Half hour breaks?

JJinVA

Not to be mean but your on the wrong side here, no union no stewards.
I'll be nice and give you a hand however.

@IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U, you're a nice guy, we got one of your young knuckleheads that needs to be herded into your corral.
He's talking unions and stewards and the like stuff, things the purple side don't understand.:lol::thumbup1:. I was being sarcastic in my mean way being the nice guy I am.
Please take care of him before I turn him over to a mean guy like
@burrheadd, be easy on him... he seems nice enough. Maybe @Future can get the guy some kibble and
bits or meow mix.

There ya go kid, I hope I was of service to you.

Im not following any of that. Not sure what to make of it or sure if I care or not but cool post bro

zeev

The reason for 60 minute breaks is simple cuts overtime at the end of the day, saw memo on managers ‘s desk a long time ago.

Working4the1%

The reason for 60 minute breaks is simple cuts overtime at the end of the day, saw memo on managers ‘s desk a long time ago.
So when I breakoff to do SO business stops because I took a hour break and cant finish them before commit time..but could have finished if I took a half hour...hour break 9-10 hour day..half hour 8-9 hour day

McFeely

Huge Member
So when I breakoff to do SO business stops because I took a hour break and cant finish them before commit time..but could have finished if I took a half hour...hour break 9-10 hour day..half hour 8-9 hour day.

Just like Dano mentioned:

I understand the reasoning behind requiring 60 minutes, though it doesn't work out that way as much as hoped.

I had a route that had all 3 P1 commit times. In order to squeeze an hour break in, that meant I could no longer mix P1/P2 in the 16:30 area to make service. Usually extended my on-road by about 45 min a day and pushed me too close to our CTV pull time.

I haven’t had an hour break in at least 5 years, even though I’m not doing that route any longer.

zeev

You cram 100 stops into 8 hours a 30 min. Break 30 min. Overtime 1 hour break 0 overtime. What matters is how much you pay service level is unimportant example it will soon be all Ground anyway.

CatMan

You cram 100 stops into 8 hours a 30 min. Break 30 min. Overtime 1 hour break 0 overtime. What matters is how much you pay service level is unimportant example it will soon be all Ground anyway.
I think your right about that. Maybe 60-70% will shift to ground once they have the trucks and staffing.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
How in the world does it cut OT? If it takes you 8 hours to do 100 stops, it takes 8 hours.....whether you take 30 or 60 minutes.
That would be correct only if you didn’t have to break off your mixed to make a particular service (del/pup). That drags inefficiency into the equation. Straight lining is efficient if service isn’t a consideration.