542thruNthru

he was literally agreeing with you guys so gj on your reading comprehension

He literally is calling us jerks and telling us we are getting what we deserve. Talking trash about my union like he even matters.

He's a leech that is upset he wasn't treated better.

Nvm his lack of the reply button screwed me up. ;)

Last edited:

542thruNthru

Look jerk, I am trying to warn everyone about a concept that could cost a lot of union driver jobs. As the posting said, I tried it, was lied to. I didn't get my packages until 11 am. Reread the last two sentences of my posting if you want to keep your job, Bub!

Welcome to what every driver already knew. PVDs are not welcome. You took the job and are upset you were lied too. I'm glad you were lied too. Hope they lie to everyone of you PVDs

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Look jerk, I am trying to warn everyone about a concept that could cost a lot of union driver jobs. As the posting said, I tried it, was lied to. I didn't get my packages until 11 am. Reread the last two sentences of my posting if you want to keep your job, Bub!

What, UPS lie!!!

C’mon Man!!!

542thruNthru

and? this isn't a surprise to you is it?
tumblr_nyhtkl0whi1ryxzr3o1_250.gif

The Driver

I drive.

So you're a PVD driver and want to come here and rub our faces in something that's long been history? I hope they wear you down and out and hang you out to dry. We have a little thing called a labor contract and you don't.

Rack em

Made the Podium
So you're a PVD driver and want to come here and rub our faces in something that's long been history? I hope they wear you down and out and hang you out to dry. We have a little thing called a labor contract and you don't.
He's just a seasonal trying to get some work. He knows, or should know this gig ends in January. Plus he is siding with us telling us we need to not allow PVD language in our contract. I just think the way he went about expressing it may have came off disrespectful, but he didn't mean to bad mouth the union, just Ups.

The Driver

I drive.
He's just a seasonal trying to get some work. He knows, or should know this gig ends in January. Plus he is siding with us telling us we need to not allow PVD language in our contract. I just think the way he went about expressing it may have came off disrespectful, but he didn't mean to bad mouth the union, just Ups.

He's a non-union seasonal and I don't like the cut of his jib, sir!

Box Ox

PVDs are seasonal employees as allowed under the terms of the contract between the company and the union. Union terms.

Nice try though.

It is kinda funny how the Union shot itself in the foot by charging seasonals initiation fees and dues. Gave UPS something to point to and say "See, they're covered by the Contract!"

Problem for me is, what if the economy were really bad right now? 2009 level bad. And the Company wanted to pay PVDs $12 an hour to deliver because there were so many people desperate for work. As long as the Company made sure to take out initiation fees and dues, could they replace holiday package work with as many non-union, low paid employees as they wanted?

And PVDs do work for less than Union wages. That's why they're used. And I don't think there was a good faith effort to follow the Contract in their creation. So I think it was on nonunion terms.

I'm fine with agreeing to disagree.

brownIEman

The Union disagrees, nice try though.

And yet they are on the road in many locals.

Go on strike over it if it is that big of a deal. Then if the PVDs continue to work, they then would indeed be scabs. You have the strength if you stick together to destroy this company, at least in its current form. In 97 Carey tried and came close, but only managed to get UPS to a cost structure where it cannot compete on price but can still turn a profit. So UPS profits went up, and their market share continues to drop. Now you have the opportunity to push the ball across the goal line and finish what Ron started.

35years

Gravy route
And yet they are on the road in many locals.

Go on strike over it if it is that big of a deal. Then if the PVDs continue to work, they then would indeed be scabs. You have the strength if you stick together to destroy this company, at least in its current form. In 97 Carey tried and came close, but only managed to get UPS to a cost structure where it cannot compete on price but can still turn a profit. So UPS profits went up, and their market share continues to drop. Now you have the opportunity to push the ball across the goal line and finish what Ron started.
Grievances filed for all hours worked by the SCABS...By Business Agents on behalf of all members. No need to strike, just pay up and stop setting up a parallel workforce..
Your BS about the strike destroying UPS is just that, and everyone knows it.

brownIEman

It is kinda funny how the Union shot itself in the foot by charging seasonals initiation fees and dues. Gave UPS something to point to and say "See, they're covered by the Contract!"

Problem for me is, what if the economy were really bad right now? 2009 level bad. And the Company wanted to pay PVDs $12 an hour to deliver because there were so many people desperate for work. As long as the Company made sure to take out initiation fees and dues, could they replace holiday package work with as many non-union, low paid employees as they wanted?

And PVDs do work for less than Union wages. That's why they're used. And I don't think there was a good faith effort to follow the Contract in their creation. So I think it was on nonunion terms.

I'm fine with agreeing to disagree.

Well, that's the funniest part to me. In the locals where these guys are paying union dues, it really makes the argument that they are scabs tough to sell. But folks like 35years just can't seem to hear that at all. The believe they are scabs because they want to believe they are scabs.

Now hold on on the less than union wages - Are they? Remember, you cannot compare them to a top rate driver - They just started, most of them won't even drive for 30 days. So, if they are paid more than a brand new pre-seniority driver (and I would add in their mileage compensation because UPS pays for the pre-seniority drivers vehicle) then they would not be at lower than union wages. Unless you are going to come back with Pension and H&W pay, which would put them back under union compensation point to you. Of course, I would have to point out that the definition you posted says "wages" not total compensation, which are not really the same thing. Then of course, you would come back with.... Oh hell, yea, we may have to agree to disagree on this one. :)

You are missing the real threat of PVD's. Yes, in a bad economy UPS will likely lower their pay, but not that much. More likely they would just not raise it any. The bigger issue with PVD's is not at UPS. If the concept can be adapted to wide scale delivery then a lot of the volume and therefore jobs for union drivers would divert to non union PVDs, but they would not be working for UPS. Personally I really don't see it being scalable enough to be effective for massive volume distribution, but I could be wrong.