oldngray

nowhere special
seems like they could use integrad to actually train and improve weaknesses vs making it a stress test to fail people.

The stress part is good. Though it is a different kind of stress than actually being on the road driving. What I don't like is the emphasis on rote memorization instead on more on hands delivery training.

UPS started Integrad because too many new drivers were failing to qualify but the sink or swim philosophy is the historic mindset.

The worst part is you will need to learn how to really do the job when you start driving as a trainee. The pressure will be off the written tests but the real world is a lot different than a perfect classroom environment.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The one retiree that I do respect on this forum is Cosmo. I respect him as he rarely posts in any of the operations threads. He realizes that he has been out of the game long enough to not be fully aware if the changes that have been made since he left.

I also respect him because he is a stand up guy who knows what he is talking, traits that I feel that I also possess.

KingofFluff

The one retiree that I do respect on this forum is Cosmo. I respect him as he rarely posts in any of the operations threads. He realizes that he has been out of the game long enough to not be fully aware if the changes that have been made since he left.

I also respect him because he is a stand up guy who knows what he is talking, traits that I feel that I also possess.
@cosmo1. Now I know why I hate you.

HFolb23

FWIW, my supervisors saw a drastic improvement between new hires that went to Integrad and those who went to the traditional driving school. My on road told me he has never had new hires scratch their first day before yet he's had 3 scratch their first days on their own. Hoping to get my shot next week.

Dr.Brownz

FWIW, my supervisors saw a drastic improvement between new hires that went to Integrad and those who went to the traditional driving school. My on road told me he has never had new hires scratch their first day before yet he's had 3 scratch their first days on their own. Hoping to get my shot next week.

Integrad is not the only factor here. Did those drivers work through lunch and use THEIR PERSONAL SMART PHONES to figure out the route? How poor was the quality of service that the customers on that route experienced?

optikz

yea I learned things but am now being "re-taught" the local center way lol. so I feel like I'm back at school, just more hands on this time

The Chosen 1

God, Family, UPSer
Since attending Integrad in Mckinney Tx and graduating this past Friday (10/28/2016), I thought I would share my experiences and give a run down of how it works and what to expect if you will be attending Integrad in the near future. Below is an example of in class schedule we went by.

Let me start off by saying our class started with 32 students on Monday. By Friday we had 26 students graduate including my self. 1 was DQ'd for not shaving and having a wrinkled uniform, 2 Dq'd for hitting a curb while driving, 1 for being behind on his WBT's, 1 for not knowing his 5 & 10's, & 1 transferred to local class near him.

To be honest, I didn't think I would make it but I did. I would say just make sure you iron, shine your shoes, stay on top of your WBT's and DIAD training/assessments, don't hit anyone or anything and try your best at Intergration station and On road drill, you should make to graduation. Be consistent and show them you really want to be a driver and you'll be fine.

• Start Time 6:50am
  • Presentation of what you will learn throughout the course of Integrad. Monday ONLY!!!
  • Introduction of facilitators. (Name, How long they've been with the co. exc.) Monday ONLY!!!
  • Stand up introduction of yourself. (Name, place of birth, why you want to drive.) Monday ONLY!!!
  • Assigned a seat number and partner. (Partner is the person sitting next to you.) Monday ONLY!!!
  • Issuing of DIAD handhelds/holsters and training/study material. (Training & study material are specifically for Integration station, 10 point commentary, Driver drill, T.I.M.M.S.)
  • Appearance check. (Uniform must be clean, ironed, shoes shined/polished, nicely shaved, must have uniformed issued black belt, black/brown socks, white/brown under shirts.)
  • WBT's (Web Base Training) modules that are aligned with safety, delivery methods exc. (Each day there are 5-6 modules that have to be completed, NO EXCEPTIONS!!!)
  • Test out of 5's & 10's (They give you chance after chance to test out daily. Must be tested out by Thursday at the least.)
  • DIAD Training- You will have a series of practice DIAD scenarios and one assessment.
  • You and your partner will now go either to "Intergration station" or "On road" which a facilitator will demonstrate the proper way on how to deliver packages and how to properly recite T.I.M.M.S, 10 commentary and driver drill while on road. (Times for each station or training is based off a pocket card. It helps you and your partner stay organized.)
  • Lunch/breaks (Everyone goes to lunch together but breaks are based on pocket card times.)
  • Clock out of DIAD, placing everything back in training packet, putting DIAD boards back on charging stations and holsters up.
  • Inside PM wrap up (Review of what happened that day.)
  • Dismissed to go home.
Tuesday:
  • Retrieve of DIAD handhelds/holsters and training/study material. (Training & study material are specifically for Integration station, 10 point commentary, Driver drill, T.I.M.M.S.)
  • Punch in DIAD/Inside AM
  • Slide presentation of different safety methods exc. by each facilitator.
  • Appearance check. (Uniform must be clean, ironed, shoes shined/polished, nicely shaved, must have uniformed issued black belt, black/brown socks, white/brown under shirts.)
  • WBT's (Web Base Training) modules that are aligned with safety, delivery methods exc. (Each day there are 5-6 modules that have to be completed, NO EXCEPTIONS!!!)
  • Test out of 5's & 10's (They give you chance after chance to test out daily. Must be tested out by Thursday at the least.)
  • DIAD Training- You will have a series of practice DIAD scenarios and one assessment.
  • You and your partner will now go either to "Intergration station" or "On road". You both will demonstrate the proper way on how to deliver packages and how to properly recite T.I.M.M.S, 10 commentary and driver drill. (Times for each station or training is based off a pocket card. It help you and your partner stay organized.)
  • Lunch/breaks (Everyone goes to lunch together but breaks are based on pocket card times.)
  • Clock out of DIAD, placing everything back in training packet, putting DIAD boards back on charging stations and holsters up.
  • Dismissed to go home.
Wednesday:
  • Retrieve of DIAD handhelds/holsters and training/study material. (Training & study material are specifically for Integration station, 10 point commentary, Driver drill, T.I.M.M.S.)
  • You and your partner will now go either to "Intergration station" or "On road". You both will drive and demonstrate the proper way on how to deliver packages and how to properly recite T.I.M.M.S, 10 commentary and driver drill. (Times for each station or training is based off a pocket card. It help you and your partner stay organized.)
  • Dismissed to go home.
Thursday: (Test Day!!!)
  • Intergration Station (You will have to test out and show the facilitators you can deliver packages.)
  • On Road (You will have to test out and show the facilitators you know your 10 point commentary, T.I.M.M.S and Driver drill methods while driving.)
  • Dismissed to go home.
Friday: (Graduation!!!)

• Retrieve only DIAD handhelds. (No holsters or training packet needed.)
  • Slide presentation of different accidents and unsafe work methods.
  • WBT's (Web Base Training) Finish any incomplete training modules.
  • DIAD Training- You will have one last practice DIAD scenarios and one assessment.
  • Clock out of DIAD, putting DIAD boards back on charging stations.
  • Certificate presentation. (Graduation)
  • Class Picture
  • Dismissed to go home early.

BigD Bri

This is awesome, since I'm attending Integrad at the same facility tomorrow. Appreciate the effort in posting this... Did they tell you anything about your driving schedule this coming week?

optikz

Since attending Integrad in Mckinney Tx and graduating this past Friday (10/28/2016), I thought I would share my experiences and give a run down of how it works and what to expect if you will be attending Integrad in the near future. Below is an example of in class schedule we went by.

Let me start off by saying our class started with 32 students on Monday. By Friday we had 26 students graduate including my self. 1 was DQ'd for not shaving and having a wrinkled uniform, 2 Dq'd for hitting a curb while driving, 1 for being behind on his WBT's, 1 for not knowing his 5 & 10's, & 1 transferred to local class near him.

To be honest, I didn't think I would make it but I did. I would say just make sure you iron, shine your shoes, stay on top of your WBT's and DIAD training/assessments, don't hit anyone or anything and try your best at Intergration station and On road drill, you should make to graduation. Be consistent and show them you really want to be a driver and you'll be fine.

• Presentation of what you will learn throughout the course of Integrad. Monday ONLY!!!
  • Introduction of facilitators. (Name, How long they've been with the co. exc.) Monday ONLY!!!
  • Stand up introduction of yourself. (Name, place of birth, why you want to drive.) Monday ONLY!!!
  • Assigned a seat number and partner. (Partner is the person sitting next to you.) Monday ONLY!!!
  • Issuing of DIAD handhelds/holsters and training/study material. (Training & study material are specifically for Integration station, 10 point commentary, Driver drill, T.I.M.M.S.)
  • You and your partner will now go either to "Intergration station" or "On road" which a facilitator will demonstrate the proper way on how to deliver packages and how to properly recite T.I.M.M.S, 10 commentary and driver drill while on road. (Times for each station or training is based off a pocket card. It helps you and your partner stay organized.)
  • Dismissed to go home.
Tuesday:
  • You and your partner will now go either to "Intergration station" or "On road". You both will demonstrate the proper way on how to deliver packages and how to properly recite T.I.M.M.S, 10 commentary and driver drill. (Times for each station or training is based off a pocket card. It help you and your partner stay organized.)
  • Dismissed to go home.
Wednesday:
  • You and your partner will now go either to "Intergration station" or "On road". You both will drive and demonstrate the proper way on how to deliver packages and how to properly recite T.I.M.M.S, 10 commentary and driver drill. (Times for each station or training is based off a pocket card. It help you and your partner stay organized.)
  • Dismissed to go home.
Thursday: (Test Day!!!)
  • Intergration Station (You will have to test out and show the facilitators you can deliver packages.)
  • On Road (You will have to test out and show the facilitators you know your 10 point commentary, T.I.M.M.S and Driver drill methods while driving.)
  • Dismissed to go home.
Friday: (Graduation!!!)

• Retrieve only DIAD handhelds. (No holsters or training packet needed.)
  • Slide presentation of different accidents and unsafe work methods.
  • WBT's (Web Base Training) Finish any incomplete training modules.
  • DIAD Training- You will have one last practice DIAD scenarios and one assessment.
  • Clock out of DIAD, putting DIAD boards back on charging stations.
  • Certificate presentation. (Graduation)
  • Class Picture
  • Dismissed to go home early.
you didn't get graded?? like score am 85 or better on the driver drill and integration station? no 60 question test on friday?