that deliveries can be made late, I think it's really intrusive for someone to be coming for a pickup at 9:30 at night... or midnight, for that matter.

Honestly, if he had acted like a decent person, I really wouldn't be this mad. But to have such a rude, disrespectful attitude along with disturbing my house on two different nights, I want him to never come to my house again.

Please help; is it ok for him to keep the truck beeping the whole time? It beeped as he drove away. It beeped as he drove down the street and around the corner. And is it ok for him to come to my house for a pickup at 9:30 at night? What about midnight?
trust me,,we hate the beeping. there is no way to shut it off. or we would.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Finally, a reply from someone who acts like a gentleman. Thank you.

You're welcome. Glad we could be of service.

Since we know who you are where you live now, we will make sure to give you the best possible service from this point forward. Please accept our deepest apologies and assurances that your baby orca balcony experiences will not be hampered by some deplorable dirty Mexican.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
You stated that your "normal" guy comes in the afternoon. That would explain why his truck doesn't beep. The later driver would have his headlights on and the beeper is tied to the headlamp switch. There is a way to turn off the beeper, but a lot of the drivers haven't figured out how to do it yet. Tell ya what, if you don't like the beeper then quit ordering :censored2:!!
i never knew dimming the dash lights cut down on beeping sound.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

A couple of nights ago, I was sitting on my balcony after putting my baby to bed. It was dark, and I noticed a large truck pull up in front of my house. A guy got out and approached my front door. His truck was beeping... loudly, incessantly, so annoyingly. I asked him if he could turn the beeping off; he said no. I asked him what company he worked for, he insolently said, "look at the truck." I told him that I couldn't see the truck very well because it was too dark. He said, "oh well, I can't help you." I said, "you are at MY house, making a delivery at MY door, I demand to know who you work for." He said, "I'm not telling you."

Finally, my eyes adjusted to the dark and I saw the UPS logo on the truck. I exclaimed, "UPS!" The driver ignored me, walked back to the BEEPING truck, drove about 20 feet to my neighbor's house, the darn thing is STILL beeping, and he made another delivery and drove off. NEVER have I heard a UPS truck beep like that. And I receive a lot of deliveries.

Tonight, the same guy showed up, knocking at my door, at 9:30 at night. I answered the door, and he said he was here for a pickup. I said, "it's way too late for anyone to be knocking on my door, my dogs are going crazy, my baby is sleeping, this is not acceptable." His reply was, "I can actually come to your house as late as midnight."

WTF? Midnight? I'm a single mother with two small children and if anyone decides to knock on my door at midnight, they better expect me to answer the door ready to beat them bloody.

I said to him, "I don't have the pickup ready. Come back tomorrow, earlier." He gave me more attitude, and left. Just a back-talking, insolent, Mexican guy who looks like he's a gang member, in his early 20s. Disrespectful and rude, and while I understand that deliveries can be made late, I think it's really intrusive for someone to be coming for a pickup at 9:30 at night... or midnight, for that matter.

Honestly, if he had acted like a decent person, I really wouldn't be this mad. But to have such a rude, disrespectful attitude along with disturbing my house on two different nights, I want him to never come to my house again.

Please help; is it ok for him to keep the truck beeping the whole time? It beeped as he drove away. It beeped as he drove down the street and around the corner. And is it ok for him to come to my house for a pickup at 9:30 at night? What about midnight?
The driver has zero control over the beeping. We hate it too.

Richard Cranium

Let me guess... The Hispanic guy not Mexican was delivering your welfare diapers while you were out smoking the 25th cigarette of the day. Ask for will call service and you can come pick them up yourself so we don't wake the baby up.

CoolStoryBro

We run our headlights all day.

According to my driver supervisor the proper method is to run your headlights to the first stop. Then turn off the headlights and run marker lights until it gets dark. At which time you turn your headlights back on.

My center has at least 10 different types of trucks. The beeping functionality is different in many of them. The brand new gasoline trucks beep like crazy for multiple reasons.

Box Ox

I hope this thread is resurrected at the start of every peak season as the evil beeping super jerks once again descend upon their customer victims. Needs to become a BC tradition for eternity.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
And now that you're retired...who gives a friend*! Happy holidays, hope you are enjoying all your free time.
I still care about the friends still there. the beeping used to annoy me, but you are right. I am far removed from the daily annoyance. Happy Holidays to you as well.