Brandon5658

He had some tickets on his record which is why it took him so long, but he built up seniority and even bumped one driver back to preload. They should have explained the process to you during your orientation and hiring process.
Basically, you'll do a little quiz and driving test at your hub, and if you pass, they'll send you to a class for a week. You'll get paid and probably stay in a hotel. If you go around peak, the class might be shortened, but it's supposed to be easier. Just know your 5 and 10s and the other basic rules ahead of time.
I'm 19 so its gonna take me a couple years. Manager said I'll make supervisor in a year when he thinks I'm ready which I'm not too sure how true that is. I'll look into learning the basic rules.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
Had one guy finally move to full time driving after about 4 years of preloading. It's been less than a month and he looks like he gained at least 20 lbs and that's being conservative
I know quite a few guys who went FT around the same time I did who have gained considerable weight. They could be humping it all day on heavy routes, but getting off late and eating at 10pm just to turn around and eat a big breakfast in the morning is not good for the body.

MethodsMan

These PT'ers with an energy drink addiction is pretty sad. Making peanuts as is and some have a 2 drink a day addiction. That's about $6 a day. $30 a week habit. They only bring home about $200 a week as is. When in reality they've become immune to the energy drink and it doesn't even give them the desired effect anymore.

Stick to water and maybe going to the gym before work to give you that kick in the ass you need.

Brandon5658

These PT'ers with an energy drink addiction is pretty sad. Making peanuts as is and some have a 2 drink a day addiction. That's about $6 a day. $30 a week habit. They only bring home about $200 a week as is. When in reality they've become immune to the energy drink and it doesn't even give them the desired effect anymore.

Stick to water and maybe going to the gym before work to give you that kick in the ass you need.
Damn that's some true :censored2: there. I think I'll die if I workout before going to preload!

Don't forget the cigarette and weed money.

Methods Man

That's not proper science/nutrition. Lots of natural things are far worse for you than some unnatural ones.

I 100% agree, never said they were good for you by any means, but like I said in my head they are better than drinking energy drinks or pop steadily throughout the day. This is my “coffee” and what works for me. To each their own :thumbup:

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Oh no. I know what weed smells like, I also no what a vape pen is.
tenor.gif