FEDEX losing Amazon business NOW?

TNT Frosty

ATSG is the company who should be ready to sell to Amazon, with Amazon accounts for 29% of ATSG, and can buy 19.9% of the shares, and soon after the new deal starting soon, can buy 48% of the shares.

Attached is the numbers so far if you liek a read.. doesnt go into detail about who we have contracts with but... (that one wont be released by anyone, as it could be used to poach customers etc)

Attachments

• FedEx-Q2-FY19-Stat-Book(1).pdf
    471.9 KB · Views: 258

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Keeping the union out is the number one priority at both Wal-Mart and FedEx. The gestopo tactics they use have screwed over countless employees and made the top brass at both places insanely rich.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I could have worded it differently, but FedEx revenue would be up 2% if Amazon Air didn't exist. When Amazon Air is delivering most of their own freight, if not all, it'll be noticed. I think they're going about it more pragmatically than DHL did. And if they do move in to compete with FedEx it'll be more than a little niche market, a little boutique business. In no way am I saying they will run FedEx out of business. But they may take enough away that FedEx will look for ways to enhance profit. I don't know why anyone familiar with FedEx would think that FedEx wouldn't touch employee pay and benefits. Certainly have in the past.

I'll ask again: What's special about Amazon Air? It isn't doing anything that isn't already being done, nor is it doing anything differently than is already being done.

59 Dano

Wal-mart's success wasn't simply due to its buying power (not unique), or that they discounted their prices (not unique), but that their competitive advantage lay in the recognition that warehousing products for any length of time negatively impacted their bottom line. They perfected the system of NOT warehousing merchandise, but utilizing warehouses as merchandise distribution centers. They keep their inventory in transit and out of the warehouse as much as possible.

Walmart’s Inventory Management - Panmore Institute

They have also perfected the art of contracting with small suppliers, forcing them to expand to keep Wal-Mart's business, then strong-arming them with the threat of losing that business if they don't lower their prices.

Yet more of a reason that comparing Amazon Air to Walmart is silly.

vantexan

I'll ask again: What's special about Amazon Air? It isn't doing anything that isn't already being done, nor is it doing anything differently than is already being done.
It exists. Didn't before. It's taking freight that used to go to FedEx. It's growing. Will take even more freight. At some point it will impact profits. Then FedEx will look at everything it can do to increase profit. And taking from employees is just too easy. Under those conditions don't be shocked if they terminated the portable pension plan. Topped out employees won't receive bonuses. The sick day bonus will disappear. That sort of thing.

59 Dano

It exists. Didn't before. It's taking freight that used to go to FedEx. It's growing. Will take even more freight. At some point it will impact profits. Then FedEx will look at everything it can do to increase profit. And taking from employees is just too easy. Under those conditions don't be shocked if they terminated the portable pension plan. Topped out employees won't receive bonuses. The sick day bonus will disappear. That sort of thing.

Express domestic volumes are up year-over-year. Yawn.

bacha29

Cramer had Fat Freddy on his show tonight. He's not worried about Amazon nearly as much as he's worried about the possibility of no Brexit or China trade deal and the tariffs remain in place or are increased. Given the quarterly results that came out after the close of the market which missed both top and bottom and forward earnings guidance significantly downgraded .....yeah, I think he should be concerned.

XEQaF

Given the quarterly results that came out after the close of the market
And after hours trading has dropped another 3%. Well you'll be seeing some restructuring in the near future. That share price will not see anywhere near the highs of the last 52 anytime this year

bacha29

And after hours trading has dropped another 3%. Well you'll be seeing some restructuring in the near future. That share price will not see anywhere near the highs of the last 52 anytime this year
Cramer in his closing comments told Fat Freddy that if there is a Brexit and China trade deal his stock will double in price.....Yeah, we'll see about that.

dex 84

Then why do they try to convince us that the sky is falling?

International volume is down and iirc it's 7 times more profitable than domestic. So even with how much busier we've been, if we haven't gained 7 domestics for every international we've lost then we're still losing out on profit...

dezguy

At our last town hall, a white shirt from hq was telling us that their plan is to aggressively target the domestic market.

newgirl

They have known earnings were going to suck for a while now judging by the cost cutting measures we have been going through at our station. I can't imagine what the next few days are going to be like. We are going to have to start GoFundMe pages for toilet paper and paper towels.

"Graf said the buyout program, hiring constraints and limiting discretionary spending are among the measures being taken to counter disappointing revenue trends."

We are already short staffed, we have no vehicles, everyone goes out over numbers but they just keep their heads buried in the sand. Let's hire some more sales people to run express.

59 Dano

Restructuring is already in effect with the buyouts. Additional restructuring is planned for Europe, contingent upon how good/bad the European economy performs.