Box Ox

that's basically what I did today, & then they asked me to update my ETA.

Don't even worry about that :censored2:. They can see what you've got left. If you're on a cover route you don't know, just give 'em an ETA of 13 hours and 59 minutes after your start time. Let them sort it out when they look at their stupid computer.

JL 0513

WTF! This sounds like Obama. Lots of fancy words. But, no substance.

What are you having trouble with? Someone said it wasn't about time. I'm simply pointing out it's all about time.

It's primarily why Orion is flawed in the real world because ETA's aren't met. Not the driver's fault, it's just that the numbers are phoney.

How do explain that Orion thinks you can do 30 stops during your air run before 10:30 when your first stop is at 9:30?

Box Ox

Not the driver's fault, it's just that the numbers are phoney.

The expected first stop time is always, always stupid as hell. Same usually goes for time between most stops in the air run. Most drivers at my center don't actually look at that.

ManInBrown

Be back when Orion says LMAO

Tell them I’ll be back when I safely complete all deliveries, safely complete all pickups, and safely drive back to the building. friend them

JL 0513

The expected first stop time is always, always stupid as hell. Same usually goes for time between most stops in the air run. Most drivers at my center don't actually look at that.

First stop ETA is usually about 5 minutes after start time in my building. We're not even in our PC's yet. Then there's that 15 minute ride to first stop.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
A few customers, who have signed up for mychoice, have told me they can get an estimated delivery time window via email or maybe text alerts. I assume that those estimated windows must be generated from Orion delivery times.
It's generated from the historical time you are in that area. Nothing to do with ORION

Turdferguson

Just a turd
What are you having trouble with? Someone said it wasn't about time. I'm simply pointing out it's all about time.

It's primarily why Orion is flawed in the real world because ETA's aren't met. Not the driver's fault, it's just that the numbers are phoney.

How do explain that Orion thinks you can do 30 stops during your air run before 10:30 when your first stop is at 9:30?
Because it has nothing to do with time. Orion deals with most efficient way to run your route based on miles. Orion adds time doesn’t subtract time from your day

UnconTROLLed

perfection
without much detail (from the OP, as the post said), it's hard to say whether or not it's management trying to push people or if there was another reason for wanting to know ETA. As a vehicle positioner, and working with the local sort ("metro), there are times we will ask OMS to send messages to drivers - park in so-and-so spot, what's the ETA for so-and-so driver, etc. These would be a few examples of not brow-beating or harassment, but valid reasons.

ManInBrown

without much detail (from the OP, as the post said), it's hard to say whether or not it's management trying to push people or if there was another reason for wanting to know ETA. As a vehicle positioner, and working with the local sort ("metro), there are times we will ask OMS to send messages to drivers - park in so-and-so spot, what's the ETA for so-and-so driver, etc. These would be a few examples of not brow-beating or harassment, but valid reasons.
Trust me, it’s harrassment. They don’t care about informing the driver of what spot to park in. Gimme a break

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
First stop ETA is usually about 5 minutes after start time in my building. We're not even in our PC's yet. Then there's that 15 minute ride to first stop.

That's cute. What about the route I once had that had a two hour ride to my first stop?

Delivery!!!

If Orion is all about time, how do you explain it having me do a 5 o'clock drop box before a pickup with a close time of 5.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Trust me, it’s harrassment. They don’t care about informing the driver of what spot to park in. Gimme a break
I am not saying it isn't harassment, but there are plenty of other reasons for wanting to know ETA.

For example, one of our centers had at least 15 or 20 drivers out past 8pm today. The local sort needs to know a few ETA's, especially commercial routes.

op: "ETA, I'll be back to the building between 6 and 10"

Last edited:

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
You in Montana or something? Furthest route in my center is under 20 minutes. 2 hours in my area is like 20 centers.

Not all that far from you.

The route was basically just the business district of a town 100 miles from the center. Maybe 35-40 stops a day.

JL 0513

If Orion is all about time, how do you explain it having me do a 5 o'clock drop box before a pickup with a close time of 5.

I said repeatedly that the times aren't accurate. Still, Orion is based on time, but has wrong info plugged into it. The biggest problem is inaccurate time studies. The design is intended on weaving all your commits on time, businesses/business savers on time, and your pickup schedule somewhat on schedule. That's the intended algorithm, but it's not working out too well. It can't be just about miles for this reason.