FedEx stock is crashing and burning. What do you think the future will be?

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Idk, I just like that with ALL of my pickups on the new zebra powerpad, the customer name & contact # is there...sometimes with a short description of what to take, like with some call tags.

I can click on the phone# & verify if they want me to take a FXE parcel or for them to call the 800# AGAIN & axe for FXE pickup

BoxDriver

You mean like the persons name at a business nobody knows with the phone number that goes to a full mailbox like I had earlier this week? Not the first time this has happened to me either.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Thank goodness my pickups were mostly residential stops... That's y I stay on the HD side of this opco

Maui

You're just @MrFedEx with qualifiers.
How far off was I?

This makes sense. FXE would function primarily as a B2B overnight company for time-sensitive deliveries. Resi FO and PO would move through FXE and any SO that needs more than 1 day. The customer would choose when they want the package and FedEx would choose the travel method. No need for moving Express to Ground, although FXE and FXG can contract with one another legally.

Ultimately, there will be a move to optimize the network.

I got the origin, but missed the method.

I don't know. That was just a guess as to what will happen. I know there will be changes, but don't know what will happen. I think it starts with differentiating business and resi customers. This is US focused.

In the scenario I posted or something similar, it would probably start with slowed hiring. This is tricky because you need to staff for current volume and service while knowing the need will decrease.

Overall staffing would be less. This would probably be done through attrition. Turnover is highest among newer employees, so some wouldn't be replaced.

With fewer packages and higher automation, the hubs would require fewer employees and hopefully finish quicker. There is also the possibility that stations start the sort a little later if processing less freight. Service for FO and PO would need to be outstanding.

PM routes would remain similar to their current state for pickup reliability. Some reduction in outbound volume would be expected, especially for bulk 2D and XS shippers.

FXG, I have no idea except probably very busy. I would be curious about on call pickups how they would be handled. Customer service # is bad anyway, but in this scenario how would one decide the service required? Better trained CS reps? Push more people online and let the software determine the service and if it's FXE or FXG?

This is just guessing too though.

That there will be a big announcement in February.
Screenshot_20200207-194519.png

FedEx's stock swings to sharp gains, after Express pairs with Ground for residential deliveries

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Not advice, just passing on what pro traders are saying which is more than what you have been offering. So get back to me in 18 months and we'll see where they are . In the meantime I'm sure pro traders are asking themselves if the stock is even worth 147 let alone it's all time high of 278.
I decided not to wait 18 months to get back to you.

falcon back

bacha29

I decided not to wait 18 months to get back to you.

What's your point? Are you saying that the pro traders got it wrong? On 3-17-20 FDX was trading at 88. Yes it's recovered quite a bit but still a long way off from 278.

bacha29

Why would anyone of any intelligence take financial advice from bacha?
I'm not offering any. Only passing along what the pro traders are saying. Now that the $600 a week in supplemental UC ends this week for the nearly 30 million people drawing benefits and a full recovery not expected for years if ever we'll see how many boxes Fat Freddy has coming down his belt a few weeks from now.

bbsam

Staff member
I'm not offering any. Only passing along what the pro traders are saying. Now that the $600 a week in supplemental UC ends this week for the nearly 30 million people drawing benefits and a full recovery not expected for years if ever we'll see how many boxes Fat Freddy has coming down his belt a few weeks from now.
Probably even more with the newest USPS announcement.

falcon back

What about those that got in at $90 a few months back? What can you pass along from the pro traders on that scenario?

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Your endorsement of those pro traders advice, is advice. Speculating that FedEx stock was becoming worthless, was worthless advice.

Embarrassing but consistent for you.

bacha29

Your endorsement of those pro traders advice, is advice. Speculating that FedEx stock was becoming worthless, was worthless advice.

Embarrassing but consistent for you.
Notice the date of the post you were referring to ......12-19-19. It closed at 147 just as COVID was cranking up in China and was attracting global attention as well as the attention of pro traders .....In your opinion where they wrong?