Ground taking over

MAKAVELI

Express employees will still being doing what Express employees have always been doing.
The combined network means no longer separate networks. One will be employee of Federal Express Corp. the other an employee of Joe Blow inc. Sooner or later both drivers will be under one set of labor rules as they will be both under the same network. I guess we'll see how that plays out but at least the Teamsters and Congress knows what FedEx's game is.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
The combined network means no longer separate networks. One will be employee of Federal Express Corp. the other an employee of Joe Blow inc. Sooner or later both drivers will be under one set of labor rules as they will be both under the same network. I guess we'll see how that plays out but at least the Teamsters and Congress knows what FedEx's game is.
We're already employees of Federal Express Corp. Having one network or 2 networks of 7 networks doesn't change that.

anonymous23456

You think UPS will sit idle letting FedEx changing the game to its benefit? I don't understand it either but I'm sure FedEx management figured it all out already.

MAKAVELI

You think UPS will sit idle letting FedEx changing the game to its benefit? I don't understand it either but I'm sure FedEx management figured it all out already.
I think UPS and the Teamsters will definitely challenge the RLA status again. FedEx hasn't figured anything out. They are rolling the dice at the craps table.

59 Dano

And you are ignoring the fact that FedEx employees and contractor employees are both moving air and ground cargo.
No I'm not. Throwing a relative handful of ground packages to FedEx employees means nothing.

We can go into the minutiae of this again if you like, citing labor board rulings and such, but you have a habit of ignoring all of for the sake of specious arguments that can't be taken seriously.

MAKAVELI

No I'm not. Throwing a relative handful of ground packages to FedEx employees means nothing.

We can go into the minutiae of this again if you like, citing labor board rulings and such, but you have a habit of ignoring all of for the sake of specious arguments that can't be taken seriously.
There will no longer be any separation of the two. Express will be Ground and Ground will be Express. There is no ruling on keeping the RLA status with one integrated network. But I'm sure there will be sooner or later. Although it most likely won't be to the liking of FedEx.

It will be fine

There will no longer be any separation of the two. Express will be Ground and Ground will be Express. There is no ruling on keeping the RLA status with one integrated network. But I'm sure there will be sooner or later. Although it most likely won't be to the liking of FedEx.
What difference will it make? There won’t be many drivers working directly for FedEx. Who is going to challenge the classification, the teamsters? There won’t be enough potential members for it to be worth their time and resources.

59 Dano

There will no longer be any separation of the two.
Doesn't need to be.

There is no ruling on keeping the RLA status with one integrated network.
They don't rule on networks. They don't care how many networks there are.

They rule on whether the employees in question are principally serving an air carrier. This was already posted and discussed, sorry you missed it.

MAKAVELI

Doesn't need to be.

They don't rule on networks. They don't care how many networks there are.

They rule on whether the employees in question are principally serving an air carrier. This was already posted and discussed, sorry you missed it.
Federal Express Corp will be primarily a trucking company. Ttku son.....

MAKAVELI

What difference will it make? There won’t be many drivers working directly for FedEx. Who is going to challenge the classification, the teamsters? There won’t be enough potential members for it to be worth their time and resources.
So far how many stations out of 2000 have gone all contractor or majority?