Ground taking over

bacha29

I use to agree with you and then express started hiring a šŸ’© ton of dispatchers and truck drivers. Somethingā€™s just not adding up is all Iā€™m saying. Donā€™t forget the irs is going after the contractor models and reclassifying a lot of ā€œcontractā€ employees to company employees. I donā€™t know if youā€™ve noticed but the government is in bad need of some tax money!
A multi state decades long class action law suit over the question of contractor or employee was settled way back in 2016 when Fat Freddy walked into the courtroom and dumped 600 million dollars on the table and said...."what are they now"? The judge was tired of all of it and the lawyer for the plaintiff almost had an ejaculation in his pants when he saw that he was going to get 180 million of that pile of cash.

The result was that Fat Freddy could walk away with no admission of guilt or liability and the plaintiffs agreed to make no claims regarding anything that happened prior to the date of the settlement.

zeev

Fat Freddy loves that contractor model southern trucking companies have used it for years, shortage of truckers shifted the model back to employees but the small truck situation with endless drivers is perfect for the Ground model.

MAKAVELI

Truck drivers and dispatchers are needed for a trucking company. Final mile with contractors has been in the works, for over a year, I figure they will reduce the work gradually calling couriers displaced employees not laying them off and avoiding unemployment benefits.
At least here in CA displaced and layoff is essentially the same. You'd receive unemployment benefits either way.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Like I said semantics. You can call it whatever you want, doesn't change the reality of the changes. Ground isn't contracting anything. FedEx chose Express to take over all Ground ops for those two states. It isn't that complicated.
LOL, THIS coming from a guy whose entire RLA argument is not only semantics, but weak semantics.

59 Dano

It's pretty rich to hear Raj admit what they're doing and then have the minions like Dano and Express management play their little game of "Hide The Salami". We all know where it is, and who's getting the shaft, but according to them, none of it is actually happening, even though the CEO comes right out and states that the two companies are being combined.
ROTFLMAO. We've been talking about how Network 2.0 would be implemented ever since it was announced LAST YEAR. Nice of you to drop in and say we're denying that it exists.

59 Dano

From Heather Cox Richardsonā€™s nightly ā€œLetter to Americaā€ or a local channel. I apologize if Iā€™m being condescending. I genuinely feel sad for people who gorge themselves on right wing news, many of whom are dearly loved family and friends. If you step away from it, youā€™ll find no one else in the real world is worried about the ā€œcrisesā€ they talk about every night because 90% of them arenā€™t real.

I like how the side that told us all day every day for nearly 2 years that the 2016 election was rigged by Russia and stolen from HRC is taking issue with right wing media.

59 Dano

I respectfully disagree. How do you subcontract a package to yourself? It absolutely is semantics and your comment that they have "waited for the correct political climate" says it all. Ground is not a third party considering it is one of the FDX opcos. Maybe they're pretending that it is (a third party) but that's simply not the case. This all hinges on FDX building a political support mechanism for the illegal actions they are taking.
Here's how it works. Express picks up a package and contracts it to BBSAM INC for delivery. It's that simple.

The real issue remains the RLA, and I'm still failing to understand how FDX gets to keep Express under the RLA when the way it moves packages has fundamentally changed. Express is no longer an airline in terms of the RLA definition of such. Yes, there is an airline component of Express, but you cannot call the new hybrid Ground/Express model an airline with a straight face, which is exactly what they're trying to do.

You keep interjecting all these terms and conditions that don't mean anything in a desperate attempt to un-RLA Express. Wouldn't it be easier to research the issue and argue this from a position of education and knowledge instead of rolling in and making it up as you go along?

59 Dano

Keeping your employees and getting rid of the middleman
ROTFLMAO, this line of thought is just stupidity. Pure stupidity.

Why not do EVERYTHING in house? Why not start up an auto plant to make their own vehicles??? Why not hire employees do do all the landscaping and housekeeping?

59 Dano

I canā€™t wait to hear Danoā€™s response. Iā€™m sure heā€™ll have a titans or derick Henry scenario included. Heā€™s brain washed beyond any help.
Well, it's like this. Lots of you guys are struggling terribly to understand the issue. I figured I'd post actual relevant civil and administrative decisions in order to illustrate the issue and how it's applied/interpreted and so forth. The decisions were written in plain English and yet it still went over your head.

I'm trying to dumb it down to your level with other analogies but that may not be possible.

yadig

Well, it's like this. Lots of you guys are struggling terribly to understand the issue. I figured I'd post actual relevant civil and administrative decisions in order to illustrate the issue and how it's applied/interpreted and so forth. The decisions were written in plain English and yet it still went over your head.

I'm trying to dumb it down to your level with other analogies but that may not be possible.
You just ramble on and on and say nothing. You never answer any questions when youā€™re asked. You would make a great White House press secretary! šŸ˜‚

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Here's how it works. Express picks up a package and contracts it to BBSAM INC for delivery. It's that simple.

You keep interjecting all these terms and conditions that don't mean anything in a desperate attempt to un-RLA Express. Wouldn't it be easier to research the issue and argue this from a position of education and knowledge instead of rolling in and making it up as you go along?
Al semantics, smoke, and mirrors. BBSAM INC. isn't a third party when he has a fleet of trucks that say "FedEx" and operates under the strict guidelines of FDX Corp. He is, in fact, a defacto employee, as are his drivers. FedEx Ground is not a Third Party, but one of the FDX opcos.

It's that simple.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I like how the side that told us all day every day for nearly 2 years that the 2016 election was rigged by Russia and stolen from HRC is taking issue with right wing media.
Whenever you post, I always remind myself that you still believe Trump is president, that the election was stolen, and that he isn't a liar and con man of epic proportions. I think you've decided to pattern both your life and your approach to business after your Orange Hero. Trump would agree with everything that's happening at Grexpress right now.

Two of a kind.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

No, here's what's happening. You're struggling terribly to pretend that there is no issue and hoping mightily that the precious RLA is not in peril. All of those civil and administrative decisions are based on the former structure of Express, not the current animal.
To use the animal analogy, the former FedEx Express was a weasel. Now, the weasel has mated with a snake, and the resultant creature is nothing like the original weasel and behaves and conducts it's life in a completely different manner.

Therefore, the original decisions are now invalid and must be reinterpreted as an entirely different animal. Oh, and don't forget that any and all decisions governing and pertaining to the original weasel were influenced by heavy infusions of political donations and legislative favoritism.

purpder

No, here's what's happening. You're struggling terribly to pretend that there is no issue and hoping mightily that the precious RLA is not in peril. All of those civil and administrative decisions are based on the former structure of Express, not the current animal.
To use the animal analogy, the former FedEx Express was a weasel. Now, the weasel has mated with a snake, and the resultant creature is nothing like the original weasel and behaves and conducts it's life in a completely different manner.

Therefore, the original decisions are now invalid and must be reinterpreted as an entirely different animal. Oh, and don't forget that any and all decisions governing and pertaining to the original weasel were influenced by heavy infusions of political donations and legislative favoritism.
So how can we stop this evil plan?

59 Dano

Al semantics, smoke, and mirrors. BBSAM INC. isn't a third party when he has a fleet of trucks that say "FedEx" and operates under the strict guidelines of FDX Corp. He is, in fact, a defacto employee, as are his drivers. FedEx Ground is not a Third Party, but one of the FDX opcos.

It's that simple.
The court system says otherwise.

59 Dano

You just keep making up stuff that has no basis in reality, which is why you keep being asked to cite something and never can.

59 Dano

You just ramble on and on and say nothing. You never answer any questions when youā€™re asked. You would make a great White House press secretary! šŸ˜‚
I give you the legal facts of the issue and you just get more confused.