Express raises.

vantexan

If believe the policy used to allow you to return to your former pay if it was less than 2 years. It may have been amended.
Until recently if you came back before 1 year you got your previous pay back. They start everyone over at starting pay now but there's one exception. If a station is having trouble filling a position they can rehire a former employee at previous pay as long as the employee is still qualified. I had heard that years ago but had forgotten it until HR rep told me that. Mgr said he would look into getting my previous pay but either he didn't or they were trying to get me for less. Told me that I had to take starting pay. HR said once I signed the letter I was locked in to that starting pay. They had gone more than 6 months without being able to find a qualified candidate for that rt. Mgr said the 14 hr rule was killing them and they were desperate to get me out there.

Serf

I left at $18.17 in 2013, came back at starting pay of $15.53 on next higher payscale, about $1.05 higher than starting pay on previous payscale. I was less than 2 months from 15 years when I quit. Mgr lied to me about being able to get previous pay back, and once I signed offer letter had no recourse. I will quit as soon as I can, but will give them 2 weeks notice. They'll need months most likely to replace me, and station is 125 miles away from start of 250+ miles a day rt. If they offer me a reasonable amount of money I'll stay, but not holding my breath. Not working paycheck to paycheck for next seven years for people who lie all the time.
WOW! That is a ton of driving!

TUT

Until recently if you came back before 1 year you got your previous pay back. They start everyone over at starting pay now but there's one exception. If a station is having trouble filling a position they can rehire a former employee at previous pay as long as the employee is still qualified. I had heard that years ago but had forgotten it until HR rep told me that. Mgr said he would look into getting my previous pay but either he didn't or they were trying to get me for less. Told me that I had to take starting pay. HR said once I signed the letter I was locked in to that starting pay. They had gone more than 6 months without being able to find a qualified candidate for that rt. Mgr said the 14 hr rule was killing them and they were desperate to get me out there.

The business move is to tell them they are making over $600 million a quarter, you can afford me, you have my number.

If this was any type of office position pay is always negotiable. If your CEO made a call the system I bet is far from that "locked", which really means it isn't locked.

vantexan

How many stops per day with those miles van?
It varies from mid-30's and 190 miles to mid-70's and just shy of 300. Most days high 40's to low 60's, 240 to 270 miles. They used to put a swing in a motel when they covered it from station but not anymore.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Bruce Jenner will be posing as a woman for the cover of Vanity Fair.
image.jpg

Slave101

I was asking this because I told to contact them regarding our pay situation as no one wants to talk about this because it's so messed up