Express raises.

l22

Something was posted on our bulletin board today about if you have any overlooked p1 you will get an OLCC. Well if that's the case then so be it, over looking a p1 happens and it especially happens if your one of the guys sipping on the sort and someone else is loading your truck.

If they are posting this, make sure you take your time doing the scans in your truck. If they ask you why you are taking so long, just say, 'I don't want to overlook any P1 and get an OLCC.'

Slick silver

That's sounds exactly to a tee the last 2 days of this week. Nothing I could do but have lates, only way I could save them would be to speed. Not going to happen. Get back to the station and basically get pulled into the office about having lates. Told them there was nothing I could do, unless I was to speed or falsify the stops on road while driving.

l22

That's sounds exactly to a tee the last 2 days of this week. Nothing I could do but have lates, only way I could save them would be to speed. Not going to happen. Get back to the station and basically get pulled into the office about having lates. Told them there was nothing I could do, unless I was to speed or falsify the stops on road while driving.

When questioned about lates, just say there was nothing you could do and request a checkride and that they do the route with you in the passenger seat to show you how to do your job better.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I feel like something is missing in this story because he wasn't falsifying anything. If his manager told him to deliver to the medical place first if it came down to those 2 stops left and he did not do it, that would be an issue, but I don't see how he could be fired for it. No one can get fired for lates. You can get fired for accidents/occurences, falsification, fighting and failing a drug test.

He was fired for not doing what he was told; the bold part of your post.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Something was posted on our bulletin board today about if you have any overlooked p1 you will get an OLCC. Well if that's the case then so be it, over looking a p1 happens and it especially happens if your one of the guys sipping on the sort and someone else is loading your truck

Really though, you should catch it when VAN scanning your packages. But everyone has an overlook from time to time. I think the point is to send a message to those who seem to have them way more frequently than others.

Purplepackage

Last month it was missing POD scans which I can understand being an issue, frankly I dont know how you miss those.

The only time I'll come back to the building with a couple missed PODs in my pad is when I give a couple stops to someone else and they have the POD

dezguy

Last month it was missing POD scans which I can understand being an issue, frankly I dont know how you miss those.

The only time I'll come back to the building with a couple missed PODs in my pad is when I give a couple stops to someone else and they have the POD
There have been plenty of times where I have had a bulk stop of 50 or 60 pieces that weren't put on a cons tag. It is very easy to miss one package when you're scanning that many pieces.

l22

Really though, you should catch it when VAN scanning your packages. But everyone has an overlook from time to time. I think the point is to send a message to those who seem to have them way more frequently than others.

Well, of course, in a perfect world, yes, you should be able to scan everything that has been loaded into your truck. It's a bit difficult though when you are told to offload and then get back to your truck very late as a result and are pressured to leave the building on time. That's why every courier who is told to offload needs to make note that they were told to offload and were only able to get to their truck very late compared to other couriers who were allowed to load their own trucks, which, in turn, resulted in leaving the building late because they wanted to properly order/scan everything, which, in turn, resulted in not making service.

Last edited:

SmithBarney

Actually it's pretty damn near impossible now, with SRA or DRA. You might misplace one, but the PPAD tells you if you've vanned a P1... finding it might be another story. Unless of course you didn't van it(then it won't show up anywhere) CSA's where I am routinely send out missing van reports during the p1 cycle as a courtesy(not sure if this is done elsewhere)

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Like you would know anything about van scanning.

Artee

Heard rumor of 10% raise this year. 5% in June. Another 5% before peak. Any truth to this? Manager would not confirm of deny. Just said they are working on something. I imagine it would be for just non-topped out employees if there is any truth to it.

fedex_rtd

Heard rumor of 10% raise this year. 5% in June. Another 5% before peak. Any truth to this? Manager would not confirm of deny. Just said they are working on something. I imagine it would be for just non-topped out employees if there is any truth to it.

Be nice if this was true, however I put this right up there with pigs flying and Amazon delivering big screen TV's by drone. Whatever manager you talked with knows how to play/make you feel good by agreeing with whatever you are saying, without putting himself/herself in a position where you could come back and say you said so.

The only time word filters down to ops manager level is when legal has said given its approval.

fedex_rtd

Just a reminder, even "if" and thats a BIG IF the company were to give two 5% raises it would NOT make up for the take aways that they did in 07 and 08 when they stole the pension program from the mid range hourly employees. That Purple Promise BS and Portable Pension is a serious joke, it's only reason to even exist is so that FedEx can say they they provide a pension...a pension in name alone.

I have seen my take home drop to half of what it used to be, just because now I have to put the max amount allowed into my 401k just to be able to HOPE that it will provide me some sort of retirement income. Income amounts that will never be as high as a traditional pension program. Try living on the West coast on just over $300 a week AND I'm a full time employee thats been with the company for over 15 years!

But just remember, we can't tax the rich, and we have to make sure "our shareholders" are happy. Re make sure Fred and the rest of the talking heads stay swimming in cash!

Slave101

We are so behind that they can take that 10% and shove it. After 10 years in no where near top and new hires making just as much. 10% really isn't going to change anything