And you think no guarantees is gonna fly?

You realize if the union allows this. Which is still a huge if that they would be considered ft employees and if it went year round they would get benefits and everything.

This all has to be negotiated. That's what cracks me up. The company can't just go and do whatever they want.
Ummm.... ups owns the company. They have alway dome what they want.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman

You realize if the union allows this. Which is still a huge if that they would be considered ft employees and if it went year round they would get benefits and everything.

This all has to be negotiated. That's what cracks me up. The company can't just go and do whatever they want.
the company won't do it outside peak if the union slaps any kind of guarantee on it, it would be a total loser

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Ummm.... ups owns the company. They have alway dome what they want.
No the union contract dictates WHO does the work and HOW MUCH they compensated for it.

Ups is essentially creating an entirely new job classification and the simple fact is the parameters of that classification must be negotiated

No the union contract dictates WHO does the work and HOW MUCH they compensated for it.

Ups is essentially creating an entirely new job classification and the simple fact is the parameters of that classification must be negotiated
No, ups agrees to the terms of a contract. And may pay a penalty if they are found breaking any of those terms. It's UPS's choice, they own the company.

oldngray

nowhere special
Because über drivers work when they want to. Where they want to. We have a slightly different business model.

Hey I'm gonna love it when 4 hours into the day these guys decide they're done. They'll finish it tomorrow.

Wait until slightly bad weather days. Expect them to drive in a dusting of snow or touch of ice?

If that was the case 35 an hour is gone, benefits are gone, all the vacation we get is gone, people would actually be fired.
Ups chose to abide by those terms in the contract. If they break those terms there may be repercussions. That's all I'm saying. Just like any contract one might enter into.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
No, ups agrees to the terms of a contract. And may pay a penalty if they are found breaking any of those terms. It's UPS's choice, they own the company.
That's an extremely shallow point of view. That's like saying you just have a contract for employment but you can choose to do whatever you want.

OrionsBitch

Not...
What do you do with the bulk? Some pkgs won't fit in a pu with a canopy. I would guess 4 full time PVD for a non-peak resi route. That may take 40 hours a day vs 9.

In the west there's a company called on trac. They deliver 75 stops a day out of a van. They work no less than 12 hours a day. They don't always finish. And they don't deliver the bulk ups has.
Bulk and business will be delivered by us.

OrionsBitch

Not...
Here is some more evidence that I believe will lead this to happen.

1. Everyone is getting bigger trucks....all of ours are 800's. Why is this? Well it's because boxes are getting bigger and heavier on average. UPS initiative is pulling stuff off freight and giving it to us.

2. Because one 1, we will need people to deliver the small residential stops that are a waste of time and money for us drivers in massive vehicles with terrible fuel efficiency while paying overtime

3. The company invested in Orion which will probably be used through the app for PVD drivers. Will work well with a few stops. Also the app is pretty rock solid. There is no way they spent a ton of money developing the app simply for peak season.

4. Even if they pay these PVD's driver rate (which they won't) they would be saving money on insurance, liability, fuel, vehicle maintenance, training, etc.

5. This will cut our overtime and save the company money as well. We will be responsible for air, bulk stops, business, and pickups. I guarantee it.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
File a grievance. File labor charges
tenor.gif

OrionsBitch

Not...
Because über drivers work when they want to. Where they want to. We have a slightly different business model.

Hey I'm gonna love it when 4 hours into the day these guys decide they're done. They'll finish it tomorrow.
Lawyers and contracts exist for a reason. You know what happens when an Uber driver decides to skip on his pickup?

That's an extremely shallow point of view. That's like saying you just have a contract for employment but you can choose to do whatever you want.
Or you can look at the bigger picture. In the US contracts are broken quite often. Many have loop holes and are up for interpretation. Like the ups-teamsters contract. You should be up in arm at yrcw.

OrionsBitch

Not...

You mean like when the union wasn't supposed to allow Telemstics?, ORION, Guys under 4 years getting the shaft, Bye Bye Christmas Bonus....keep worshiping St the throne of the Union....they do sooooo much.