Fred's turn to be pissed off

vantexan

I guess we have devolved into a corrupt Third World country where conflicts of interest are just fine and our leader can manipulate legislation so it benefits him personally. Oh, and we should know nothing about his finances and connections?

Kind of sounds like you are OK with that.

GOP ethics....What a joke. BTW, Hillary is out of office. Quit using her as your lame excuse for everything.
Just pointing out the hypocrisy of going after Trump on small ball issues while turning a blind eye to Democrat malfeasance.

vantexan

He gave Israel $10B.
Israel and Egypt benefit from a treaty signed by Carter to keep the peace between them. The Palestinians haven't shown good faith to live in peace and I can only imagine what they'll do with the money if they get their hands on it. Heard it's under review.

bacha29

Israel and Egypt benefit from a treaty signed by Carter to keep the peace between them. The Palestinians haven't shown good faith to live in peace and I can only imagine what they'll do with the money if they get their hands on it. Heard it's under review.
While it will officially be denied by the White House. Something tells me that it is in reality being used to pay the Palestinians for the land Israel annexed in order to build more Jewish settlements. Just a hunch nothing more. But did you notice how quiet these matters has become.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Moving the US Embassy to Jerusalem and giving Israel a green light to settle additional area will mean more violence and zero chance of peace.

Trump... Infallible. Not.

vantexan

P
While it will officially be denied by the White House. Something tells me that it is in reality being used to pay the Palestinians for the land Israel annexed in order to build more Jewish settlements. Just a hunch nothing more. But did you notice how quiet these matters has become.
Israel isn't poor and $220 million is a drop in the bucket. But that much in the hands of Hamas will probably buy weapons and or explosives.

vantexan

Moving the US Embassy to Jerusalem and giving Israel a green light to settle additional area will mean more violence and zero chance of peace.

Trump... Infallible. Not.
Didn't say he was and I don't agree with that either. I've already stated IMO every Israeli Jew should be relocated to the U.S. and elsewhere and everything given back to the Palestinians. Won't ever happen, but about the only chance for peace. And if it did happen how long until the extremists start going after the leadership of friendly Muslim countries like Jordan?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Interesting that Bannon is an anti-Semite, but his boy Trumpski is pro-Israel. I guess he'll have to inform Trump.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Just pointing out the hypocrisy of going after Trump on small ball issues while turning a blind eye to Democrat malfeasance.

You are such an apologist. Trump wants to spend billions on a useless wall and much more on building a nuclear stockpile.

Like Ronald Reagan, Trump will spend like a drunken sailor and amass a huge deficit.

And, Democratic malfeasance pales in comparison to a corrupt President who violates our Constitution at will and has now basically imposed a religious test on immigration, another violation.

vantexan

You are such an apologist. Trump wants to spend billions on a useless wall and much more on building a nuclear stockpile.

Like Ronald Reagan, Trump will spend like a drunken sailor and amass a huge deficit.

And, Democratic malfeasance pales in comparison to a corrupt President who violates our Constitution at will and has now basically imposed a religious test on immigration, another violation.
Gee, where to start. Barack Obama imposed a ban on Iraqi refugees in 2011 for 6 months. I believe there are if I remember right 34 countries that are considered Muslim. Trump imposed a 90 day travel ban on 7 of them. And a temporary ban on all refugees. He's wanting to get a better vetting process in place. And talk about violating the Constitution...Obama routinely went around Congress on many executive orders, a number of which exceeded his constitutional authority to do so. And are you comparing Reagan's spending to Obama's? Really? For much less than Obama spent Reagan influenced the breakup of the Soviet Union. Probably what ur really mad about, eh comrade?

bacha29

Gee, where to start. Barack Obama imposed a ban on Iraqi refugees in 2011 for 6 months. I believe there are if I remember right 34 countries that are considered Muslim. Trump imposed a 90 day travel ban on 7 of them. And a temporary ban on all refugees. He's wanting to get a better vetting process in place. And talk about violating the Constitution...Obama routinely went around Congress on many executive orders, a number of which exceeded his constitutional authority to do so. And are you comparing Reagan's spending to Obama's? Really? For much less than Obama spent Reagan influenced the breakup of the Soviet Union. Probably what ur really mad about, eh comrade?
Interesting point was made the other day. Not a single American citizen has ever been killed on American soil by a person from one of the banned countries. That's not the case with the other Arab countries who were exempted. Oh by the way unlike the exempted countries Trump has no hotels, golf courses etc in those banned countries .

vantexan

Interesting point was made the other day. Not a single American citizen has ever been killed on American soil by a person from one of the banned countries. That's not the case with the other Arab countries who were exempted. Oh by the way unlike the exempted countries Trump has no hotels, golf courses etc in those banned countries .
The seven chosen were the same seven that the Obama administration put restrictions on in 2015. He has 144 businesses in 25 countries, including 7 Muslim countries, none of which were included on the ban. Several of those have produced terrorists who've attacked us. Yes, it looks suspect. However the 7 chosen countries are sponsors of terrorists who have killed Americans overseas. These are state sponsors of terror, Iran being the most active in that category. Should he do nothing about them?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The seven chosen were the same seven that the Obama administration put restrictions on in 2015. He has 144 businesses in 25 countries, including 7 Muslim countries, none of which were included on the ban. Several of those have produced terrorists who've attacked us. Yes, it looks suspect. However the 7 chosen countries are sponsors of terrorists who have killed Americans overseas. These are state sponsors of terror, Iran being the most active in that category. Should he do nothing about them?

The Obama argument is fallacious.

It will be fine

Exact same seven that the Obama administration identified as state sponsors of terrorism in 2015. And put travel restrictions on. It's just never a problem when a Democrat does it, huh?
The comparison to the 2011 Iraqi restriction is not genuine. In 2011 2 Iraqis that had received special visas for aiding American troops were caught in Kentucky planning an attack. In response Obama slowed down the special visa process so they could examine it and close the loopholes those 2 exploited. It was a response to an actual threat. It was measured and well thought out. Trump and Bannon whipped up a sloppy letter in the middle of the night and dropped it on the CBP. They did little to no vetting of the EO with top policy advisors. The only question is if Trump and Bannon are intentionally trying to upset people or if they are just incompetent.

vantexan

The comparison to the 2011 Iraqi restriction is not genuine. In 2011 2 Iraqis that had received special visas for aiding American troops were caught in Kentucky planning an attack. In response Obama slowed down the special visa process so they could examine it and close the loopholes those 2 exploited. It was a response to an actual threat. It was measured and well thought out. Trump and Bannon whipped up a sloppy letter in the middle of the night and dropped it on the CBP. They did little to no vetting of the EO with top policy advisors. The only question is if Trump and Bannon are intentionally trying to upset people or if they are just incompetent.
Still doesn't change the fact that the Obama administration identified the same 7 nations in 2015 as state sponsors of terror and put travel restrictions on them. As far as the 2011 situation goes when Paris was attacked one of the terrorists had a Syrian passport. It may inconvenience some people but the idea is to not let anyone slip through in spite of most refugees being decent people. ISIS has stated they intend to infiltrate us through the refugees. If the administration didn't do this and an attack killed a lot of people, what will you say then? Of course you'll attack Trump as incompetent, etc.

It will be fine

Still doesn't change the fact that the Obama administration identified the same 7 nations in 2015 as state sponsors of terror and put travel restrictions on them. As far as the 2011 situation goes when Paris was attacked one of the terrorists had a Syrian passport. It may inconvenience some people but the idea is to not let anyone slip through in spite of most refugees being decent people. ISIS has stated they intend to infiltrate us through the refugees. If the administration didn't do this and an attack killed a lot of people, what will you say then? Of course you'll attack Trump as incompetent, etc.
What will you say if a current citizen becomes radicalized due to this and kills people? There are ways to do this well. Trump did not do this well.

vantexan

What will you say if a current citizen becomes radicalized due to this and kills people? There are ways to do this well. Trump did not do this well.
Anyone who's looking to murder a bunch of people doesn't need much assistance in going through with it. There were ways to do it better, true, and in 24 hrs they got some issues corrected, such as dealing with those who already had green cards. What were the reasons for recent lone wolf attacks? We should do what we can concerning them, but we should especially be vigilant against those trying to get here to do just that.