FedEx stock performance

bacha29

So your area has expanded quite a bit since you left? I thought there was no chance of that? Were you lying then or are you lying now? It’s hard to keep track.
. Never said it wouldn't grow, however I talked to one of the managers the other day I've known for a long time, Trouble is they've added at least a half a dozen new tiers of terminal level management that has to be paid but the volume is slowing dramatically.
Now for contractors out in an area such as this growth doesn't automatically add up to density. It most cases all it does is add more time and miles over rough terrain and very poorly constructed township and private roads if you want to call them roads . Now what a volume slump and a much smaller peak does to them is up to the individual contractor.

Now last week over in the next county a fairly large towing and recovery company owner was retiring and selling all his equipment. I told one of the contractors...."why don't you guys chip in together and go over there and buy your own wrecker? This way when you've got some guy stuck out there in some god forsaken place no sane person would live if not for the free gas then he wouldn't have to sit there all day getting nothing done waiting for a third party wrecker to get freed up to come out there and rescue him".

Serf

Saw they already raised the price of health insurance and that is crap insurance.
It’s been lousy and been increasing for just about every year I’ve been here except one. If memory serves me correct they have a 2% raise and bragged about no insurance increase.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Rumor mill; if you tank the stock price you make it easier for a merger/acquisition. Maybe after we bottom out even more Walmart or Amazon will consider purchasing Express.
They've both supposed to have bought us 20 times already.

MAKAVELI

A part of it's announced cost cutting plan earlier today FDX mentioned a " reduction in vendor use" . Nothing specific when it comes to what that means.
Network 2.0. On a side note they also mentioned service issues at Express and the 2 main causes of massive service failures are EStar and Response.

btrlov

saw an email about manager cracking down on OT, even mins over 8 hrs … looks like fedex might be trying to take back those raises in a backdoor way

MAKAVELI

saw an email about manager cracking down on OT, even mins over 8 hrs … looks like fedex might be trying to take back those raises in a backdoor way
Good luck with that. Packages still have to be delivered and picked up. Unless they plan on millions of Dex ones and missed pick ups, there will be OT.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
That’s a laugh and a half.

They’ve been trying to crack down on OT for over 30 years. They didn’t know how to do it then, they have no idea now.

Serf

Our start times are 15 min later all week. Doesn’t matter when everyone’s day is literally 1-3 hrs longer because of e star.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
You believe FedEx as a corporation is on solid ground being well led into the near and distant future?

Raj and his minions can be trusted to fix the model for the company, contractors, employees, and investors?
He asked what I think EXPRESS should do.

Anyway, for the corporation as a whole, I go back to what I know to be consistently true: it's never as good or bad as the herd says it is. And currently the herd is screaming until the veins pop out of their collective heads that catastrophe awaits.