TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
if the Teamsters bend the knee in the next contract, selling out the PT and new guys so the senior guys "get theirs" as is their tradition, absolutely

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Buy me and out and I'll vote Yes.
IMG_4273.JPG

Brownslave688

there is no shortage of those people believe me
That really depends on the area. Many places can't even find people that want to be full time drivers.

Few years back my center tried to hire 15 drivers. 2 part timers wanted to drive. One quit first day alone.

3 months and they only had 10 other people even apply for off the street positions. I think 5 of the 10 actually made it past their 30 but only 2 of those 5 are left.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
That really depends on the area. Many places can't even find people that want to be full time drivers.

Few years back my center tried to hire 15 drivers. 2 part timers wanted to drive. One quit first day alone.

3 months and they only had 10 other people even apply for off the street positions. I think 5 of the 10 actually made it past their 30 but only 2 of those 5 are left.
the kinds of people that do this are usually not the types that become FT drivers

maybe in a super homogenous hillbilly area they might be simply because lol what else is there, everywhere else nope

Brownslave688

the kinds of people that do this are usually not the types that become FT drivers

maybe in a super homogenous hillbilly area they might be simply because lol what else is there, everywhere else nope
But that's the point.

You'll find these people looking to make some extra cash around Xmas.

I don't see the workforce out there to deliver half of our packages year round like the op said.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
But that's the point.

You'll find these people looking to make some extra cash around Xmas.

I don't see the workforce out there to deliver half of our packages year round like the op said.
no offense but you have obviously never seen the types of people that we had for this last year

they are absolutely available year round