Headed to Intergrad

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by HFolb23, Sep 16, 2016.

1. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Well-Known Member

I have to applaud my local center team for their insistence that everyone going to driving school have their DOK down pat before they go or they don't go.

2. BigD Bri

BigD Bri Member

Mine was the same. My HR contact was thourough in being prepared... Of 32 people in my class, only a few of us tested out on the 5's and 10's the first day.

3. brownsoccer

brownsoccer Member

Should I even bother going? Been trying all day. I may get the 5 things but no way the 10 things. Fail

4. OrioN

OrioN double tap o da horn dooshbag

Study harr durr !!!

They should have given these things out waaay ahead of time so u can actually put it in practice while driving your personal cars during your commute to n fro UPS

There are some other threads floating around that highlights the 10 points ... i just suck at searching

5. UpstateNYUPSer

The material is not that hard to learn.

6. brownsoccer

brownsoccer Member

Yeah it is. I have no memory. Guess they'll send me home tomorrow. Too bad to cuz I'm an excellent driver and would love this job.

7. UpstateNYUPSer

You don't have to memorize the 10 point word for word---just hit the main points.

I can think of 80-100K reasons why I would make sure that I knew it word for word.

8. Brisket

Brisket Well-Known Member

Try flash cards.

9. Brisket

Memorize the first 5, then the second 5 ( if it helps memorize the first letter of each bullet point for the last 5)

Good Luck!

10. By The Book

By The Book Well-Known Member

By your own admission driving is the easy part. It's all the other stuff that we have to put up with that can make this job difficult. After about a year this job is easy. I haven't had an employee denied their opportunity because they weren't 100% on the DOK. There have been a few who have had extra learning sessions so the manager was ok with them.

11. SaladTosser

SaladTosser Kill me now

If you don't want the job that bad then don't bother showing up

12. UpstateNYUPSer

He is going to Integrad tomorrow morning.

13. This is why they make us memorize them before they even schedule you for a class. What a waste of a spot.

14. brownsoccer

brownsoccer Member

It says it is New service provider trading and its 3 days. Is this Integrad?

15. UpstateNYUPSer

Nope. It is a more condensed version.

16. Brisket

No, but still be prepared because they are going to throw a ton at you ( condensing 5 days into 3), and they will still have you write your 5 and 10 ( in most instances) every day .

17. brownsoccer

brownsoccer Member

So if I get the seasonal job and work until Jan and then they decide to bring me on full time after that do I need to go to integrad?

18. UpstateNYUPSer

19. Rack em

Rack em 2018 Brown Cafe Fantasy Football Champion

Depending on how bad they need seasonal drivers, they might let you slide not knowing it ALL word for word. Just keep studying every day and do your best! They waited until the last day of class for our 5 and 10 written test so you have plenty of time to keep studying.

20. Rick Ross

Rick Ross I'm into distribution!!

We had to know them all word for word but I learned them in a weekend. Try writing them down every few hours, that's what made it easy for me.