brownsoccer

Well they didn't make us know it on day 1 thank god. I guess by Wed we need to know it. Ugh. So you only get $18.75 an hour to start as a driver full time? I was thinking it was closer to $30. Why would full time get same as seasonal? That seems dumb. Not sure I'm willing to wait 4 years to get $36 an hour. That's assuming they bring me back after seasonal. I guess I'll see how the next 2months go and if I like it.

Brisket

Well they didn't make us know it on day 1 thank god. I guess by Wed we need to know it. Ugh. So you only get $18.75 an hour to start as a driver full time? I was thinking it was closer to $30. Why would full time get same as seasonal? That seems dumb. Not sure I'm willing to wait 4 years to get $36 an hour. That's assuming they bring me back after seasonal. I guess I'll see how the next 2months go and if I like it.

Not sure on the starting wage, but there's no way it's $30 UNLESS you try and add the cost of bennies and then that still isn't right!

Oh and you mean if THEY like you AND you are the lucky one to get the outside hire spot.

Also IF you got in, you couldn't wait 4 yrs to get to top out???!! Smh... Kids....

TreyDay

Ok, I know this is covered in some areas somewhat, but I'm totally confused on this whole 30 day "time in" thing and also confused as to what my options are after this seasonal thing is up. My main goal is to be a FT driver after seasonal and I know that's a gamble, but what are my options to at least stay working there and get my time in and benefits if I can't stay on as a FT driver? Thank you in advance.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Ok, I know this is covered in some areas somewhat, but I'm totally confused on this whole 30 day "time in" thing and also confused as to what my options are after this seasonal thing is up. My main goal is to be a FT driver after seasonal and I know that's a gamble, but what are my options to at least stay working there and get my time in and benefits if I can't stay on as a FT driver? Thank you in advance.
Bunch of pricks you work with at your center that can't even give you the answers you are looking for.

TreyDay

My question is how hard are the on road supervisors on you? As far as the use of the diad we only got two days of use in class on them. So when I go to train with my supervisor on the first day what is he expecting out of me?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My question is how hard are the on road supervisors on you? As far as the use of the diad we only got two days of use in class on them. So when I go to train with my supervisor on the first day what is he expecting out of me?

First day he drives and you sit.

Second day he drives first half of day and you drive second half.

Third day you drive and he sits .

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

Relax. If the supe is any good, he/she will show you what you need to know.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Class provides a framework. We don't expect you to hop on the DIAD day 1 and knock out a fe CODs