Express raises.

Purplepackage

Good chance you're right

Especially if this person is part time they are probably milking. Part timers really aren't going to get road that hard for gap reports, though I will agree 6 hours for 37 stops all together is a little much they should at least be running 12 an hour

vantexan

News Flash.....Fast food restaurants are not jobs meant to raise a family on. They are jobs for high school/college students. If you want to stay in the industry and make money you need to move up into store management. A company will never pay more than it has to to attract employees. For eons people have moved from small towns to the larger cities for opportunities to better their life. Because your mom chose not to seek out other opportunities does not mean some company has to overpay for her services.

FedEx is testing the wage scale right now to see how low they can pay and still provide a quality service. Managers have told me its not working and there has to be better wage progression to retain quality employees. Most of the kids that are being hired on as handlers now days have no work ethic. They are not looking for every hour available like many of us were. They want to work the fewest hours they can and then get off work and get high. The stupidity of these new employees is incredible.
I don't expect fast food restaurants to do any such thing. As I said in our town there was little economic opportunity, most kids grow up and leave. Plenty of adults work in fast food there. But before you judge her my mother worked two and three jobs for more than 30 years, often 75+ hrs a week. She did what she had to. But my point originally was that stagnant wages are usually in dead end jobs like fast food but that is now where FedEx seems headed because nothing is more important than making the rich richer. I've never expected UPS wages, but for the demands of the job one should be rewarded with better pay and benefits if they stick with it and work hard. And one shouldn't be lied to repeatedly either. Capitalism is obviously the best way to go but not this exploitation on a mass scale that's destroying the middle class.

P.S. FedEx figured out a long time ago they could get people at Ground to work for less with no benefits so they're trying to do the same, as much as they can, at Express to further enhance the profit. They know damn well what they're doing.

Last edited:

vantexan

Sounds like you just don't like capitalism. What's the alternative? Should companies pay higher salaries than they need to in order to operate? That wouldn't be fiscally responsible. The entire economic system is what it is. There are winners and losers. Work the system to your benefit or just cry about it, those are the only options I see.
The companies should pay enough to give decent lives to the people that make it happen for them. If people want more than that they can go into management or get some training.

dezguy

Is it actually that bad or is he just going slow to get 6 hours of work
It's that bad. Guy went out with 21 total stops today and it took him 5 hours. I haven't had a ride with him but according to people I've talked to who have, he may be a little slow. One of the guys I talked to said he was making a delivery to a house, turned around to tell the guy something and the guy was 50 meters away, staring up into a tree.

Purplepackage

It's that bad. Guy went out with 21 total stops today and it took him 5 hours. I haven't had a ride with him but according to people I've talked to who have, he may be a little slow. One of the guys I talked to said he was making a delivery to a house, turned around to tell the guy something and the guy was 50 meters away, staring up into a tree.

Yeah that's pretty bad. I did 10 stops in 2 hours today but that was over 150 miles, loving that saturday OT

dezguy

DAMN!, Purplepackage puts that WestcoastHD cat to shame!!!

:bow:
Fred let him borrow this:

fedexcarC.jpg