542thruNthru

Because it has nothing to do with time. Orion deals with most efficient way to run your route based on miles. Orion adds time doesn’t subtract time from your day

Holy crap you know nothing about Orion.

Do you need orion to find your computer?Shut up and get back behind your counter turd! ;)
348s.jpg

JL 0513

Because it has nothing to do with time. Orion deals with most efficient way to run your route based on miles. Orion adds time doesn’t subtract time from your day

You're misunderstanding me. I know Orion adds time to one's day. That's not the time I'm talking about. I'm saying Orion is programmed around time inputs.

ManInBrown

Orion is garbage. If you have a bulk delivery of 45 boxes you need to hand truck in thru a business front door, Orion will say it should take you 2 minutes. No driver should ever look at that screen to determine RTB time.

The Driver

I drive.
I'll just tell then when I think I'll be back. No big deal. If they're pissed about it they're pissed about it. Not my problem. I'm the one doing the job.

The Driver

I drive.
To back up JL 0513, ORION is actually a space/time algorithmic solution based only the factors that are input into the equation. Obviously huge flaws because not all factors can be accounted for and input into the system. So it actually is a time based system. If you look closely on the software it will tell you what time you're supposed to be at each stop. Of course it's nonsense to assume you will be there at that time on any given day.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
To back up JL 0513, ORION is actually a space/time algorithmic solution based only the factors that are input into the equation. Obviously huge flaws because not all factors can be accounted for and input into the system. So it actually is a time based system. If you look closely on the software it will tell you what time you're supposed to be at each stop. Of course it's nonsense to assume you will be there at that time on any given day.
But that has nothing to do with what the OP was complaining about, or with how UPS looks at ,or uses Orion. They look at the mileage, not the time aspect of it.

tacken

Remember your last stop is your most important one.. That being getting home to your family. HAHAHAHAHA Management full of BS.

Dhydratd

When Orion is physically able to run my route in the allotted time, then maybe I'll give a smile* about Orion's numbers.

Nah, just kidding. I'll never care!!

JL 0513

But that has nothing to do with what the OP was complaining about, or with how UPS looks at ,or uses Orion. They look at the mileage, not the time aspect of it.

This is why people were disagreeing with me. I said nothing about ORION being used to save or measure time. Even if local management may try to point to the ORION screens to pressure drivers.

I was specifically talking about ORION's programming. The 1's and 0's. The algorithm uses all the time inputs that were placed into it by the ORION team, management, and existing time studies. That all has to play into the solution. It's not as easy as what is the least amount of land we can cover with a certain set of stops. If that was the case, ORION might have you do 75 resi's before your first business. Or your 10:30 commit might be your last stop.

Obviously I know ORION was designed for mileage savings. But it has to accomplish this within the parameters of the time inputs that are put into it. Hopefully this clears up my point.

Dhydratd

IMO, Orion was designed to strip away the miles that were built into the existing time allowances. This makes each route look like it needs more work in order to plan. The whole idea around Orion was to add more work to each route and to eliminate routes. The fuel savings was just a bonus.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Battle Mode gets you nowhere with supervision chimps. They can't hear you anyway, with their heads so far up the boss's arse and such.

Best thing to do is respond back, "will try", they come in late like you said you would.