hall: This Should Be Our Best Contract Ever.....HANDS DOWN!!!

gotbrown

Re: Concessions with record profits?????? are u serious hoffa and Hall?

I would agree tell your locals you will vote no unless you get details on health coverage to compare and make a informed decision..Demand not to be lumped in to central states plan, if thats the only hang up. Then if $$$ is the hang up let them know you want to strike for $1 more an hour..
We all don't have to agree what everyone wants but make your voice heard.. I for one will wait for all the details but as for what I can see we could have done worse.. Gotta see the details.

A

anonymous6

i've seen the details. i'm sorry guys and girls.........i'm disappointed. Inflation and healthcare is gonna kill us.

i'm voting no and telling my local that Hall can do better.

Justaname

He's a legend with the drivers but how about the part-timers?
Pters starting pay has went up, so no complaints from me. It's sounds like this contract will be good for teamsters and big brown. Help us stay competitive with FedEx and all the smaller deliver businesses. As a pter you should either want to go full time or work another job for income.

He's a legend with the drivers but how about the part-timers?
In my local I was a legendary part-timer. I have a repore with my part timers but we are at different sides of the fence. Partimers with a lot of senority love me. The new generation of partimers who have 37 no call no shows and 71 lates don't want to hear what I have to say. As far as bug I know he is royalty in his local but I only speak of what I know.

balland chain

You consider $4 over five years a 'slight' raise ?
You need to get your head out of the sand and talk to some friends and neighbors
That raise does not help me pay all the medical bills Central states will not pay,, And since this company makes Billions, a 1.7% raise, yeah it is a slight raise...And since we get the lowest amount in pension payments, I am sure we down south are screwed out of any chance of being brought up to the national average for UPSers...Work 30 years down here, you get 3K, work 30 years in VA you get in the area of 4500....My head is not in the sand...I see your in MA. and from some postings YOUR insurance is quite good.. If we did not have horrible insurance, with copays and deductibles , and CS denying claims.. well I could be happy with the proposed wage increases, however, when we are using our money to pay bills that CS wont pay, then yeah it is a slight raise.. Walk in my shoes brother...then judge.

Pters starting pay has went up, so no complaints from me. It's sounds like this contract will be good for teamsters and big brown. Help us stay competitive with FedEx and all the smaller deliver businesses. As a pter you should either want to go full time or work another job for income.
This is a great post. Everyone look at this. This is commen sense. TDU would love to run UPS into the ground. TDU = HATE. Don't fall for the rhetoric. We should all share in the successes of ups. Full time is a career and partime is a stepping STONE. Move up. I'm sorry you have to wait longer in different areas but we all do. In the reality of the real world we enjoy wages & benifits that the majority of the country don't enjoy. We shouldn't feel bad for this but commen sense should take over. We ALL should want this company to make 15billion in profit because it will ensure we all stay solvent and OUR lively hood stays MORE than intact.

IzzyTheNose

What are you talking about? Less money? I get to keep my gold plan medical in RI (which is amazing btw), a dollar a year in pension and health, $3.90 in raises. $32.26 an hour now and going to $36.16. In overtime that's $48.39 an hour to $54.24. Pension and health contributions are at $17.46 and will go to $22.46. So my first 40 hours I'll go from $49.73 per hour in compensation to $58.62. I will be getting free health, pension and a wage to bring me 100k a year. Name me 1 single person that will be making less than they do now? Why are you being one dimensional? I saw the "communist paper" say thing like "same as last contract". It's not the same, it's in addition to what you already have!

If we were all making a HUNDRED friend'ing grand a year, no one would be complaining.

UPS is making more money now than the last contract. Why should we settle for roughly the same offer as the last contract? Our production has driven profits. They rewarded their CEO, CFO and COO because of it. Why aren't we seeing raises that are at the very least, more than what was offered when the company was making less money?

I don't understand what about this is so complex to understand? It's a lateral offer at best, in comparison to the last one, and comical at worst. And we'll look like idiots if we sign it.

UPS is headed for an 8th straight year of profits in the BILLIONS, yet you want every one not making a HUNDRED GRAND to eat up the table scraps and lick the plate like they just had a 7 course meal at a 5 star restaurant? You're being taken advantage of, and loving every second of it. What's worse? You want us all to follow suit.

Don't yammer on about anyone else being "one dimensional". You're being thick. And you contributing to that "hall is the G.O.A.T." thread like we made out like bandits only makes you look like a colossal fool.

If this proposal is signed, UPS got off cheaply, and our Union didn't take advantage of all our bargaining power. Make no mistake about that. And I shudder to think of what sort of "tentative agreement" the Union puts up for ratification when/if this company isn't turning a profit year after year.

If we were all making a HUNDRED friend'ing grand a year, no one would be complaining.

UPS is making more money now than the last contract. Why should we settle for roughly the same offer as the last contract? Our production has driven profits. They rewarded their CEO, CFO and COO because of it. Why aren't we seeing raises that are at the very least, more than what was offered when the company was making less money?

I don't understand what about this is so complex to understand? It's a lateral offer at best, in comparison to the last one, and comical at worst. And we'll look like idiots if we sign it.

UPS is headed for an 8th straight year of profits in the BILLIONS, yet you want every one not making a HUNDRED GRAND to eat up the table scraps and lick the plate like they just had a 7 course meal at a 5 star restaurant? You're being taken advantage of, and loving every second of it. What's worse? You want us all to follow suit.

Don't yammer on about anyone else being "one dimensional". You're being thick. And you contributing to that "hall is the G.O.A.T." thread like we made out like bandits only makes you look like a colossal fool.

If this proposal is signed, UPS got off cheaply, and our Union didn't take advantage of all our bargaining power. Make no mistake about that. And I shudder to think of what sort of "tentative agreement" the Union puts up for ratification when/if this company isn't turning a profit year after year.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream

1110dif.gif

Bug, where did you find that man?! That is awesome! In fact I plan on using it plenty from now on!

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
You know...most people read their insurance books and make phone calls to figure out stuff like in network doctors and stuff. Plus the more likely scenario is going on your local union plan. The amount of headache involved with converting and expanding central states is unlogical plus it goes against standards and maintenance. Let's wait until it's fleshed out before we start chewing on the soles of our feet.

rudy5150

Good job hall and hoffa dividing the part timers and full timers even more! Part time poverty gets even worse ....now part timers have to pay more towards co pays and deductables. Way to screw over the current part time crew as well. All this after record profits!!!! SOLD OUT AGAIN!!!

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"

Health expenditures in the United States neared $2.6 trillion in 2010, over ten times the $256 billion spent in 1980.[1] The rate of growth in recent years has slowed relative to the late 1990s and early 2000s, but is still expected to grow faster than national income over the foreseeable future.[2] Addressing this growing burden continues to be a major policy priority. Furthermore, the United States has been in a recession for much of the past decade, resulting in higher unemployment and lower incomes for many Americans. These conditions have put even more attention on health spending and affordability. [1]
Since 2002, employer-sponsored health coverage for family premiums have increased by 97%, placing increasing cost burdens on employers and workers. [3] In the public sector, Medicare covers the elderly and people with disabilities, and Medicaid provides coverage to low-income families. Enrollment has grown in Medicare with the aging of the baby boomers and in Medicaid due to the recession.[1], [4] This means that total government spending has increased considerably, straining federal and state budgets. In total, health spending accounted for 17.9% of the nation’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) in 2010. [5]

Health care cost up 97% since '92 and from what I hear you are not out of your pay check anything but maybe some extra $$ in copays. My full time job for family coverage ( I work for company with 300 employees) would be $790.00 per month out of pocket and less of a plan I might add. So let get real here and as Kid said talk to our friends and neighbors.As for Pt'ers WTF it is a part time job with excellant benefits what do you want a winning lottery ticket ?

rudy5150

sounds like they can use technology to fire drivers now and vague harassment wording.....woohoooooo ! Have fun full timers!!