Tick Toc

I'd say the hardest thing so far is looking for something that may or MAY NOT be on the car and deciding how much time to invest in looking for it.

But that's just me, and it's not really "difficult".

AutoZone

BrownPower
I don't believe I have heard you discuss a single customer interaction or experience in any of your posts.
Customer interaction? I got some chocolate chip cookies last week from a nice couple a deliver to almost every day... They were delish.. if you're meaning I don't say anything about negative customer interaction, that's cause their are none..

AutoZone

BrownPower
I'd say the hardest thing so far is looking for something that may or MAY NOT be on the car and deciding how much time to invest in looking for it.

But that's just me, and it's not really "difficult".
Agree that's not difficult at all.. but I get what you're saying.. I usually check the shelf, then to the floor under the shelf.. then a quick glance to the middle floor.. if not seen there, I keep it moving and come back later if found.. usually if I haven't found it by the point I decide to move it's either not on the truck or buried back on the 8k shelf... So I don't invest to much time there

Last edited:

AutoZone

BrownPower
You ever drive a high step non power steering truck?

Ever get stuck in a blizzard or a flood?

Anyone can run and gun for a little while but it catches up to you

PS

You better apologize to @cheryl
No, and I'll never need to drive that, so that comment is irrelevant...

And no, I live in Florida, why anyone would live anywhere else and do this job dumbfounds me... I'm sure driving on ice and snow isn't fun.. I could see that being a difficult aspect I wouldn't know anything about..

I don't run and gun.. I work hard to my degree of pace.. my ors walks faster then I do.. and told me to speed up once.. I kept MY brisk pace.. not his... I understand the science to not hurting yourself..

No, and I'll never need to drive that, so that comment is irrelevant...

And no, I live in Florida, why anyone would live anywhere else and do this job dumbfounds me... I'm sure driving on ice and snow isn't fun.. I could see that being a difficult aspect I wouldn't know anything about..

I don't run and gun.. I work hard to my degree of pace.. my ors walls faster then I do.. and told me to speed up once.. I kept MY brisk pace.. not his... I understand the science to not hurting yourself..
You don't stay young forever.
Remember that

AutoZone

BrownPower
Heavy rain?
Florida gets blasted
And if you don't know Florida motto... It's, "If you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes..." We get blasted for a quick few minutes and it calms down.. and it's usually late afternoon.. 3-5pm after the humidity had built up and the winds from the gulf and Atlantic collide over the middle of the state..

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I think the issue at hand here is not what's so "difficult about the job". Rather more trying to show some respect to the vets from n00bs like us. Yes, they're not hard steps to march. But we haven't marched millions of them yet.

Read more, learn more. Ruffle feathers less.

A breath of fresh air
Keep your head up kid

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
You're missing what I'm saying and taking it out of context... It's not a slam on the older guys. I'm seriously asking what they consider the hardest part of the job. I'm sure each has a different view of it. I know I'm new.. I'm sure there's harder work I've yet to do. That's why I'm asking.. and that's why I said the hardest thing I do is walk up stairs with 5-6-7 packages, or walking up 3-4 flights with 70+ lbs packages... Other then that, I haven't really come across anything to difficult... Time commits?? I make sure I break off early enough to get them done... I guess that could be a slight stress too.. but there has to be more difficult things involved I'm sure... Anyone care to chime in what they deal with daily, Or even once in a while that's REALLY TOUGH?

I did the last 10 years on a 280-320 mile route the monotony was the hardest part of the job

Ms.PacMan

I'll still waiting to hear what you senior guys who've worked 20+ years consider the hard part of the job. I'm curious to what you all consider the hard part... The hardest thing I do day to day is walk up stairs with heavy packages..

Longevity and endurance - time is the hardest part. There's a saying...you run the first 10 years, walk the second 10 years, and crawl the last 10 years. Add to that the mind fukk that is UPS and the loss of family time over decades.

We have all been where you are - you can't even begin to know where we are all coming from.

You can go read the pension buyout thread to get an idea of how hard it is to make UPS a career.

Tick Toc

I'm told the current TCD list is small and I'm near the top. Sometime in 2017, most likely by this time next year. So says the center manager I'm driving out of (I preload out of the center across the room. Major Hub)

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Customer interaction? I got some chocolate chip cookies last week from a nice couple a deliver to almost every day... They were delish.. if you're meaning I don't say anything about negative customer interaction, that's cause their are none..

Negative or positive. All you discuss is how many stops you do and how many hours you work. Anyone can drop off a package. Do you do any any pickups? Do you remember your customers names so that if they don't have an apartment number, suite number or bad address do you have the capability or knowledge to know where that package goes to, or do you just sheet as no such number or need apt number and move on

Negative or positive. All you discuss is how many stops you do and how many hours you work. Anyone can drop off a package. Do you do any any pickups? Do you remember your customers names so that if they don't have an apartment number, suite number or bad address do you have the capability or knowledge to know where that package goes to, or do you just sheet as no such number or need apt number and move on
Preach it brother Turd

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
He would need his own route for that.