GROUND IS TAKING OVER EXPRESS

sadmanhere

YUP BOYS ground is going to take over express

all you ex hd and gd drivers that made it over to express party is over
prepare to crawl back home...we are waiting for you

MassWineGuy

Right. Except for all the Priority and standard overnights, and anything needing a signature. Still plenty for us, especially part timers, which is really where Express is headed.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
YUP BOYS ground is going to take over express

all you ex hd and gd drivers that made it over to express party is over
prepare to crawl back home...we are waiting for you
I hope you puke when you see how much extra work you're gonna have to do at Ground for no extra pay.

Have fun.

bacha29

I hope you puke when you see how much extra work you're gonna have to do at Ground for no extra pay.

Have fun.
That's why I tell them. If setting sail on the slave ship known as the USS Ground is the only place you have left to go then get completely out of that segment of the economy.

bacha29

just quit already, trump
I'm serious. Ground contractor employment is really nothing more than transitional employment. Just a job between jobs . Something to tide you over until the job you can really get into comes along. Not to mention the fact that the job is an absolute joint killer. And so there you are. Knees, hips, shoulders completely worn out and you have NO health insurance.

bbsam

Staff member
I'm serious. Ground contractor employment is really nothing more than transitional employment. Just a job between jobs . Something to tide you over until the job you can really get into comes along. Not to mention the fact that the job is an absolute joint killer. And so there you are. Knees, hips, shoulders completely worn out and you have NO health insurance.
It starts that way.

sadmanhere

IL take 30 dollars an hour and full benefits for 6 hours over a ground rt.
Have fun peak starting in September

your 30 dollar an hour days are coming to an end. so are your benefits, we ae going to take most of express work.... nothing but part timers will be left working at 40% less ...... I LOVE IT

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
@sadmanhere ,

Y the hate towards FXE?

Sure, you And select others are in an area where there are drivers that can stroll in and work for your companies so u don't mind the revolving door every peak

Each opco has their pros and cons; one just have to decide what works for them

Yeah, I'm glad I don't have a rural route anymore and getting done sooner than what I've been used to these days, enough that I can go on rescues (Amazon DSP term) on some drivers that have a longer day

Plus, if am Amazon builds a DSP terminal near me, I may go that route since it's hourly rate plus ot. I've seen their newer step vans and they're more like UPS ones (automated bulkhead, push start ignition, etc)

Some FXG subcontractors don't pay for the extra work with preload, pretrip, fueling up the vehicles, cleaning them, etc... and that's probably why they can't retain drivers and those drivers beat the vehicles like they stole it

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
your 30 dollar an hour days are coming to an end. so are your benefits, we ae going to take most of express work.... nothing but part timers will be left working at 40% less ...... I LOVE IT
No doubt you must have been turned down for a job at Express once upon a time.

FedGT

@sadmanhere ,

Y the hate towards FXE?

Sure, you And select others are in an area where there are drivers that can stroll in and work for your companies so u don't mind the revolving door every peak

Each opco has their pros and cons; one just have to decide what works for them

Yeah, I'm glad I don't have a rural route anymore and getting done sooner than what I've been used to these days, enough that I can go on rescues (Amazon DSP term) on some drivers that have a longer day

Plus, if am Amazon builds a DSP terminal near me, I may go that route since it's hourly rate plus ot. I've seen their newer step vans and they're more like UPS ones (automated bulkhead, push start ignition, etc)

Some FXG subcontractors don't pay for the extra work with preload, pretrip, fueling up the vehicles, cleaning them, etc... and that's probably why they can't retain drivers and those drivers beat the vehicles like they stole it

I would guess it would have something to do with a decade plus of most express guys calling him scabs, bottom feeders, unprofessional, hurting their image, soon lose your investment because X will pull the plug, don’t own a business............etc.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
I don't think he was in the game that long to make a statement like that. Even I see the pros of FXE... envelopes all.day.long. (j/k)

Serf

The funny thing is I hear management telling workgroups not to panic. We don’t know how it’s going to work, etc. But I say it HAS to work. Whatever the amount of time it takes. Because Fedex needs to generate profit. And reinvent itself.

bbsam

Staff member
The funny thing is I hear management telling workgroups not to panic. We don’t know how it’s going to work, etc. But I say it HAS to work. Whatever the amount of time it takes. Because Fedex needs to generate profit. And reinvent itself.
I would ask your management group this: How does Fedex walk back their announcement and continue business as usual? How do they explain that to Wall Street and at the next quarterly meeting?