Express raises.

Slave101

Spoke to personnel and asked if they were aware of new hires making same and in some cases more and I was told it's not their responsibilities. So how is anyone suppose to make sure their opinions and complaints get to right people

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Spoke to personnel and asked if they were aware of new hires making same and in some cases more and I was told it's not their responsibilities. So how is anyone suppose to make sure their opinions and complaints get to right people

You don't really think they care, do you? Their only concern now is making sure management does nothing that could result in a lawsuit.

overflowed

Oh ya, they're aware all right.

DontThrowPackages

An employee who's at the level where a new hire can come in and start at a higher wage then they're probably on the PPP. So it might make sense to look for a new job and leave because there's really no incentive to stay long term. At least with the traditional, one had something to shoot for. Other employers know about this companies background checks and what it takes to get into the company and, if making a lateral change, it looks good on an application. You young guys, go to the city and see what they have in the way of employment. Most city/government jobs offer great retirement plans.
I don't believe anything will change for the employees with less than 5 years. The new hires will come in and make more until those in that 5 year range quit. Those open positions will be filled by people who'll make more than the people who left and with 5 years less experience. I don't know about you Reggie, that scenario would be a interesting one to watch unfold.

vantexan

How does one make less than starting pay? Newhires should be at starting pay and the only way they can be making more than a one or two year employee is if they were hired as a swing driver, a different classification. Not defending the ridiculous pay system, but I think it's a myth or someone pulling someone's leg about starting higher than others with a few years under their belt.

*****cleared*****

There is a courier who is 10+ years at our station and he is making close to what the new hires are making. He's making more but not much more. I don't know exact numbers

vantexan

There is a courier who is 10+ years at our station and he is making close to what the new hires are making. He's making more but not much more. I don't know exact numbers
They really bottle necked pay for newer employees over the last 10 years. It's definitely possible for a 10 year employee getting 2% or no raises to be nearly caught by starting pay rising 3% a year. The goal appears to keep as many people as possible below the midpoint of range to avoid giving 4% and 5% raises. It reminds me of telling people if they take a 4X10 rt they'll get doubletime if they work a sixth day, then making damn sure they never get doubletime. Everything is rigged, and it's why so many don't believe anything told to them anymore. Will be interesting to see if anything actually changes for the better pay wise as some have come on here and said we're going to get serious raises this year. Great if it happens, no shock if it doesn't.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
It reminds me of telling people if they take a 4X10 rt they'll get doubletime if they work a sixth day, then making damn sure they never get doubletime. Everything is rigged, and it's why so many don't believe anything told to them anymore.
It's why many FedEx managers, when they retire - go on to enjoy very lucrative second careers as carnival arcade hucksters.

Serf

I know 2 couriers hired in 2007. Make 18.45 an hour (with the last raise). A new hire off the street makes 17.74 in my district. Just food for thought.

Slave101

I know 2 couriers hired in 2007. Make 18.45 an hour (with the last raise). A new hire off the street makes 17.74 in my district. Just food for thought.
Absolutely ridiculous. Than they will try to tell you that they have to attract new employees to sign up. Not realizing how badly existing ones are getting screwed.......

vantexan

I was rehired late '98 at $10.85. Left Sept 2013 at $18.17. Those guys coming in 2007 got the full brunt of the bad economy raises at 2% or none at all. And most likely they're still in first quartile with 2% raises. Meanwhile company keeps raising both starting pay and top out 3%. Has the affect of keeping first and second quartile employees in those quartiles. As long as they keep doing that your 2 couriers will most likely be caught by starting pay or at best get to continue with 2% raises for a very long time. When a topped out employee making $9hr more than you gets a 3% raise which is .72-.80+cents depending on payscale and an 8 year employee gets .37cents it's a slap in the face. One can only conclude they want people to quit before their PPP and 401k contributions start costing the company more.

Serf

Pretty informative Van. I mean think about what we are talking about. We are in a round about way rationalizing why some pay is awful. Telling otherwise mostly good employees; " Well, you just got in at the wrong time. And that is what your pay is stagnant." It is like you work for a multi billion dollar company and you are forced to digest something like that? Ridiculous. It is inline with 8,10, 12, +plus year Handlers, who thought they had a great part time gig, until one day the company decided that the hourly labor they perform is not worthy of a raise, but all other hourly frontline employees are.