Ground taking over

Lates

Go ask the Lates guy about that. He said his station kept most of their people when they moved into the new building with Ground.
We did keep more than planned but has to do with us not lining up exactly with the area ground services from our building. Wouldn’t surprise me if they move more contractors in to take those areas in the future.

bacha29

Doesn't need to be.

They don't rule on networks. They don't care how many networks there are.

They rule on whether the employees in question are principally serving an air carrier. This was already posted and discussed, sorry you missed it.
The question going forward will be whether or not the exemption should apply to workers serving the air carrier who are not the directly employed workers of the carrier

The RLA exemption was granted to Fat Freddy at a time when the workers serving his air operation were his own directly employed.

If the exemption is to continue to be granted to a company that has transformed itself into a cargo broker, the question then becomes how long will it be until other similarly structured operations will demand that the same exemption be afforded them?

The question will also become one of whether the worker is serving the air carrier or the third party that employs them?

Guitarman01

I don't see how they can keep express and ground drivers under the same roof with some express employees topped out making close to 30hr and 5 weeks of vacation vs a Guy possibly getting paid by the pkg. Makes no sense and it's sure to build animosity amongst the ground drivers.

Gone fishin

I don't see how they can keep express and ground drivers under the same roof with some express employees topped out making close to 30hr and 5 weeks of vacation vs a Guy possibly getting paid by the pkg. Makes no sense and it's sure to build animosity amongst the ground drivers.
Lot of ground drivers don’t even understand what’s happening. It’ll be fine

It will be fine

That’s how every Ground terminal is run now. The drivers all work for different companies with different compensation packages. A handful of drivers that work for FedEx won’t make any difference.

yadig

Go ask the Lates guy about that. He said his station kept most of their people when they moved into the new building with Ground.
The employees from Clarksville and cookeville
No I'm not. Throwing a relative handful of ground packages to FedEx employees means nothing.

We can go into the minutiae of this again if you like, citing labor board rulings and such, but you have a habit of ignoring all of for the sake of specious arguments that can't be taken seriously.
ask the employees in cookeville and Clarksville, Tn bout that.

BoxDriver

Maybe because many of those ground drivers are making pretty much the same amount per day as the topped out express guys, but are done by 2-3pm every day? Yeah, most if any get 5 weeks vacation, and many have almost zero benefits, but many of the mostly residential delivery ground guys are in that position, and KNOW it’s just a short term job, not a lifetime career.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Federal Express Corp will be primarily a trucking company. Ttku son.....
You mean that FDX reducing their inventory of trucks makes it more of a trucking company and less of an airline?

Most of the arguments you make in regards to the RLA have already been argued and decided, while the rest are just silly and don't make any sense. With all the information about the RLA that's out there, you still argue over it like someone who just learned about it last night.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
The same way they have an Express guy who gets 5 weeks of vacation and making $29.02 working right next to another Express guy with 1 week of vacation and making $18.71.

zeev

They will get rid of the legacy Express drivers and replace them with the contractors hacks. RLA won’t matter because they don’t work for FedEx.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
They will get rid of the legacy Express drivers and replace them with the contractors hacks. RLA won’t matter because they don’t work for FedEx.
IMG_4518.gif

Guitarman01

Speaking of legacy Fred's made his money. His legacy is FedEx. I'm thinking a man like that isn't about to sell out before he takes the long dirt nap. In his later years his legacy is probably More important than anything to him. I could equate it to a sports team and im guessing he's willing to throw money at the problem to go out on top. I think you'll all be surprised.