Government shut DOWN

vantexan

You should educate yourself about the history of Christianity. Just as much violence, corruption and insanity. That's the problem with with most right wing born again Christians, they can't see the problems in their own back yards but so quick to judge their neighbors.

I know very much about Christianity's past. But that doesn't change what's going on right now. Someone who doesn't believe in abortion or gay rights doesn't compare with someone who believes that you must convert to their religion or you are worthy of death. But that's not what I was discussing. I was saying that the Muslim world is so screwed up that we aren't going to change it. Better to leave them to their own devices, watch them very carefully to prevent attacks, and make sure radical extremists don't get their hands on nukes. We have enough oil in this country and Canada to meet our needs for hundreds of years. Time to cut the Mideast umbilical cord.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Name the ones who aren't kosher. Numerous Democrat Congressmen. Democratic strategists who've run presidential campaigns. Known left leaning news anchors from other networks. On and on. You try to marginalize people you haven't even seen because they happen to appear on FOX. And those college kids were saying all the things that are said on this forum and elsewhere.

FOX is FAUX. It isn't journalism...it's Right Wing red meat.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
You should educate yourself about the history of Christianity. Just as much violence, corruption and insanity. That's the problem with with most right wing born again Christians, they can't see the problems in their own back yards but so quick to judge their neighbors.

I hate to get in political discussions, but can't keep my mouth shut on this one. While I am not "born again" or a bible thumper, I do have very strong beliefs. It bothers me how everytime a debate comes up about Christianity versus Islam, the first thing brought up is the violent history of Christianity. Yes, they were violent, and yes the Muslims were violent too! It was the TIMES! Not excusing it but that's how it was then. We are talking about NOW! The vast majority of killings in the name of God or Allah are done by Muslims. Islam is the most unaccepting religion on EARTH. Most of the world is trying to move forward and progress. And yet most Muslim countries are stuck in some kind of time warp. They may have fancy, new high rise buildings, but as far as religion goes, they are back in the dark ages.....especially where women are concerned.

TUT

but as far as religion goes, they are back in the dark ages.....especially where women are concerned.

Sometimes I wonder if they look at the western world and then double up efforts to keep women at bay. Perhaps even sort of like an "I told you so" type mentality to the west.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Sometimes I wonder if they look at the western world and then double up efforts to keep women at bay. Perhaps even sort of like an "I told you so" type mentality to the west.

The Muslim world is generally uneducated, largely illiterate, and living several hundred years in the past. I don't think it's a coincidence that you don't see much progress, either economic or social, in many Islamic countries. I watched a documentary on Kabul, Afghanistan, and not only are the vast majority of people illiterate...so are many of their religious leaders. Religion is the center of their lives, because that's all they've got to look forward to...worshipping, and the afterlife.

That said, it's their right to believe whatever they want to. If they attempt imposing their laws in this country, they'd have a very unpleasant surprise coming to them. The "danger" of Sharia law is way overblown.

vantexan

The Muslim world is generally uneducated, largely illiterate, and living several hundred years in the past. I don't think it's a coincidence that you don't see much progress, either economic or social, in many Islamic countries. I watched a documentary on Kabul, Afghanistan, and not only are the vast majority of people illiterate...so are many of their religious leaders. Religion is the center of their lives, because that's all they've got to look forward to...worshipping, and the afterlife.

That said, it's their right to believe whatever they want to. If they attempt imposing their laws in this country, they'd have a very unpleasant surprise coming to them. The "danger" of Sharia law is way overblown.

They are demanding in England right now that their community operates under Sharia Law. It's not that they will attempt to take us over. It's extremists who believe they should drive all Westerners out of Muslim lands, and will attack us here and abroad if given the opportunity. We can't change them, but we should seek to protect ourselves from them. Or is it ok for 30 here, 300 there to be blown up or shot every so often? The mall attack in Kenya is an excellent example of what could be happening here without vigilance. Not to mention the Boston Marathon. We have enough problems with nutjobs killing kids as it is.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
They are demanding in England right now that their community operates under Sharia Law. It's not that they will attempt to take us over. It's extremists who believe they should drive all Westerners out of Muslim lands, and will attack us here and abroad if given the opportunity. We can't change them, but we should seek to protect ourselves from them. Or is it ok for 30 here, 300 there to be blown up or shot every so often? The mall attack in Kenya is an excellent example of what could be happening here without vigilance. Not to mention the Boston Marathon. We have enough problems with nutjobs killing kids as it is.

I agree that the hard-liners won't change. Please be aware that there is a huge difference between the vast majority of Muslims and the extremists. I have several Muslim friends, and know lots of them through work and outside activities. They have zero interest in imposing Sharia law here, and they shun their extremist friends who are hard-liners. They just want to be free to practice their religion, and are fine with our legal system. The extremists are the concern, just like extremists of any religion should be.

vantexan

I agree that the hard-liners won't change. Please be aware that there is a huge difference between the vast majority of Muslims and the extremists. I have several Muslim friends, and know lots of them through work and outside activities. They have zero interest in imposing Sharia law here, and they shun their extremist friends who are hard-liners. They just want to be free to practice their religion, and are fine with our legal system. The extremists are the concern, just like extremists of any religion should be.

Absolutely. But they are the exception in some Muslim countries which impose a strict, fundamentalist view of Islam on their citizens. It's out of those particular countries we are having the most problems with radicals.

Sniper

What is a "brother courier?" And while I'm here, didn't you say your wife had a triple-bypass operation? I would think with your BUSINESS. full-time job at Fedex, running for Mayor, providing $1 police protection, crossing guard, blood donor and all the other spectacular feats you accomplish ... you'd let the little lady at least go PART-TIME. What a man!!!

A "brother" or "sister" courier means one who puts on the same uniform I do does the same job I do. If you think that statement had ANY racial connotations you are seriously mistaken. He is white if that matters in the least, has more seniority and transferred in from FL about 10 years ago. He is ex military (Air Force) but I don't hold that against him.:happy-very: The point of the statement is the bill would have never been brought to the floor for a vote unless they had counted the votes first. If I recall my history it was voted on and passed on CHRISTmas eve. Seems like I read Mr. Hoffa is even against it but that doesn't affect me in the least.

We have to pass it to see what's in it.

Again we are all in this together.

Not mayor, sheriff. Never served as a crossing guard and haven't donated blood in years.

She has her own checkbook just like I do.

Business is good but I am over it. I was always in it for the collectables. Been there, done it, over it. I love the guns but not the gun BUSINESS. I can mark that one off my bucket list. Never turn your "hobby" into your job or it's not your hobby any more.

NonyaBiznes

Yanked Out My Purple-Blood I.V. In 2000!
I hate to get in political discussions, but can't keep my mouth shut on this one. While I am not "born again" or a bible thumper, I do have very strong beliefs. It bothers me how everytime a debate comes up about Christianity versus Islam, the first thing brought up is the violent history of Christianity. Yes, they were violent, and yes the Muslims were violent too! It was the TIMES! Not excusing it but that's how it was then. We are talking about NOW! The vast majority of killings in the name of God or Allah are done by Muslims. Islam is the most unaccepting religion on EARTH. Most of the world is trying to move forward and progress. And yet most Muslim countries are stuck in some kind of time warp. They may have fancy, new high rise buildings, but as far as religion goes, they are back in the dark ages.....especially where women are concerned.
You have the NERVE to speak on the DARK AGES concerning women? Are you serious? Have you kept up with the WAR ON WOMEN right here in the states. Yes, you need to HUSH on this one!

NonyaBiznes

Yanked Out My Purple-Blood I.V. In 2000!
Absolutely. But they are the exception in some Muslim countries which impose a strict, fundamentalist view of Islam on their citizens. It's out of those particular countries we are having the most problems with radicals.
Strict, fundamentalist views. Sounds like Ted Cruz.

vantexan

You have the NERVE to speak on the DARK AGES concerning women? Are you serious? Have you kept up with the WAR ON WOMEN right here in the states. Yes, you need to HUSH on this one!

Oh yeah, let's see, in fundamentalist Muslim countries, and not so fundamentalist, it varies, women must at least cover their head and neck, but many must be completely covered. In a number of countries women aren't allowed to drive, and they must be accompanied by a male relative when leaving the home. Under the Taliban in Afghanistan women weren't allowed to go to school. A war on women in the U.S.? Really?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Seriously!? War on women in this country?! I AM a woman, and while I realize life is not perfect here for us we have it much better HERE than women do in most countries in the world. You might want to travel outside the borders of your county, state, or even this country to see for yourself. I have, and witnessed it first hand. And as far as the hush comment, you might want to save that for your wife or children.

Sniper

Sniper says.................. SNL had it right.

When you don't have a leg to stand on (or a foot), make fun of them, mock them but in the end it is what it is. Hope you like the change. We are still all in this together, left or right, working or on the dole.

I STILL love my job most days. I will see you all Tuesday morning for stretch and flex.

Knob Creek machine gun shoot is this weekend. The truck drivers WILL "shut down" DC this weekend. Mt. Rogers horse camps are "taped" off because of the "shut down". These horse camps are really wide gravel parking lots, unattended, but the REDNECK in office see's fit to tape them off.

Before I hear one peep about the race card he is half white and that, Sir was a redneck move even for us hillbillies, we OWN these woods and have paid for them with our tax dollars.

So many things to do and I am off 5 days. That's why I have a good job and love my job most days. I will "show you" this LONG weekend and make a political statement to boot.

I am also waiting this weekend for MrFedex to bring his crane out to "liberate" me of my 2nd amendment rights. I forgot...I'm Danno's partner and a shill at that...lol.

Time is money and I am off the next 5 days. Bitch and moan all you want.

We Did Stop - SNL Highlight - YouTube

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Sniper says.................. SNL had it right.

When you don't have a leg to stand on (or a foot), make fun of them, mock them but in the end it is what it is. Hope you like the change. We are still all in this together, left or right, working or on the dole.

I STILL love my job most days. I will see you all Tuesday morning for stretch and flex.

Knob Creek machine gun shoot is this weekend. The truck drivers WILL "shut down" DC this weekend. Mt. Rogers horse camps are "taped" off because of the "shut down". These horse camps are really wide gravel parking lots, unattended, but the REDNECK in office see's fit to tape them off.

Before I hear one peep about the race card he is half white and that, Sir was a redneck move even for us hillbillies, we OWN these woods and have paid for them with our tax dollars.

So many things to do and I am off 5 days. That's why I have a good job and love my job most days. I will "show you" this LONG weekend and make a political statement to boot.

I am also waiting this weekend for MrFedex to bring his crane out to "liberate" me of my 2nd amendment rights. I forgot...I'm Danno's partner and a shill at that...lol.

Time is money and I am off the next 5 days. Bitch and moan all you want.

We Did Stop - SNL Highlight - YouTube

Sometimes I feel like you should provide subtitles for your random musings. Then we'd know what you're really trying to say, instead of a continuous line of country philosophy that sounds like it came from Tennessee Ernie Ford. Lots of Muslims down there, I'll bet.