Express raises.

Slave101

Pretty informative Van. I mean think about what we are talking about. We are in a round about way rationalizing why some pay is awful. Telling otherwise mostly good employees; " Well, you just got in at the wrong time. And that is what your pay is stagnant." It is like you work for a multi billion dollar company and you are forced to digest something like that? Ridiculous. It is inline with 8,10, 12, +plus year Handlers, who thought they had a great part time gig, until one day the company decided that the hourly labor they perform is not worthy of a raise, but all other hourly frontline employees are.
They want to look like big shots on Wall Street at the expense of the hourlies.......

Serf

They want to look like big shots on Wall Street at the expense of the hourlies.......
Of course. Being able to beat the drum loudly on how awesome your SFA went, soar the stock up, impress shareholders, etc. It's all great if you're a 25 year + Manager with over 150,000 in stocks. Otherwise it stinks to high hell.

DontThrowPackages

Absolutely ridiculous. Than they will try to tell you that they have to attract new employees to sign up. Not realizing how badly existing ones are getting screwed.......
And what's even more insulting is if an employee quits for whatever reason and then, after 5 years or so, tries to come back, he will be hired back at his last wage. He will not get the bump in pay to catch up. So I guess its best if you leave for 3 or more years, don't bother coming back.

overflowed

And what's even more insulting is if an employee quits for whatever reason and then, after 5 years or so, tries to come back, he will be hired back at his last wage. He will not get the bump in pay to catch up. So I guess its best if you leave for 3 or more years, don't bother coming back.
This is the exact policy that shows you a decision was made to under pay as time goes on. Only time you make decent money is when first hired now.

vantexan

Where'd you hear that? He would get rehired at starting pay.

Serf

:glare: I believe it. You must be smart like a fox. As a mid tier pay limbo employee, somehow cut a deal with Satan. Weasel your way into management briefly. Decide it's not for you, go back to being a courier. Automatically at top pay for your district.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

I've got one better than that. Courier at my station, who was topped out 20+ years, stepped down to CSA for a few years. When going back to courier was placed mid-range. Now making $5-6 less than people with less seniority.

New policy says if you are out of position for more than 2 yrs you are basically screwed for rest of your career. FedEx cares!

Oh yeah, to add insult to injury, HR rep tells this person, Look at the bright side of it, when you retire, you will have a pension.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Oh yeah, to add insult to injury, HR rep tells this person, Look at the bright side of it, when you retire, you will have a pension.
That's just the sort of sweet individual who would work at the VA office who'll tell a veteran who had his legs blown off by an IED "just think of all the money you'll save on shoes!"

STFXG

Should an employee that quits get a raise?

l22

If an operations manager decides to become or is demoted to being a courier and never was one, do they get topped-out hourly pay?

SmithBarney

If you are less than a 10yr employee right now, you can quit and get rehired pretty much at the same rate you are now making.. within a dollar or so.

whenIgetthere

If an operations manager decides to become or is demoted to being a courier and never was one, do they get topped-out hourly pay?
If you are less than a 10yr employee right now, you can quit and get rehired pretty much at the same rate you are now making.. within a dollar or so.

Yes. We had one who went fro handler to manager of the reload. Six months later, downgraded (forced), became swing, topped out. 22 years old! Worst courier I have ever seen.

vantexan

I left at $18.17 in 2013, came back at starting pay of $15.53 on next higher payscale, about $1.05 higher than starting pay on previous payscale. I was less than 2 months from 15 years when I quit. Mgr lied to me about being able to get previous pay back, and once I signed offer letter had no recourse. I will quit as soon as I can, but will give them 2 weeks notice. They'll need months most likely to replace me, and station is 125 miles away from start of 250+ miles a day rt. If they offer me a reasonable amount of money I'll stay, but not holding my breath. Not working paycheck to paycheck for next seven years for people who lie all the time.

l22

Yes. We had one who went fro handler to manager of the reload. Six months later, downgraded (forced), became swing, topped out. 22 years old! Worst courier I have ever seen.

I've heard different things from different people: some have said it takes 1 or 2 years and then if you downgrade you get topped out while others have said any manager who is downgraded to a courier gets topped out regardless of time as an ops manager. Which one is it?

whenIgetthere

I've heard different things from different people: some have said it takes 1 or 2 years and then if you downgrade you get topped out while others have said any manager who is downgraded to a courier gets topped out regardless of time as an ops manager. Which one is it?

I believe it is the latter.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I know a few people that left and came back like you, both would have made more at the starting pay and both were given there old wage back.

If believe the policy used to allow you to return to your former pay if it was less than 2 years. It may have been amended.