Displacement

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
If Dell went to ground, wouldn't the frt. still be DSR?
What would change to get people to not come in and P/U their frt.?

No such thing as DSR at Ground. They call it DAR, for "Drop And Run". Besides, they're probably at the wrong address anyway.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
No such thing as DSR at Ground. They call it DAR, for "Drop And Run". Besides, they're probably at the wrong address anyway.

The Ground drivers would just sign the customers name anyway.

If they get caught they get 40 lashes with a wet noodle.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.

The Ground drivers would just sign the customers name anyway.

If they get caught they get 40 lashes with a wet noodle.

Ooooooooooooh boy,
I bet Home D gets on here in a minute and gives you guys hell. Home D---------> :madashell:

HomeDelivery

that's OK Express guys... some DO just that & wonders why there's sporadic service at this division

some don't even care to protect their bosses' service bonus & would DR at an apartment building in the hallway, just so they can get paid for the stop <shrugs>

I'm negotiating with my future bosses to include paid stops with service exceptions (code 06, 07, 11, and call tag pickups). I'll probably still work for free during the morning sort and drive to the first stop, along with the free return trip to the warehouse for now...

Ghostwriter

I have been out of the FedEx loop a little while. However, from what I recall the displacement candidates should be offered a job else-where. Usually, this means relocation and training. Before I quit, training was something scarce. Hope this helps. Most people do not relocate (not sure if the expense is shared with the company).

ghost.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Now why would they be lost any more than you? As smart as you think you are, you still strap into a van every morning.

Never said I was smart. But I actually do know where I'm going. That would be quite different from the Ground guy, who is still getting used to being a citizen and has trouble with US addresses.

bbsam

Staff member
Never said I was smart. But I actually do know where I'm going. That would be quite different from the Ground guy, who is still getting used to being a citizen and has trouble with US addresses.

Your disdain for all things Ground smacks of morluck's lack of critical thinking. Perhaps the two of you are more alike than I first thought.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Your disdain for all things Ground smacks of morluck's lack of critical thinking. Perhaps the two of you are more alike than I first thought.

I see the Ground "professionals" every day. My disdain for Ground stems more from Fred's chicanery than anything else. If Moreluck lived closer, she'd be a perfect fit for as a Ground driver.

HomeDelivery

what's with the bickering again between you guys? I don't get it:wacko:

I know some contractors out there are scumbags that will hire people of questionable ethics (because they can only hire desperate people) or doesn't share enough of the pie to the drivers that are breaking their backs for their "Corp" to keep them with their business

that's why the driver has an option to jump to a different boss that pays better; i've seen it at the 2 terminals that I've worked for. Some are too scared to do so & doesn't even ask for a raise as well <shrugs>

there are some good contractors out there, like MOM, who chimed in recently. You just gotta find 'em. I'm lucky to have both good contractors and good warehouse workers & management; that's why I've been staying here so long.

Treat this as a "job" and not as a "career"

I already know the Kool-Aid is tainted & with your various post, Mr FedEx, you know that Express will be "trimming the fat" & is shifting the volume to lower paid workers

Hopefully by the time my son is old enough, I too can move on or maybe see this company change for the better (yea right, that was sarcasm)

bbsam

Staff member
Currently the bickering is about who the hotties from 60's and 70's TV were. Pay attention, please.