DIAD ran out of battery. Sup wants me to use my personal cell phone.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
No way in hell I would use my personal phone to take pictures if my diad battery dies. If UPS is too cheap to buy extra batteries for their equipment so be it. I'll sit and wait the hour for them to bring one out to me.

GenericUsername

When my board gets less than 30% and I'm on the last page or two, I take a picture of the diad screen itself so I can keep going. Get back to the center, get a new battery, and just sit in the office and punch them in via function 1 and taking the last 4... over and over til it's done.

LeaveIt2Griever

FileFileFile
No way in hell I would use my personal phone to take pictures if my diad battery dies. If UPS is too cheap to buy extra batteries for their equipment so be it. I'll sit and wait the hour for them to bring one out to me.

They told me they'd meet me in 15 minutes... that was 45 minutes ago. I don't mind getting paid to sit and wait, I just feel bad for the drivers who are going to have to take stops from me after they finish their work.

bumped

Last week I messaged in the my DIAD was at 20%. Then, I messaged in at 10%. No replies back. Then, my DIAD died. I drove the 20 minutes back to the center and got a new battery and unloaded my air. Went the 20 minutes back to my route and finished. Now I'm given an extra battery in the morning. I don't play games, I don't argue with them, I sent them messages. They will only somewhat fix a problem when it affects their reports.

Box Ox

Supervisor asked me to take pictures with my cell phone of every label that I deliver while I wait for them to bring me a battery. I really don't want to use my personal phone for this reason. Can I refuse, or is this a work-as-directed situation?

The way I see it,

1. UPS doesn't pay my phone bill.
2. I could get in trouble for unknowingly DRing a No DR address.

Thoughts?

Flip an InfoNotice pad and scribble the last 4 characters of each PAL as you deliver.

Box Ox

Last week I messaged in the my DIAD was at 20%. Then, I messaged in at 10%. No replies back. Then, my DIAD died. I drove the 20 minutes back to the center and got a new battery and unloaded my air. Went the 20 minutes back to my route and finished. Now I'm given an extra battery in the morning. I don't play games, I don't argue with them, I sent them messages. They will only somewhat fix a problem when it affects their reports.

You take pictures of the messages you send, right? OMSes be like, "Sorry, logged outta the computer and it's all gone!" LOL

Rack em

Made the Podium
You take pictures of the messages you send, right? OMSes be like, "Sorry, logged outta the computer and it's all gone!" LOL
I was thinking the same thing except a picture on your phone wouldn't be proof you sent it since you could type the message out, take a photo, then erase the message before hitting send. There have been MANY times I have wanted to take a picture of a message I sent to CMA but it would be useless.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
One thing at a time now boys, we just got rid of non power steering trucks and lap seatbelts.

This is just another ploy by the company to use agaianst us in the next contract. Replacing all the batteries costs money, how can we give you raises and pay for them at the same time?

/s

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
sounds like the right idea to this problem.