GROUND IS TAKING OVER EXPRESS

bbsam

Staff member
Greensboro is a test market and it failed

65FBB639-678A-4B33-8A32-AD7F9CA3861E.jpeg

btrlov

In a busy manhattan station , Veteran Couriers that use drop bulky stops out of laziness to the part timer so they can “make it”, are now begging for work. manager pulling stops from
guys that got daily ot .. its getting ugly and they finding it very hard to give these guys 35. fulltimers starting to fight over who gets the stop....any we havent been hit with last mile yet for our residential stops.

any fulltimer that wants to go home early gets immediately accommodated no questions asked. Even on the road.

im seeing new hires getting sent home
everyday right after the cans. idk y they were hired in the first place . Ups runs staffing shorter than plan outside peak all the time. Guess fedex express thought it was different

i cant tell if they are going all fulltimer heavy model or everyone part time model .

they should have pursued union instead of listen to some bs pep talk from
people that would sell u out for a bonus or dividend. These poor 60yr souls thought everything was smooth sailing ...now the company wants ur a zz out asap

yadig

It will be nice to be able to get a day off now n then. Been putting in tons of hours at my ramp. It seems like part time rtd’s aren’t sticking around. They get trained and it’s hasta lavista

It will be fine

I would guess it would have something to do with a decade plus of most express guys calling him scabs, bottom feeders, unprofessional, hurting their image, soon lose your investment because X will pull the plug, don’t own a business............etc.
This exactly. Even on road the Express drivers are a miserable lot. Most won’t even talk to you. UPS drivers are in general much nicer and more helpful.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
This exactly. Even on road the Express drivers are a miserable lot. Most won’t even talk to you. UPS drivers are in general much nicer and more helpful.
Maybe because Express couriers are tired of hearing complaints from customers about Ground’s poor service, unprofessionalism, bad hygiene etc. Think that might be it?

It will be fine

Maybe because Express couriers are tired of hearing complaints from customers about Ground’s poor service, unprofessionalism, bad hygiene etc. Think that might be it?
I don’t really care why they are miserable SOBs. I just know that in general they are and I take pleasure in knowing their organization is dissolving to my personal gain.

Working4the1%

Google FEDEX screwed up my DEL on YOUTUBE....%90 of time you see the GROUND truck pulling away. If I send a Personal package I will be sayin its a Business even if its a RESI. John Doe INC. Ground guys doing PEAK all year long for peanuts. ZAPMAIL 2020 here it comes

Cactus

I don’t really care why they are miserable SOBs. I just know that in general they are and I take pleasure in knowing their organization is dissolving to my personal gain.
Your customers still ain’t gonna look up to you any better. We’ll see how you handle the heat since you’ve barely stepped into the kitchen.

We’ll be watching.

Cactus

Google FEDEX screwed up my DEL on YOUTUBE....%90 of time you see the GROUND truck pulling away. If I send a Personal package I will be sayin its a Business even if its a RESI. John Doe INC. Ground guys doing PEAK all year long for peanuts. ZAPMAIL 2020 here it comes
Zapmail 2020. Ha! That’s freakin’ hilarious!

Looks like It Will Be Fine is gonna have much less time for video games and scratching his ass while laying on the couch all day. C’mon! Let’s go...chop, chop!

cosis

Good to hear I am not the only one hearing complaints of Ground drivers that smell bad.