I like to say that you still are working for UPS but it is 100x better than package.... a move I should have made years earlier... to the OP, good move getting in now because they are hiring many feeder drivers in different parts of the country and soon to be retirees will mean you will move up the list quite nicely in the next couple of years...

Yeah I hear this a lot from feeder drivers at my hub

trickpony1

What kind of concerns are being raised with the new contract that is making some want to quit?

The pension is the big concern.
People feel that if they retire under the current contract that the company will cover any shortages by central states because the language is in this contract.

Do you really think the next contract will be better than the current one?

Cementups

Box Monkey
You're leaving out a lot of factors for us to give you any real answers. Being on call can vary greatly based on your seniority. I'm on call but start nearly every day around 3am, but I also brought a lot of seniority with me to feeders to be able to work days. But bottom guys will be called in to start at 8, 9 and 10pm........or if there is no driving work offered then you get sent to work in the hub.

Blackbeauty7123

Does all of this apply to off the street hires as well? I'm currently in the hiring process for FT on call and I'm aware of most of on call language. I'm in the Chicago area so I'm talking about a large hub (not cach), my question is about the hours. The hub has a lot of people retiring I'm told from drivers but like another person said, I hear different things regarding hours from other on call guys. I don't care where nor when they send me (as long as it falls under HOS rules), I just need enough hours each week to be able to pay the bills and eat. I know it's rough starting as a newbie and progression. I'm just hoping maybe they increase the starting wage in the new contract...

Last edited:

Driver7906

I just started feeder a few months ago. Some days I love it and some days I hate it and want to go back to working days in packages. I'm hearing that it's going to get better sooner than later with guys retiring and new guys getting hired so I'm gonna stay in feeder until it does. My body feels so much better.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I just started feeder a few months ago. Some days I love it and some days I hate it and want to go back to working days in packages. I'm hearing that it's going to get better sooner than later with guys retiring and new guys getting hired so I'm gonna stay in feeder until it does. My body feels so much better.

It's a tough trade off, I won't lie. I miss seeing the people that I would see on the daily from when I was in package. But I still get to work days (pre-dawn starts). And like you said, my body feels soooo much better. Fatter, but better ;)

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Hi guys the HR dept in my hub is considering me for feeders.

What is the starting hourly rate for a freshly minted feeder driver???

not much. a lot .maybe . idk. i dont understand your q. hr guy is an idiot.

you must be bored asking a lot of online clowns. are u austistic? and can't face people in real life?