Headed to Intergrad

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by HFolb23, Sep 16, 2016.

1. optikz

optikz Member

you didn't get graded?? like score am 85 or better on the driver drill and integration station? no 60 question test on friday?

2. The Chosen 1

The Chosen 1 God, Family, UPSer

NP @BigD Bri. No they did not inform me of a driving schedule as of yet.

3. The Chosen 1

No grade... It's either pass or fail. As long as you demonstrate on test day like you did the previous two days and show some improvement on both integration station and on road driver drill you'll be fine. No written test on Friday. Just another practice DIAD module and one DIAD assessment like the other days... There's no "Big Test" per say...

4. optikz

optikz Member

you had it easy then. most integrad classes you have to pass on a grading scale on Thursday and you have to pass the pre trip, 5 and 10s, and a 60 point multiple choice test on friday.

5. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Single digit midget!

Do any of you feel that Integrad has prepared you better than the training you would have received from your home centers?

6. The Chosen 1

I guess we did have it easy... No pre-trip test or 60 question test. I heard since most of us there were casual/seasonal drivers they altered the course a little. Maybe those were a few things they took out. I guess they're hurting for drivers as peak is fastly approaching...

7. The Chosen 1

I believe it provided me with better training than my center could've given me. Integrad was a lot of hands on and not just a bunch of classroom work. With me being a visual learner, Integration station helped me out 100% and I got to see how things work when your out there delivering packages on a daily basis.

8. UpstateNYUPSer

There would have been little to no classroom training if you had been trained in house.

9. The Chosen 1

That's the word on the street... I heard in house training is a lot more stricked than the training at integrad.

10. UpstateNYUPSer

You heard wrong.

11. The Chosen 1

So integrad is worse?

12. UpstateNYUPSer

Not worse. Different focus.

Integrad focuses more on the appearance standards and other things that do not directly impact you on road than your center team would.

The basics of the job can be mastered on the first day. The difficult part for our newbies is trying to learn their delivery areas, which is made that much more difficult when trying to follow Orion.

13. melty05

melty05 New Member

Your intergrad was easy as could be. It can be much worse than you described

14. Retiree

Retiree Active Member

For seasonal drivers, the McKinney location does not follow Integrad curriculum, it is mainly NSPT.

15. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

If they've never been trained before how would they know if it's better or worse

16. UpstateNYUPSer

Good point.

17. BigD Bri

BigD Bri Member

NSPT?... Non seasonal part time, I'm assuming this means?

Why on Earth would you change a curriculum for driver training? Everyone is still driving a brown truck, right? That doesn't make any sense, seeing as how everyone is spending a week at the training facility regardless... For what possible reason would there be a different curiculum?

18. silenze

silenze Lunch is the best part of the day

New service provider training

19. The Chosen 1

Is that what NSPT stands for? I type those letters so many times last week and had no clue what it means.

20. BigD Bri

BigD Bri Member

Been reading that for the last two weeks myself, so I'll put on the dumba$$ hat for not picking that up.. Still, why would there be any difference in training procedure?