Government shut DOWN

Sniper

closedplot.jpg
closedplot.jpg

TUT

In 2008 during the presidential debate Obama and McCain. They both agreed Washington is corrupt and admitted their own parties were corrupt right in front of American's and life just went quietly on. What else is there to say? They both know it, admit it and no one even mentions it after the debate as an issue.

FedExRookie

I didn't watch the whole video but I do remember viewing the unedited version some time ago.

1. Obama's green job attempts was horrible and a great failure.
2. The reason the debt has increased so much under Obama is
A. 'Bush's wars' are still going on, although they are coming to an end.
B. Bush used an accounting trick to not put the war deficit against his numbers. Obama had this redone, so his budget took a big hit on account of Bush's spending.
C. Obama has done his fair share of contributing to the deficit, I'm not saying 'fixing' Bush's accounting methods account for all the bad debt Obama has incurred, because Obama has been pretty irresponsible himself.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
This Red-side article separates facts from opinions on this issue:
Fact: All spending bills must originate in the House of Representatives, which means that congressmen there have a right to decide whether they want to spend money on a particular government activity.
Fact: ObamaCare is indeed “the law of the land,” as its supporters keep saying, and the Supreme Court has upheld its constitutionality.
Fact: The Senate chose not to vote to authorize that money to be spent, because it did not include money for ObamaCare.

SOWELL: Who shut down the government? | Rare

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Here you go Ranger Rick, err I mean Sniper. You made me do it.....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Jd-iaYLO1A&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Nice underhanded move by the GOP. Problem is, most of their supporters aren't smart enough to understand it. Translation: The GOP changed the rules so only Mr. Boehner or his designee could introduce legislation to re-open the government. The rules were rigged so no reasonable Republican could step forward and try to end the government shutdown. Everyone is being held hostage by the Far Right element of the GOP.

So see, Sniper? Your beloved obstructionist Republicans kept the government shut-down.

Sniper

So see, Sniper? Your beloved obstructionist Republicans kept the government shut-down.

I haven't missed them in the least. I took a very nice 30 minute break at the taped off picnic table.

I'm sure they will cut a deal and all the government employees will get an extra two weeks paid vacation.

Government doing what it does best, waste our money. It will run out. That is the end game.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I haven't missed them in the least. I took a very nice 30 minute break at the taped off picnic table.

I'm sure they will cut a deal and all the government employees will get an extra two weeks paid vacation.

Government doing what it does best, waste our money. It will run out. That is the end game.

Was it a waste of money when you were a government employee? Last time I checked, the USMC was run by the government you hate so much. The end game is that we move forward, not backwards like the Republicans would like to do. No matter how hard you wish for it, we can't return to 1952.

Sniper

1952 now come on...I'm not that old yet. :wink2:

Moving forward one step, and two steps back.

I do not "hate" the government but there is a TON of waste in the government. We can eliminate spending by 25% (hiring freezes, attrition by retirements) and NEVER miss them.

If nothing else the last two weeks have made that crystal clear. The money will run out. We have just postponed the inevitable a little longer.

Is there any reason the local Sheriff's department budget is 16 million and they are requesting an additional 10 million in hopes to get 4 million? They have 52 on patrol, 26 sergeants, 14 lieutenants and this situation is NOT unique but wide spread. Local, state and federal.

They are spending it faster than they can literally print it. It won't be us paying for it but our children and grandchildren.

Any of you couriers that deliver to the national guard or reserves know what happens this time of year. If they don't use the money they have allocated they lose it next budget cycle. The unit in Gate City will have enough spare parts until 2028.

That's is why I donate my time and enjoy what I do on all my jobs. I'm just like the rest of us. Hoping for the best, planning for the worst. Time will tell, it always does.

Sniper

Can't we all just get along?

How did that end?

On August 23, 2012, King's autopsy results were released, stating he died of accidental drowning, and that alcohol, cocaine, marijuana and PCP found in his system were contributing factors. "The effects of the drugs and alcohol, combined with the subject's heart condition, probably precipitated a cardiac arrhythmia and the subject, thus incapacitated, was unable to save himself and drowned

Individual responsibility and accountability. It is what it is.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
How did that end?

On August 23, 2012, King's autopsy results were released, stating he died of accidental drowning, and that alcohol, cocaine, marijuana and PCP found in his system were contributing factors. "The effects of the drugs and alcohol, combined with the subject's heart condition, probably precipitated a cardiac arrhythmia and the subject, thus incapacitated, was unable to save himself and drowned

Individual responsibility and accountability. It is what it is.

Maybe the girlfriend saw dollar signs and helped a highly intoxicated Rodney take a midnight swim? "Individual responsibility and accountability" is standard Republican-speak, and is really meaningless when considering the complexities of modern life. This is another tip-off that types like yourself and vantexan want to return to an America which no longer exists. No government plots or community organizers involved...the world has just become highly interdependent and the importance and economic power of the US has thereby been diminished. Life itself has many added layers of complexity as well. You still think "we" (Americans) need to think the same way we did when Ike was President. That's the era you're stuck-in...50 years out of date. IT IS WHAT IT IS, and the mythical free market and Horatio Alger-like efforts aren't going to change that.

This isn't your father's Oldsmobile, and you can insist that your highly dated views are still relevant outside of your insular world there in rural Tennessee. They aren't, but that won't stop you from trying to return to 1952, when America was a "Christian Nation" (never), the minorities knew their place, and we would never have to suffer a Negro in the White House. No abortion, school prayer was OK, and separate but equal worked just fine.

Keep living that dream.