The Driver

I drive.
Well, ok. You can do that if you want.
Won't help much so I would suggest you keep your pay and make sure you save a lot of it. It's decades yet before we reach the drain circling imo.
Giving back your paycheck would I think, be an ignorant thing to do. Maybe even more ignorant than assuming one knows the results of a massive nationwide program from just one's own limited and biased view, or that one knows what an entire workgroup one is not part of does with 70% of their time.

My sup was watching Queen videos last night in the office

brownIEman

We have 2 PVD. We are also 2 for 2 with PVD in accidents in the first snow. Building is charged with accidents. The work that was pulled. Was delivered by the normal driver in both cases. Wondering if they will be around today?

Well, first off, I hope no one was hurt.
If not, that's funny :censored2: right there.
PVDs are not a solution for replacing a driver group IMO.

brownIEman

My sup was watching Queen videos last night in the office

Oh.
My bad. Clearly proof that's what all sups do with 70% of their time.

Reminds me of the managers I worked with who all had a story about a shady driver padding hours or such and were convinced drivers as a group are lying cheating thieves.

RPSman

Well, when you all go out on strike in 2018, I will be carrying my sign down the street, proudly wearing my "original Roadway Package System" uniform. RPS was a good deal until your ill advised strike of 1997. Hard to access deliveries were left in town at a C store or grocery store, we had language in our contract that we didn't have to go down "two lane cow paths". A lot of people don't know this, but Ivan Hoffman and Fred S had talked merger before your 1997 strike, but it had been File 13'd. It was drug back up because of the strike. I still maintain that RPS should have merged with Airborne Express, wouldn't have that snake oil salesman Fred S running everything. I love the Penske trucks that all the ISP contractors are buying, and building schlock wooden shelves in the back.

542thruNthru

Well, when you all go out on strike in 2018, I will be carrying my sign down the street, proudly wearing my "original Roadway Package System" uniform. RPS was a good deal until your ill advised strike of 1997. Hard to access deliveries were left in town at a C store or grocery store, we had language in our contract that we didn't have to go down "two lane cow paths". A lot of people don't know this, but Ivan Hoffman and Fred S had talked merger before your 1997 strike, but it had been File 13'd. It was drug back up because of the strike. I still maintain that RPS should have merged with Airborne Express, wouldn't have that snake oil salesman Fred S running everything. I love the Penske trucks that all the ISP contractors are buying, and building schlock wooden shelves in the back.

If you are so worried about our contract why don't you apply to work for UPS?

RPSman

"If you are so worried about our contract why don't you apply to work for UPS".

For the same reason that I didn't last as a PVD. I always set my RPS van up where I could get the packages off in order. The snot nosed supervisor wanted to throw everything in the back of my minivan, then let me dig through it. I once locked my stepvan at RPS and took the extra set of keys home to make a point to the stupid package handler who couldn't put things in the right section. Last time that little dweeb pulled that.

542thruNthru

"If you are so worried about our contract why don't you apply to work for UPS".

For the same reason that I didn't last as a PVD. I always set my RPS van up where I could get the packages off in order. The snot nosed supervisor wanted to throw everything in the back of my minivan, then let me dig through it. I once locked my stepvan at RPS and took the extra set of keys home to make a point to the stupid package handler who couldn't put things in the right section. Last time that little dweeb pulled that.

Ok let me help you out with a couple things.

1. See the word reply at the bottom right corner of this post. Right next to +Quote. Click on that when you want to answer some thing someone said.

2. RPS was bought by FedEx almost 20 years ago. It seems like you are really hanging on to it. It's time to let go. There's a whole big world out there.

giphy-19.gif

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Well, first off, I hope no one was hurt.
If not, that's funny :censored2: right there.
PVDs are not a solution for replacing a driver group IMO.

Sorry. I should've said no one hurt. One is totalled hitting a tree. The other is scratches from going into bushes.

Both were gone today. Don't know till tomorrow if UPS stopped it or not