Government shut DOWN

vantexan

Is this the FOX lead story? I'm sure the usual suspects have been exploiting this for all it is worth...sickening. How do you KNOW the White House was playing politics with the military families? Is it because FOX told you, or is it a simple fact of the shutdown? What really sickens me is how the Right pretends to be all about supporting the military, when the exact opposite is true in the case of supporting programs that would actually help Vets. The GOP considers them a "handout".

What possible reason could they possibly have not to pay grieving families of dead soldiers? Hmmm?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
What possible reason could they possibly have not to pay grieving families of dead soldiers? Hmmm?

No money, because the Congress shut down the pipeline. God forbid that the Republicans ever elect another President, which probably will never happen because of crap like the shutdown and debt ceiling BS. Most citizens recognize the GOP is to blame. They are willing to tank the economy based on principle and party dogma.

vantexan

No money, because the Congress shut down the pipeline. God forbid that the Republicans ever elect another President, which probably will never happen because of crap like the shutdown and debt ceiling BS. Most citizens recognize the GOP is to blame. They are willing to tank the economy based on principle and party dogma.

You need to keep up. They have the money for that, but refused to pay it because of the shutdown. You can try to minimize it but this has blown up and voters will remember.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You need to keep up. They have the money for that, but refused to pay it because of the shutdown. You can try to minimize it but this has blown up and voters will remember.

Yep, they'll remember that Republicans are obstructionist morons.

Last edited:

TUT

​You're a sad little man.

You don't think there are people in the military who don't crave war? No, you're right the largest part of the federal budget goes to military because they are totally against it. Republican's historically support and fuel dollars into that machine above democrats.

I love how they are sadden by death, but it's hard to argue against this not happening....

Atrocities
Made every day
Religiously

Their sins
They hide
Can never disguise
Blood stained hands
Blood stained times
Blood stained deeds
Blood stained lies

They wage their wars
Such profiteers
Will nail us all

Their crimes
Concealed
Despicably reveal

Blood stained hands
Blood stained times
Blood stained weapons
Blood stained lies

They fire at will
Intent to kill
They have no conscience
They have no conscience
Ethnic cleansing nothing more!
Blood of nations blood of war

Turn blind eyes
From all your crimes
You bare our souls
Show no remorse
You cannot wash
The bloodstains off

They turn their backs
While others
Commit grisly acts

We're scared
For life
By politicians' greedy

Blood stained hands
Blood stained times
Blood stained weapons
Blood stained crimes
Blood stained lands
Blood stained minds
Blood stained deeds
Blood stained lies

And while such predators
Stalk this earth
Disguised as saints
They kill our faith

Obsessed by greed
Lying through their teeth
They cannot wash
The blood stains off

vantexan

You don't think there are people in the military who don't crave war? No, you're right the largest part of the federal budget goes to military because they are totally against it. Republican's historically support and fuel dollars into that machine above democrats.

I love how they are sadden by death, but it's hard to argue against this not happening....

Atrocities
Made every day
Religiously

Their sins
They hide
Can never disguise
Blood stained hands
Blood stained times
Blood stained deeds
Blood stained lies

They wage their wars
Such profiteers
Will nail us all

Their crimes
Concealed
Despicably reveal

Blood stained hands
Blood stained times
Blood stained weapons
Blood stained lies

They fire at will
Intent to kill
They have no conscience
They have no conscience
Ethnic cleansing nothing more!
Blood of nations blood of war

Turn blind eyes
From all your crimes
You bare our souls
Show no remorse
You cannot wash
The bloodstains off

They turn their backs
While others
Commit grisly acts

We're scared
For life
By politicians' greedy

Blood stained hands
Blood stained times
Blood stained weapons
Blood stained crimes
Blood stained lands
Blood stained minds
Blood stained deeds
Blood stained lies

And while such predators
Stalk this earth
Disguised as saints
They kill our faith

Obsessed by greed
Lying through their teeth
They cannot wash
The blood stains off

No doubt there are military members who are in for the wrong reasons. And no doubt our gov't. has used them to advance the interests of major corporations. But to paint them all with the same broad brush is to be misinformed about the many professionals dedicated to protect this country. And have laid down their lives freeing and protecting the lives of citizens of other countries.

TUT

No doubt there are military members who are in for the wrong reasons. And no doubt our gov't. has used them to advance the interests of major corporations. But to paint them all with the same broad brush is to be misinformed about the many professionals dedicated to protect this country. And have laid down their lives freeing and protecting the lives of citizens of other countries.

I didn't paint the brush you say I did. But you did nail the scope I did mention. Some and Gov't. Unfortunately those are the one's in control to then send our sons and daughters out for "not clear enough reasons", perhaps you jumped the gun a bit with my words. Like only a sick evil person would be against our sons and daughters... and if they exist... they are in one of the two categories you mentioned.

I thought we had proper policy prior to WW2 and agreed with how we entered WW2. The point was, if we weren't being attacked or gravely threatened, we don't get involved. But since WW2 we act like Nazi's to a point... they went out and took what they think they needed to expand and thrive, seems we do some of that.We've become the Worlds Police and we never asked to be that from a citizens vote. Would be nice to go back to the "war at last resort policy", because citizens in general really believe in what they say about life and death and again the two groups of people you mention, speak the right things, but do quite the other.

vantexan

I didn't paint the brush you say I did. But you did nail the scope I did mention. Some and Gov't. Unfortunately those are the one's in control to then send our sons and daughters out for "not clear enough reasons", perhaps you jumped the gun a bit with my words. Like only a sick evil person would be against our sons and daughters... and if they exist... they are in one of the two categories you mentioned.

I thought we had proper policy prior to WW2 and agreed with how we entered WW2. The point was, if we weren't being attacked or gravely threatened, we don't get involved. But since WW2 we act like Nazi's to a point... they went out and took what they think they needed to expand and thrive, seems we do some of that.We've become the Worlds Police and we never asked to be that from a citizens vote. Would be nice to go back to the "war at last resort policy", because citizens in general really believe in what they say about life and death and again the two groups of people you mention, speak the right things, but do quite the other.

But we did get attacked, over and over, culminating in 9/11. It was time to clear out the Taliban which was harboring Bin Laden for years, providing safe haven for Al Qaeda leadership. One can certainly argue that Iraq was just a way to control that oil, but then again Hussein was I believe in violation of 17 U.N. resolutions. He had no one to blame but himself for our invasion. One could also argue that the wars drew in Al Qaeda fighters thus giving us a chance to reduce their numbers. But your poem seems to suggest that our soldiers are ruthless killers. If so then why did the locals in Iraq switch sides to fight with us against Al Qaeda? Because Al Qaeda truly was ruthless, killing many more Iraqis than we ever did. The Iraqis saw that we weren't there to force our beliefs on them, and they saw their future under Al Qaeda as pretty bleak. When we use our troops to advance corporate interests then we are wrong. But sometimes it's about taking the fight to our enemies to prevent future 9/11's. And our soldiers deserve our support for putting it all on the line so that we can be safe, and so little girls can go to school without being shot by fanatics.

TUT

But we did get attacked, over and over, culminating in 9/11.

Oh there was the time to revolt, I like to think we did that job and ended it many years now... but we still fight as if we're really going to clean up every single cell. We'll leave a trail of hatred as well... killing innocence. We start out as Hero Saving America, we end up with "These new guys are a bigger problem for us than the old guys".

vantexan

Oh there was the time to revolt, I like to think we did that job and ended it many years now... but we still fight as if we're really going to clean up every single cell. We'll leave a trail of hatred as well... killing innocence. We start out as Hero Saving America, we end up with "These new guys are a bigger problem for us than the old guys".

I'm all for getting out, it's an exercise in futility at this point. Even our "friends" in the region can't be trusted. Pakistan took our aid while harboring Bin Laden. We need to get energy independent and get out of the MidEast.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I'm all for getting out, it's an exercise in futility at this point. Even our "friends" in the region can't be trusted. Pakistan took our aid while harboring Bin Laden. We need to get energy independent and get out of the MidEast.

It is forecast that the US will be energy-independent by 2030, due to new deposit discoveries, and vastly improved extraction procedures. We will always be involved in the Middle East, because Israel is basically the 51st state and because the Muslim world is obsessed with their destruction. You're a good Christian. Doesn't the Bible say there will never be peace in that region?

vantexan

It is forecast that the US will be energy-independent by 2030, due to new deposit discoveries, and vastly improved extraction procedures. We will always be involved in the Middle East, because Israel is basically the 51st state and because the Muslim world is obsessed with their destruction. You're a good Christian. Doesn't the Bible say there will never be peace in that region?

The Bible says there will always be wars and rumors of wars. Actually the forecast is by 2020. Yes with Israel we will be involved. But we need to minimize the involvement.

Sniper

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...670938916638.382006.95356211637&type=1&ref=nf

Keep in mind how Senator Obama voted on the debit limit ceiling while W was in office.

Now the debt has almost doubled and what do we have to "show" for it? The POTUS is a VERY INTELLIGENT politician, divide and conquer. :wink2:

The planes are still flying and we are still driving. How much government could we really cut and not miss it? Spend away we will pay for it, or kids and grand kids will truly be the one's that suffer.

Bailey4

Really. you have your hero "W" to blame for the debt with 2 wars and he mortgage crisis which all happened in his term. We are just trying to dig out of his mess at this juncture. It's too bad that we have so many people like you need to see the country on its knees in order to believe we need to fund our debt and keep the government viable....because at that point it will be too late to save our way of life, flawed as it maybe. We have too many outside share holders in our country to take such risk. Maybe buying back the country is where we should start if you really crave reform. And as for all the christian banter...if your going to talk the talk ; then walk the walk. It is a Christian principle to help those less fortunate and if Jesus were here to day I doubt the words out of his mouth would be "you guys really screwed up with that food stamp idea to feed the poor". Just saying. There will always be people who try to exploit a good intention...like for instance the farm subsidies which are tied directly to the food stamp program. So we give money to many wealthy farmers under that umbrella (not all but many) while trying to feed those less fortunate. And as for Fred...I think he's just trying to score as much money as possible and pay us as little as possible while siphoning off our volume to ground where he can make more money. Really...when does he have enough. Heck, we are all different OPCO's ......maybe he will just rub us into the ground (literally) and bankrupt on Express when he is good and ready. Whatever his game...he clearly is interested in money not his employees.

Sniper

Debt has doubled in less than 5 years...no light at the end of the tunnel....GO for it. We are ALL past the point of no return. Enjoy my friends.