GROUND IS TAKING OVER EXPRESS

dezguy

And yet he stays at Ground. Have you ever wondered why?
I assume he doesn't want to deal with management over at Express. Also, he's stated a few times that he has a side gig, which he makes decent money from.

I get it, when you're comfortable with where you're at, you're less likely to leave.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Talked to a express courier this morning. He knows a guy who has 6 res stops taking him 3 hrs a day. I know these r rural stops way out in boonies. Wouldn’t that cause your cost to go Up at ground?

Ugh, part of my old route was like that... I finally moved on to a better terminal, but get this... Same umbrella corporation! (Investor group)

They have to UP their compensation to compete in my region since Amazon and UPS offer better pay. So yeah, PTO, and bennies are offered

Yeah, I already have taken care of my own retirement plans, so that's ok

No micromanaging. They ALL know how I operate and get things done. Text me the route # & vehicle # is all I need the night before.

Some BCs are worse than others, but it'll take a whole lot of incompetent actions for me to just get FedUp & walk off without any notice, like I see every year

I have no beef with FXE, UPS, Amazon, USPS... even dhl (which I only see once every few weeks)

yadig

Ugh, part of my old route was like that... I finally moved on to a better terminal, but get this... Same umbrella corporation! (Investor group)

They have to UP their compensation to compete in my region since Amazon and UPS offer better pay. So yeah, PTO, and bennies are offered

Yeah, I already have taken care of my own retirement plans, so that's ok

No micromanaging. They ALL know how I operate and get things done. Text me the route # & vehicle # is all I need the night before.

Some BCs are worse than others, but it'll take a whole lot of incompetent actions for me to just get FedUp & walk off without any notice, like I see every year
Do u drive big truck?

bbsam

Staff member
I assume he doesn't want to deal with management over at Express. Also, he's stated a few times that he has a side gig, which he makes decent money from.

I get it, when you're comfortable with where you're at, you're less likely to leave.
I think he married well.

yadig

No. We’re probably out there anyway. And if it’s taking him 3 hours, well maybe this isn’t the job for him.
I was just curious. I never was a courier here at express. I worked at ramps as a handler, ramp agent, now rtd. Thought bout management for a minute but didn’t want to take the pay cut.

bbsam

Staff member
I was just curious. I never was a courier here at express. I worked at ramps as a handler, ramp agent, now rtd. Thought bout management for a minute but didn’t want to take the pay cut.
No problem. Just saying that we’re already in the boonies every day.

OrioN

Do u drive big truck?

I used to drive the 24-26' bulk straight truck to mostly businesses/ docks. Hard on the body & I went straight to residential deliveries only.

Once they got rid of the Home Delivery name, they still kept the operations in the terminals. So some are the Ground b2b/ business pickups & what I cover are mainly residential and resis pickups with a few Walgreens deliveries/pickups for their "hold at location" customers (24 hours, no commit times)

That's the thing with independent subcontractors. There's a few that'll work WITH YOU, not to set u up to fail, hence jeopardizing their own business/contracts.

yadig

I used to drive the 24-26' bulk straight truck to mostly businesses/ docks. Hard on the body & I went straight to residential deliveries only.

Once they got rid of the Home Delivery name, they still kept the operations in the terminals. So some are the Ground b2b/ business pickups & what I cover are mainly residential and resis pickups with a few Walgreens deliveries/pickups for their "hold at location" customers (24 hours, no commit times)

That's the thing with independent subcontractors. There's a few that'll work WITH YOU, not to set u up to fail, hence jeopardizing their own business/contracts.
Glad to hear it’s working for you. I’m starting to see it’s different from location to location. Just talked with a ground truck driver. He’s a new driver and was content with job. He’s getting 1 wk vacation and health insurance with blue cross/shield.

OrioN

With the hustle/bustle of NYC/northern joisey traffic, I bet they didn't know until they were at the destination, LoL