Ground taking over

Lates

Idk I'm kind of thinking not. I assume things will go by seniority if it came to any layoffs.
It is by seniority but if your station switched to ground you would have to hope you have enough seniority to make the cut, transfer, or apply to work for a ground contractor.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Speaking of legacy Fred's made his money. His legacy is FedEx. I'm thinking a man like that isn't about to sell out before he takes the long dirt nap. In his later years his legacy is probably More important than anything to him. I could equate it to a sports team and im guessing he's willing to throw money at the problem to go out on top. I think you'll all be surprised.
Fred turned the reigns over to Raj, knowing what was to come. Appreciate the sports analogy, but no.

Guitarman01

Fred turned the reigns over to Raj, knowing what was to come. Appreciate the sports analogy, but no.
Fred is executive chairman of FedEx. He hasn't exactly left, just a little bit less of the grind I imagine that comes with being CEO. Do you think Jeff Bezos isnt running Amazon anymore? He has the same exact title.

bacha29

Fred is executive chairman of FedEx. He hasn't exactly left, just a little bit less of the grind I imagine that comes with being CEO. Do you think Jeff Bezos isnt running Amazon anymore? He has the same exact title.
The combination of shares he holds and those of his holding company make Fat Freddy/Prime Weasel the company's largest shareholder.

bacha29

According to Marketscreener.com Frederick Smith and Frederick Smith Enterprises own 7.76% of all shares. That's makes him the largest assuming all of his shares are voting shares. If so it would be a slightly larger number that what The Vanguard Group holds.

Now show me what you've got.

Gone fishin

Tentative agreement reached , 49 an hour after next 5 years. Ground drivers should feel stupid , I’m express and feel stupid , but you guys do the same work as UPS. Plus top benefits

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Tentative agreement reached , 49 an hour after next 5 years. Ground drivers should feel stupid , I’m express and feel stupid , but you guys do the same work as UPS. Plus top benefits
Ground drivers are stupid to work for idiots that don’t have to pay them a decent wage.

bacha29

And now burdened down with air box on top of what could be a mass exodus of contractor employed drivers who simply refuse to continue to accept a pay disparity that now gets even bigger.

dezguy

Meanwhile, we have guys at my station who won't sign a union card because "we don't need a union."

In 5 years UPS drivers will be making almost $50 an hour and our top out will still be in the low 30s.

SMH