Express raises.

Serf

Heard rumor of 10% raise this year. 5% in June. Another 5% before peak. Any truth to this? Manager would not confirm of deny. Just said they are working on something. I imagine it would be for just non-topped out employees if there is any truth to it.
Honestly, I can believe it. Followed by the better part of a decade of no raises at all!

CJinx

Maybe they learned something last year with Ground employee raises. They moved the raise from July to October, but gave an extra 25% to make up for the quarter of "missed raise money". Most everyone I talked to were quite happy with that trade because they break even by the end of the fiscal year but come out ahead in the long run.

MAKAVELI

Maybe they learned something last year with Ground employee raises. They moved the raise from July to October, but gave an extra 25% to make up for the quarter of "missed raise money". Most everyone I talked to were quite happy with that trade because they break even by the end of the fiscal year but come out ahead in the long run.
Or maybe they learned they need experienced, quality employees more than they realized.;)

Code43

I haven't. I avoid my manager like the plague. As he does me. It's easy to do considering he spends 8-9 hours a day in his office. Probably crying.

Would love to know if there's any truth to the rumor, though.

DontThrowPackages

With more and more employees inquiring about this subject, expect a premature statement to hit the stations soon. I know our managers are getting tired of giving the, "I'm unaware...". "I don't know..". "Who told you......". My bet is June, soon as the fiscal year has ended we may hear something.

Slave101

No one at our station talks to a member of management unless absolutely necessary since you can't get a straight answer on anything.
New courier got a swing position and he's making more than 10 year courier. This is not ok, would department of labor be able to help on how unfair we are being treated in that aspect?

It will be fine

New courier got a swing position and he's making more than 10 year courier. This is not ok, would department of labor be able to help on how unfair we are being treated in that aspect?
Was the swing position available to everyone? If it was and no one wanted it there's nothing to complain about.

MAKAVELI

So then what's the problem? Should they have not given it to anyone just because the guy is new?

I believe its a dollar increase to be a swing and obvisouly the new guy is the only one who wanted it so there's no problem to take to a labor board
The problem is a new hire should not be making more than a 10 year employee swing or not.

vantexan

My mom worked in fast food in a town where there was little else available. After 10 years at a Hardee's she made less than a dollar more than when she started. If it's the intent to treat us not much better than fast food workers we'll all be living in slums eventually. Fred S was a Marine. Hard to believe his vision of America is exploiting his employees to the point of deprivation. It's not only unpatriotic, but it doesn't make good business sense in the long run. Didn't we fight Communists to protect the American way of life? Seems like those in power no matter which side want us either dependent on government or our company. It's not freedom, it's exploitation to their benefit.