dudebro

Would love to see someone come off the streets and run any route by ORION The job is not as easy as we make it

There are a number of paths the technology can take the job. But it's not as simple as comparing the experienced driver to the new driver. Of course the experienced driver will wipe the floor with the new driver, all other things equal.

But if the new driver is cheap enough that the productivity difference doesn't matter, if a new driver can do 2/3rds the work at half the cost, it becomes a possibility.

Personally, I hope the drivers continue to be paid well and we add skill and automation management to the job so it continues to be a living wage occupation and UPS remains competitive, but no one can say where this will head for certain.

AutoZone

BrownPower
Would love to see someone come off the streets and run any route by ORION The job is not as easy as we make it
It only took me a week of training and 1 week of oh :censored2:, did I do that right... And I've been fine since.. I'd really love to know what you seasoned veteran drivers consider the hardest part of driving PC's are... Curious if I've even been the yet in the 5 months of driving, and haven't noticed..

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It only took me a week of training and 1 week of oh :censored2:, did I do that right... And I've been fine since.. I'd really love to know what you seasoned veteran drivers consider the hardest part of driving PC's are... Curious if I've even been the yet in the 5 months of driving, and haven't noticed..

Driving is the easy part of the job.

Turdferguson

Just a turd

I don't believe I have heard you discuss a single customer interaction or experience in any of your posts.

AutoZone

BrownPower
I'll still waiting to hear what you senior guys who've worked 20+ years consider the hard part of the job. I'm curious to what you all consider the hard part... The hardest thing I do day to day is walk up stairs with heavy packages..

Tick Toc

I think the issue at hand here is not what's so "difficult about the job". Rather more trying to show some respect to the vets from n00bs like us. Yes, they're not hard steps to march. But we haven't marched millions of them yet.

Read more, learn more. Ruffle feathers less.

AutoZone

BrownPower
I think the issue at hand here is not what's so "difficult about the job". Rather more trying to show some respect to the vets from n00bs like us. Yes, they're not hard steps to march. But we haven't marched millions of them yet.

Read more, learn more. Ruffle feathers less.
You're missing what I'm saying and taking it out of context... It's not a slam on the older guys. I'm seriously asking what they consider the hardest part of the job. I'm sure each has a different view of it. I know I'm new.. I'm sure there's harder work I've yet to do. That's why I'm asking.. and that's why I said the hardest thing I do is walk up stairs with 5-6-7 packages, or walking up 3-4 flights with 70+ lbs packages... Other then that, I haven't really come across anything to difficult... Time commits?? I make sure I break off early enough to get them done... I guess that could be a slight stress too.. but there has to be more difficult things involved I'm sure... Anyone care to chime in what they deal with daily, Or even once in a while that's REALLY TOUGH?