Half Empty? NFL

rickyb

it is about respect, these are people who are willing to give up their life, you respect that by standing for the anthem. You want to protest do it another way
no no, the anthem is about your country and thats it.

kapernick is apparently willing to sacrifice too for something bigger than himself which is police brutality and race relations.

one of these days im gonna make a video of me either pissing on my flag or burning it. my country has deeply betrayed us.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
What isn't helping is that a lot of white Americans are not respecting these players freedom of speech rights. Most of these players come from poor urban and rural backgrounds which which has shaved their own personal views. White America just needs to get used to it cuz it ain't going away anytime soon.
Sorry
I beg to differ......
It is not just a "White" American thing...it is a mindset of the people thing.
When someone complains that you’re “forcing your morality,” he’s really just upset that you’ve resisted his attempts to force his way of thinking on you. “Don’t force your morality,” translated into traditional English, means “lie down, shut up, and let me stomp you into dust.” If you let out a peep of protest while he presses his boot onto your neck, he’ll cry that you’re persecuting him, and then he’ll press harder. If you dodge his punches while he swings for your face, he’ll whine that you’ve enslaved him under a theocracy, and then he’ll swing faster.
What is wrong with this picture?

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge

kapernick is apparently willing to sacrifice too for something bigger than himself which is police brutality and race relations.

one of these days im gonna make a video of me either pissing on my flag or burning it. my country has deeply betrayed us.
people died for that flag, kap makes millions of dollars tossing a football around, pat tillman died for that flag, by giving up football

Jkloc420

the take a knee players wont win on this one

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
the take a knee people wont win on this, we see a bunch of people making millions of dollars has wrong
People don't want to have the discussion about police brutality or systemic racism at all, doesn't matter who brings it up or how, people get defensive and just want to shut it down.

They especially don't want to have the conversation during a sporting event that is supposed to be lighthearted fun entertainment.

I will say though, if people stop watching because of something as trivial and passive as kneeling during the anthem, they probably didn't actually like the game all that much in the first place.

Jkloc420

People don't want to have the discussion about police brutality or systemic racism at all, doesn't matter who brings it up or how, people get defensive and just want to shut it down.

They especially don't want to have the conversation during a sporting event that is supposed to be lighthearted fun entertainment.

I will say though, if people stop watching because of something as trivial and passive as kneeling during the anthem, they probably didn't actually like the game all that much in the first place.
here is the problem with blm in my opinion, they protest all police shooting regardless the situation. White people arent going to care or protest. Were not going to protest if a career loser white criminal gets cut down by cops, why would we do it with black criminals. I am glad when these idiots get offed, community becomes safer

Jkloc420

the knee is overblown, your right about that. However people view it has disrespectful and the nfl players wont win on it. A soliders life and death are more important