Recently I’ve had the opportunity to go feeder and question is what are the Scheduled weekdays like? Are the M-friend? T-S? I know it’s on-call to start but I just want to get a clear picture on what my workdays would be? Thanks in advance !

Tony Q

Recently I’ve had the opportunity to go feeder and question is what are the Scheduled weekdays like? Are the M-friend? T-S? I know it’s on-call to start but I just want to get a clear picture on what my workdays would be? Thanks in advance !
Have you ever talked to any of the Feeder drivers in your building?

trickpony1

I'm sure you're aware that feeders is a 24/7 operation.
As a low seniority "on call" driver, they could work you Sunday night and then "roll" (not work) you Monday and Tuesday, meaning you might work Wed, Thurs, Fri and Sat.

The variations are endless and too many to list here.
Don't expect a routine unless you bid a run for a week.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Get those big boy sized pants! Go for it!

I am aware that it’s a 24/7 operation ,and yes I have spoken with different feeder drivers at my center. I’ve heard different things when asking different drivers. Im not looking for a routine because I know as a low seniority driver itll be where ever the wind blows pretty much for the next couple of years in my area. What you just explained cleared things up a bit more.

I mean it’s nothing Different I had to deal with in package . Being called in to the center one day and the next day having to work back in the Hub (preload) which meant getting up at 2am and working 2 and 3 different sorts.

trickpony1

Sign every bid sheet that gets posted...even if you don't like the run.

If you win a bid it will get you seniority and some consistency so you can plan your life around your bid run.

Good luck.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
5% of our runs are T-S, all the rest are regular M-friend
Low seniority have the T-S for the most part.
Every building is different, you'll figure that out after a while.

Advice : Take your time and don't be afraid to ask questions

trickpony1

You didn't mention if you are in an extended center in the middle of nowhere with, maybe, three feeder drivers or are you at a larger hub?

Don't mention location.

DOK

Here, if you time it right, you could cover for a few months then bid on a run with your dovetailed building seniority.

Coldworld

60 months and counting

I like to say that you still are working for UPS but it is 100x better than package.... a move I should have made years earlier... to the OP, good move getting in now because they are hiring many feeder drivers in different parts of the country and soon to be retirees will mean you will move up the list quite nicely in the next couple of years...

trickpony1

I’m in a larger hub,a lot of guy are starting to retire .

You got in at a good time.
Hopefully you'll never have to go back to pkg car.

The upcoming contract has a lot of people concerned and people are going to the union hall to fill out the paper work. Some are so bold as to retire precisely on July 31.